Sign in to follow this  
Nasium

UNACCEPTABLE.

Yesterday''s debacle wasn''t a rare anomoly, something that happens once in a blue moon. Yesterday was yet another example of the abject no-show this club has consistantly displayed in the last 18 months.

We supporters spend hundreds if not thousands supporting and following our team week in, week out, every season. Is this the thanks we get for our loyalty? Yet another abysmal, inexcusable no-show from our team for the whole 90 minutes. Out-classed, out-thought, annihialated, thrashed, ripped-to-shreds, embarrasing, un-challenged, unbelievable. Just some of the words used by Chris Goreham and Neil Adams on their Radio Norfolk commentary. Those are the sort of words you might expect to hear if you''d just been defeated by Barcelona in their own back yard. NOT by Crystal Palace in theirs. There can be no excuses for yesterday. Purely and simply, unacceptable.

This is not the first time a Norwich City performance this year has been unacceptable. Luton away. QPR away. Derby away. Wolves away. Stoke away. Millwall away. Sheffield Wednesday home. Ipswich home. Hardly names of teams that should strike fear into us. Then how about being soundly thrashed by Reading and Preston so soon after Worthington''s manager of the month award for December. A footballing lesson from Watford in January too. The form teams of the Championship this year, but is there really that much of a gulf between them and us?

We were a Premiership team nine months ago. Why roll over so tamely against Birmingham and West Ham (twice in two years) in the Cups? Such a huge gulf isn''t there?

The last two away games typify the clubs apathetic approach towards what is its bread and butter. Two scrambled, lucky own goals in the dying minutes. The first rescued us a point we hardly deserved against a Hull side, who by their own manager''s admission didn''t turn up on the day. The other against Palace, something that would do a dis-service to the word ''consolation''.

The criticisms of tactics and team selections have been well documented in recent months. Very few, if any, regular Norwich supporters have ever played football at the highest level, but even we can see the weaknesses which continually are not addressed by the team management. A proper right-sided midfielder who can provide a service to our strikers. A midfield of any quality would surfice to avoid the tedious and persistant hoof-ball we see from the back to the front. The playing of players out of position. The refusal to blood more youngsters from the accademy instead bringing in (mostly) second-rate loanees. The picking of certain favourites, even though they might well be out of form, they have a tremendous work ethic so they play. The embarrasing public criticism by Worthington of those like McVeigh and Huckerby (our joint top scorers FFS), one of only a small handful at the club that actually care about NCFC and demonstrate the passion.

I do not believe for one minute that Barry Skipper actually thinks that it''s a tiny minority of supporters that are dissatisfied with the state of the club at present. If he continues to argue his case, it displays a stunning ignorance and arrogance. The Board constantly advocate that they listen to the supporters and take their views on board. I think Mr Doncaster, Delia and Michael are accutely aware of the supporters dissatisfaction, coupled with the many unnacceptable performances from the team. It may well be, Mr Skipper that many have not publically voiced their concerns till now. I believed in giving Worthington and his back room team every opportunity to make ammends this season. Even after half a dozen games when people were calling for a change, I remained very much of the mind to give it time, a sort of infinite patience as the Board may put it. However, a few good results here, and a few heartening displays there have not, and will not make ammends for a season where we have seriously under-performed. I have mainly kept my dissatisfaction to myself and close friends. Now though, it''s time to stand up and be counted. For the first time this season, I am THAT angry, I feel compelled to make my views truly known.

After yesterday''s debacle, my infinite patience has now run out entirely. IF the Board can honestly stand up and say that what they witnessed yesterday was "wholly unacceptable", then there is a consequence, and a serious course of action they surely have to take. To accept the unacceptable is unthinkable for the long term future and prosperity of Norwich City Football Club.

Hi there, just replied to your post on the Wrath, and glad you have reposted it on here.  You speak for all of us that have experienced the pain and frustration of this sorry season. There are still some who thinnk we can either turn it around or when the team gels, injuries clear up etc etc, we are magically going to morph into a championship winning side. It ain''t gonna happen, and I dread to think just how bad it was yesterday.  Reading away was humiliation and I guess this was just a re-run of that night.

I wonder if the Board are ever going to wake up and realise that it''s nearly March and we are failing on every level on the football pitch - I cannot believe their benchmark for success is a lucky draw at Hull and unconvincing home wins against Derby and Brighton.  Whatever happened to the proud club we used to watch. 

Not much more to add to your post really, except that I hope something stirs upstairs in the boardroom and they make the necessary measures to ensure this is our last away day massacre this season.

Very good post indeed, certainly sums up how I feel about the whole debacle. I think the board will stick with Worthy until the end of the season, purely to give them the summer to find the new man and, we''re not safe from relegation yet, the inevitable vacuum of a caretaker manager in charge until we find the replacement could possibly be even more detrimental than sticking with Worthy. So ride it out, I''d bet my house and kids that Worthy will not be at Norwich at the beginning of next season!

[quote user="morty"]Very good post indeed, certainly sums up how I feel about the whole debacle. I think the board will stick with Worthy until the end of the season, purely to give them the summer to find the new man and, we''re not safe from relegation yet, the inevitable vacuum of a caretaker manager in charge until we find the replacement could possibly be even more detrimental than sticking with Worthy. So ride it out, I''d bet my house and kids that Worthy will not be at Norwich at the beginning of next season![/quote]welcome on board morty and nassium

morty wrote: "the inevitable vacuum of a caretaker manager in charge until we find the replacement could possibly be even more detrimental than sticking with Worthy."

You may be correct, and I know it doesn''t always apply, but... since Ian McParland and Frank Barlow have been appointed caretakers at Nottingham Forest in the wake of Gary Megson''s departure, Forest have a 100% record in 2 games, scoring 10 and conceeding 1. That in itself speaks alot about the culture the players worked with under Megson, and now under the club''s caretakers. Leicester City have enjoyed a mini-revival since Craig Levine left, but Derby are still struggling under the temporary leadership of  Terry Westley.

Whichever way this goes, I know that the Board will already be planning ahead for next season, and will be ensuring those plans are in the best interest of Norwich City Football Club. I personally think what would do the club a good deal of credit is for someone to stand up and make clear to everyone that Saturday''s performance was wholly unacceptable, (as have other team performances been this season). Where they are doing themselves no favours, and why it''s causing irritation amongst sections of our supporters is the continued ''wall of unity we''re all in this together'' attitude that constantly pervades from Carrow Road.

[quote user="Nasium"]

morty wrote: "the inevitable vacuum of a caretaker manager in charge until we find the replacement could possibly be even more detrimental than sticking with Worthy."

You may be correct, and I know it doesn''t always apply, but... since Ian McParland and Frank Barlow have been appointed caretakers at Nottingham Forest in the wake of Gary Megson''s departure, Forest have a 100% record in 2 games, scoring 10 and conceeding 1. That in itself speaks alot about the culture the players worked with under Megson, and now under the club''s caretakers. Leicester City have enjoyed a mini-revival since Craig Levine left, but Derby are still struggling under the temporary leadership of  Terry Westley.

Whichever way this goes, I know that the Board will already be planning ahead for next season, and will be ensuring those plans are in the best interest of Norwich City Football Club. I personally think what would do the club a good deal of credit is for someone to stand up and make clear to everyone that Saturday''s performance was wholly unacceptable, (as have other team performances been this season). Where they are doing themselves no favours, and why it''s causing irritation amongst sections of our supporters is the continued ''wall of unity we''re all in this together'' attitude that constantly pervades from Carrow Road.

[/quote]

Nigel has aready made it known  that these sort of  performances are unacceptable !  and that extra  training  next week is on the cards , but we all know  this is p***ing in the wind at this stage of the season !  

What DOES come over  , loud and clear , is that the players   involved  in sudden  " revival " of form when their manager gets sacked ,  is that they are cheats !   and I mean that most sincerely !!     because it doesn`t take a brain surgeon  to work out that   if they  don`t like the style [ if you like ]  of their manager  , all they have to do is play crap until HE gets the sack ,

there is no way that a team  that is consistantly  underperforming , can genuinely  play well  simply because their manager`s got the boot !    because the new manager  has had zero opportunity  to influence a team in the space of a few weeks ,   for a team to suddenly start playing well     , in those circumstances .......   stinks !! 

I think most people on this message board know my position - or at least knew what that position was until this weekend.  It is not the defeat that has changed my opinion.  If we had played well but been outplayed by a better team and lost, I could have accepted it.  However, yet again there is a no-show from the team.  This time was one time too many - change needs to happen to reverse this trend and I am becoming more convinced by the day that managerial change is the only way this will happen.  I still feel we have a squad capable of winning this league (not now, obviously), but for some reason they are not delivering.  Simply not good enough.

[quote user="sheded"][quote user="Nasium"]

[/quote]

Nigel has aready made it known  that these sort of  performances are unacceptable !  and that extra  training  next week is on the cards , but we all know  this is p***ing in the wind at this stage of the season !  

What DOES come over  , loud and clear , is that the players   involved  in sudden  " revival " of form when their manager gets sacked ,  is that they are cheats !   and I mean that most sincerely !!     because it doesn`t take a brain surgeon  to work out that   if they  don`t like the style [ if you like ]  of their manager  , all they have to do is play crap until HE gets the sack ,

there is no way that a team  that is consistantly  underperforming , can genuinely  play well  simply because their manager`s got the boot !    because the new manager  has had zero opportunity  to influence a team in the space of a few weeks ,   for a team to suddenly start playing well     , in those circumstances .......   stinks !! 

[/quote]

WHY!!!! If the players dont want their current manager and their is nothing to play for WHY NOT???  It seems to me the board are so far behind worthy at the moment that, as previously under hamilton, the players wanted him out, delia still pleaded for hamilton to stay.  Who ever wins anything with dressing room unrest??

NOBODY!!!  look at the Brazil vs France World Cup Final!!  even at the best side in the world dressing room unrest playued a part in a 3 nil drubbing.