ricardo

A brief note from Ricardo

Sorry to hear of your loss Ricardo. Losing anyone is tough, but losing someone just before Christmas is an extra sting. Make that "someone" a son and it must be extra devestating.

Keep strong my virtual friend, and I look forward to reading your posts in the near future as and when you feel ready. 

Edited by NWC
spelling

That's devastating, Ricardo. I can't even come close to imagining what you must be going through right now.

Just get through it any way you can.

It's very sad and something no parent should suffer, no words can express. Somethings are always more important than football. Take care and condolences to you and your family.

Burying your own offspring must be the hardest thing anybody can go through, my deepest sympathies Ricardo and can completely understand why football will never be the same for you again. Thoughts with you and yours. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

So sorry to hear this very sad news Ricardo, my sincere condolences to you, your family and close ones. I will miss your match day reports from here in Finland, you always manage to give a great overview of the game for us exiled fans. Take care of yourself and hope to see you back when you feel the time is right. 

Sincere condolences to you and your family Ricardo.

I look forward to your future match reports when you are ready

Sad to hear this Ricardo, somehow these forums will be a poorer place without your input. Take time to grieve, many thanks for your wonderful reports.

Only just seen this. So sorry for your loss, Ricardo. 

What a beautiful tribute, both to your son and to the wonderful things that football can do to bring people together and forge relationships. 

All the very best to you and your family

Robert

On 12/12/2022 at 13:58, ricardo said:

Dear fellow posters and friends, just a brief note to explain why I shall be taking a break from the Forum for a while.

A few days ago I had to say a final goodbye to my dear son Neil. Three years ago we thought he had beaten cancer but its sudden return came as a profound shock. We were together at the final home game before the World Cup but fell ill in late November before declining at an alarming rate.

He has always accompanied me to Carrow Rd since the mid 1970's when I first took him on my shoulders. Other kids his age were into the big clubs at the time but I was overjoyed when he came to love our great club as much as I did. Together with the wider Canary Family, and as father and son, we laughed and cried through the joys and disappointments of all those intervening seasons. Neil was 55 years old and losing him like this has left an empty space in the lives of all his family and his wide circle of friends.

I have been a member of this forum for nearly twenty years and have enjoyed contributing my thoughts and memories and indeed there have been few days when I don't at least look in to make a comment. We may be strangers to one another behind our Avatars but I have come to know many personally while others that I haven't met but engaged with over the years, I have come to regard as my long distance friends. At this time events and matches at CR have dropped a few places in my list of priorities and I intend to give myself a bit of space to take things in.

I hope at some stage to feel able to pick up the pen again but for now my heart isn't in it and my thoughts are elsewhere.

Best wishes and the seasons blessings to you all.

Ricardo

Prayers for your boy Ricardo- may he rest in peace and much sympathy as your process the grief and try and heal. It will take time so hang in there 

My sincerest condolences to you and your family at this sad news. May your beloved son rest in peace as you and your family comfort each other. Robert