Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Pukki appreciation post

Given that sadly I think we all know deep down he's not going to be here for too much longer.. Can we at least take some time to appreciate all hes done for us and given us? Best free transfer in my books 😉

• Like 3

Love him.  So humble.  Just gets on with and not showy like other lesser strikers.  Must be the Scandinavian temperament.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Looked a bit as if he wasn't enjoying it yesterday. As always a willing runner but for 99% of the time it was for nothing. Will be hard to replace.

Looked no different to he always has done and looked very happy with the result at full time.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Looked no different to he always has done and looked very happy with the result at full time.

Believe me I was close up to him at times and the look on his face was one of frustration. Shaking head and looking at his feet doesn't not signal someone who is enjoying it.

31 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Believe me I was close up to him at times and the look on his face was one of frustration. Shaking head and looking at his feet doesn't not signal someone who is enjoying it.

I would say I think I see more of the player’s /reaction mood when I’m at a game than watching it on a screen.

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I would say I think I see more of the player’s /reaction mood when I’m at a game than watching it on a screen.

Exactly. We were sat right at the front and could near enough smell them.

Let's save the appreciation until the end of the season. You never know he still might fire us to promotion. 

Time for Teemu to break records yet.

• Like 1

The way we are playing I bet he can not wait to get out...Will need to do some significant business in the summer to boast our attacking options

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Fair, I wasn't there..but I've seen him do the same plenty of times in the past albeit mostly in the prem.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Exactly. We were sat right at the front and could near enough smell them.

Any of the lads wearing Old Spice or Denim? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Myra Hawtree said:

Love him.  So humble.  Just gets on with and not showy like other lesser strikers.  Must be the Scandinavian temperament.

What like Ibrahimovic?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

It is obvious that he'll be gone in the summer though, so whether he's looking unhappy or not (no idea) the sentiment of the thread is fine, we should enjoy him and appreciate him while he's here.

10 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What like Ibrahimovic?

He has origins in the former Yugoslavia : he is the son of a Bosnian Muslim father, the bookbinder Šefik Ibrahimović, and a Croatian Catholic mother 😉.its in the blood.

1 minute ago, Mengo said:

He has origins in the former Yugoslavia : he is the son of a Bosnian Muslim father, the bookbinder Šefik Ibrahimović, and a Croatian Catholic mother 😉.its in the blood.

I knew somebody would come back with that, which is why I held back the Nicklas Bendtner card 😂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I knew somebody would come back with that, which is why I held back the Nicklas Bendtner card 😂

😄Due to his parents' origins, Ibrahimović could have also chosen to defend the Croatian and Bosnian national teams. Multi - purpose. 

16 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It is obvious that he'll be gone in the summer though, so whether he's looking unhappy or not (no idea) the sentiment of the thread is fine, we should enjoy him and appreciate him while he's here.

Agree

I'm going to miss the hell out of Teemu. Future hall-of-famer for sure, impeccable attitude and possibly the most natural finisher I've ever seen in a Norwich shirt.

• Like 1

If Pukki goes at the end of the season and Dean Smith stays, I think that says everything about what our club has become. Buendia and Pukki gone, Smith still in his job. Talent carelessly disposed of, mediocrity rewarded.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I'm going to miss the hell out of Teemu. Future hall-of-famer for sure, impeccable attitude and possibly the most natural finisher I've ever seen in a Norwich shirt.

just hope he gets to 100 goals before he goes. Feels like he's going to be just short.

On 11/12/2022 at 18:51, Feedthewolf said:

You must be too young to have seen Ted MacDougall!

• Like 5

If ever the club get round to updating the Hall of Fame that for some reason has been totally neglected since 2012 Teemu Pukki should be top of the list of nominations.

Looking at that list, I Wish I knew more about our top scorer ever (Johnny Gavin).  I see he played for around 10 years for us, so safe to say the chance of someone topping that tally is incredibly slim. 

Unless we manage to achieve enough success and can hold on to a goalscorer for similar years....  Or dive right down into the lower leagues and a local lad hangs around for a decade banging them in(?).

Knowing very little about the guy, and never hear anyone talk about how prolific or great he was, There's barely any clips on youtube, it's just a nothing name to me and just realised how sad that feels.

Not sure this post has a reason, really.

On 14/12/2022 at 10:30, Google Bot said:

Looking at that list, I Wish I knew more about our top scorer ever (Johnny Gavin).  I see he played for around 10 years for us, so safe to say the chance of someone topping that tally is incredibly slim. 

Unless we manage to achieve enough success and can hold on to a goalscorer for similar years....  Or dive right down into the lower leagues and a local lad hangs around for a decade banging them in(?).

Knowing very little about the guy, and never hear anyone talk about how prolific or great he was, There's barely any clips on youtube, it's just a nothing name to me and just realised how sad that feels.

Not sure this post has a reason, really.

Here’s the man scoring, great close up camera work for the time. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gttNX8C8GfM

• Thanks 3

He's still the player we should be building around at this level IMHO. We should offer him a decent new two-year contract pronto and stop peeing about.

19 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Here’s the man scoring, great close up camera work for the time. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gttNX8C8GfM

What a fantastic find! As you say the camera work is great, I don't think I've seen any better from that era, so clear you can smell the earth and appreciate how sodden the ground was. That dummy by our number 4 (Cleary) was nonchalantly pulled off! Nearly 13,000 there. 

I normally tend to be negative, but about Teemu I am nothing but positive. He has been a wonderful servant to this club, is totally professional, and has none of the ego issues that so many good forwards have.

I use the present perfect rather than the present simple because I'm almost sure he's going at the end of this season. It's hard to overstate just how much we are going to miss him.