Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

More Hot of the Press

See below, by the way these are not my musings but come from the font of all football knowledge Football Rumours, as was the previous HOTP.

I guess some of you don''t read this august website and attribute the posts to me, sorry I don''t know anyone within the club, but know a lot of season ticket holders who have been unhapy since August and unsurprisingly are not any happier.

Happy to be part of a growing minority however.

Here goes:

Contrary to popular opinion, Nigel Worthington''s job at Norwich City is safe. The Canaries board are determined to flex their muscle in the face of what they regard as a "hooligan minority" who are demanding change and demonstrate their faith in Worthington by offering him a new four year contract this week which will be publicly signed as a demonstration of that faith.

Could this be true, its so bizarre expect to see Press Conference before NCISA meeting.

What has he done to deserve a 4 year contract, expect for getting us promoted what he didn''t capitalise on, abso Nothing!!!

I would settle for a Board statement that Worthington will definately be in post next season as it will answer all my questions about season ticket renewals and I can just go out and spend it on Ophellia and me.

If they are calling worthy outers the ''hooligan minority'', maybe they werent listening at the crystal palace game. I dont think one person wasn''t chanting. The board needs to get a grip before the fans start to desert and it hits them where it hurts, the bank balance.

Don''t worry, it will only be in the capacity of a tea boy!! Put the kettle on Nigel it''s almost half time. So the club are expecting a lot of season ticket holders to renew at the end of next week?? If it is true it just takes the biscuit.

Sorry.  This is just too incredible to take seriously.  It make no business sense.  The Board have done well to get W onto a rolling 12-month contract - that means a maximum of 1 years'' pay if they say ''goodbye''.  Why should they wan to  turn that into a 4 year payoff burden?  [:^)]

[quote user="superhux"]If they are calling worthy outers the ''hooligan minority'', maybe they werent listening at the crystal palace game. I dont think one person wasn''t chanting. The board needs to get a grip before the fans start to desert and it hits them where it hurts, the bank balance.[/quote]

Lets play along for a minute. Lets pretend it is a "hooligan minority" can we understand then that the club is responding to their protests, whether the result is what they were hoping for? The Club needs to make the best decision for the club, not make reactionary decisions to what they consider a minority.

The ''senior citizens'' who phoned Canary Call on Saturday didn''t sound like hooligans to me... Joe from Cringleford (who fell out with Adams because he dared to criticise him) sounded like someone who, if really riled, might just poke Kipper, Donkeycaster or Munbybags in the chest with his rolled-up newspaper if he met them in Sainsbury''s ....  [;)]

Hooligan behaviour? I think not.  [:)]

Minority? Definitely not!!!  [:@]