Sign in to follow this  
Cantiaci Canary

From KTF to WO - sorry NW

It hurts me to do this. For so so long I have defended Worthington and thrown forward argument after argument concerning why we are failing and why we need to keep the manager. However, I am gutted to say that ever since the Ipswich game, as hard as I have tried, my belief that Worthington should stay has been seriously compromised.

I am sorry Nigel. I will never forget what success and excitement you have given me as a passionate and loyal Norwich fanatic but lets end this now. Lets not go entirely full circle before your departure. Thanks for the ride - it will never be forgotten - but please leave us now because it is simply not working any more.

Sorry

OTBC - forever

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

It hurts me to do this. For so so long I have defended Worthington and thrown forward argument after argument concerning why we are failing and why we need to keep the manager. However, I am gutted to say that ever since the Ipswich game, as hard as I have tried, my belief that Worthington should stay has been seriously compromised.

I am sorry Nigel. I will never forget what success and excitement you have given me as a passionate and loyal Norwich fanatic but lets end this now. Lets not go entirely full circle before your departure. Thanks for the ride - it will never be forgotten - but please leave us now because it is simply not working any more.

Sorry

OTBC - forever

[/quote]

With you on that one, I was firmly on the fence but it''s becoming embarassing now, I particularly hate going into work and being greeted with "What happened to Norwich at the weekend then??" And I have a bet with a scum fan that we''ll finish above them this season, made months ago obviously. All very, very depressing. 

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

Sorry

OTBC - forever

[/quote] I agree - I will always be grateful for the success he brought to Norwich and will always have repect for him because of that but it is time to go and has been for quite a while now.

I must admit konmstantin that while i may not have agrred with you about worthy you have always made solid points and have had interesting  posts, it takes a lot to see that maybe worthy has ''run his course'' I made my mind up in november to then think maybe not in December.  Now we could win every match to the end of the seaosn and I still would want him out.

Its not just results, but style of play, cup runs, bad feeling around the club.  this latest debacle, which ranks as worse than wolves or derby away has shown just how far away we are from the play-off teams.  in 2006 we have had only one good performance (home to derby) in what ten games??

I JUST HOPE THE BOARD SEE SENSE...

I''m there too.  The excuses for the rubbish we''ve seen this season had a certain validity, premiarship hangover, never a settled team etc etc and for me outweighed the risk of throwing the club into turmoil and the riskiness of a new manager. Those excuses are now invalid. The team has settled, Worthy''s signings are playing (or at least fit to play!) and we are sh**e. The players yesterday had every motivation to beat palace and try a late surge into the playoffs. They did not perform in any way and may well take some blame themselves, but if they can''t be bothered then that is reason enough for Worthy to go now. The nails in the coffin for me have been Worthy''s critisim of McViegh and Hucks for being creative and this "must work harder" mantra when something inspiring is needed. Booooooooooooooring. I want a manager who wants flair as well as work, who wants youth players to be motivated to get into the first team as they know they have a chance to play sometime.It actually says a lot about NW that he hasn''t resigned already, and that''s not a compliment. Most would have slunk out the back door by now.Gradi, Newell, Boothroyd? Somebody that can make up their own phrases would be nice.Go Worthington, it''s become embarrasing.

DEAR Kon,  You say you will never forget the success that nigel gave us , quite right , We won div 1 , but lets look at it , we relied on hux goals ." whom i don''t think he wanted to sigh anway '' the oppersition missing goals, '' i remember wigan missing 4 tap ins in the first 15 mins'' i just think we got lucky,as it proved when we went up to the prem , it transpired it was the weakest div 1 league ever ,if it had not been for a rank bad team in southampton all 3 team that went up would have been relegated soon after xmas, you don''t believe me ?look at the stats , the league do''sen''t lie ,if you want to look at nigels history ,how far do you want to go back ? to blackpool ? no i thought not .

I''m there as well with the switch from KTF to WO and agree there is no way back for him now. However I do not want to see any old appointment, as that would be just as bad, but we are placed mid table with no real likelihood of getting relegated, so if we had to be managerless for some time, that would not be a complete disaster, whereas to make another bad appointment would be.[:(]

Ray - I think a little more balance and intelligence is needed. To start with I think it is bizarre to argue that NW didn''t want to sign Huckerby???

Secondly, every team that wins the league rides their luck at times ... that''s just how things pan out. As you say yourself - the league tables don''t lie. We fully deserved to win Division One with excellent passing, lots of goals, stubborn defending, superb goal-keeping, rigorous leadership from the likes of Roberts and Malky and inspired signings. The table from last year shows that we almost made it and could enter this campaign with real hope (just like Charlton). The table this year shows that too many times we have let ourselves down miserably.

We are being seen as a push-over side now and things need freshening up but I won''t remember Worthington as merely a lucky fool who arrived at the club at exactly the right time. It''s just that now it is exactly the right time for him to leave.

OTBC

I''m totally agreed with the sentiment of this thread (except for RD''s extremely lucid and cogent response - how you can possibly argue that he didn''t want to sign Huckerby is totally beyond me). I think it is robbing us all of something to suggest that the great season was purely down to luck, I simply don''t but that. But, yeah it is time for him to go. (possibly his last chance to act graciously on this one).  

welcome aboard former KTF people... all we need dow is Squit, Dicky and Mad Dan!!!!!

I have been feeling this way about Worthington since September when i was in very much a minority....

now though as has been said above, Worthington should resgin.. he has dignity and respect from the fans.. but the longer he stays the more he loses... if he is sacked in the end then he will lose any credibility he has left with City fans....

but if he walks away he will be remembered the Hero he rightly derserves to be

jas :)

Yep he has got to go!! we need someone with a little tactical nouse so that if we are getting thrashed things can be changed round to stop the rot. Apart from Ipswich away when did NW ever change the system round to change the game. Saturday was the final straw!! Like everyone I was upset when we went down last season but I kept keeping the faith and saying as long as it remains interesting with the possibility of going back up, I don''t mind. Well that''s now suspassed. Time for a change. How many chances will he have??????? I would love to be so poor at my job as NW is and still manage to keep it. It''s amazing!!!!

SPat said: "The players yesterday had every motivation to beat Palace and try a late surge into the playoffs. They did not perform in any way and may well take some blame themselves, but if they can''t be bothered then that is reason enough for Worthy to go now".

This is what I find so very hard to understand - to me, yesterday was rather like last season''s last game at Craven Cottage.  A chance to shine, a chance for the team to show that they were up for it - and, instead, utter capitulation

Whilst I still strongly believe that the management needs a total change, what is the matter with the team that they just cannot stir themselves???   Does Worthy really need to kick ass to get them show any pride?  Or does he really confuse them so much that they really don''t know how to play when 3 o''clock the whistle goes???

Incidentally, McKenzie, Huckerby, Drury, Doc (there may have been others, too) were all spotted at Excel at last night''s boxing extravanganza - so no question of them slinking off home to look at themselves in the mirror and ask ''Could it just be me that''s not fully earning his corn...''  Clearly nothing must get in the way of a bit of relaxation after such hard -ought match.... ha! ha!

I''m getting more and more despondent about the whole damn thing, frankly....  [:@] 

I am sorry it has come to this - I had hoped that either Worthy would prove me wrong or the board would take the step of sacking Nige before things got this serious.

I take no pleasure from the likes of spat, Kon or Morty changing allegiances, it just tells me how bad things have become...

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]I understand that at KTF''er is someone who wants Worthy to stay but could someone please explain where the term comes from?? Is it a fans group? What does KTF literally mean?? Thanks![/quote]

Keep The Faith.

Used as a tag for people who seem to diedplay unyielding loyalty to all things Yellow and Green, whether it be manager, board, players etc.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]I understand that at KTF''er is someone who wants Worthy to stay but could someone please explain where the term comes from?? Is it a fans group? What does KTF literally mean?? Thanks![/quote]

Keep The Faith.

Used as a tag for people who seem to diedplay unyielding loyalty to all things Yellow and Green, whether it be manager, board, players etc.

[/quote] Cheers!! :-)