Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

7-1 loss today and steal their manager?

Just now, The Real Buh said:

If they aren’t replaced standards will remain as low as they currently are.

That might suit you, but that’s not how a successful football club is made.

It's good you blaming me for all that's wrong in your world. I can't fix it. Anyway, it'll soon pass and all will be well.

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's good you blaming me for all that's wrong in your world. I can't fix it. Anyway, it'll soon pass and all will be well.

You are kind of a fan ambassador for low standards at the club tbf.

to still be like “hmmm, I dunno… Is it the players, is it the coaches… What if Deano played in a 4-1-2-2-3-2-4-5-2 formation and hope the ref doesn’t notice… hmm, oh I don’t know now I’m feeling that it’s not Deans fault but his barbers ohhh no oh I’m so charmingly befuddled balancing this blatantly obvious situation in my head” doesn’t make you look balanced and sophisticated, it makes you look naïve and oblivious to basic stimuli I’m afraid buddy.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

to still be like “hmmm, I dunno… Is it the players, is it the coaches… What if Deano played in a 4-1-2-2-3-2-4-5-2 formation and hope the ref doesn’t notice… hmm, oh I don’t know now I’m feeling that it’s not Deans fault but his barbers ohhh no oh I’m so charmingly befuddled balancing this blatantly obvious situation in my head” doesn’t make you look balanced and sophisticated, it makes you look naïve and oblivious to basic stimuli I’m afraid buddy.

Well I can't help how I am. I suppose not appearing unbalanced is a positive?

• Like 1

Deano is underperforming no doubt about that…

he’s got five games to demonstrate he’s got us on a better level and an upward trajectory

That’s my take on it !

I’d love it if he turned things around starting today because the uncertainty of starting over again would be so painful …

But I ain’t confident …

That said my Villa mate still thinks he’s a great manager so hopefully we’ll all be proved wrong … (Those of us who doubt him I mean…)

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Unbalanced is OK it’s when you become unhinged you need to worry! 😂😂👍💚💛

10 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

when the writing on the wall is this obvious then trying to remain “balanced” just makes you look odd.

If you are looking at the football we are playing right now, the mistakes we make, that players we’ve bought and your reaction is “I’ve always been on the fence about Deano” then you are in for a shock when we lose big im afraid.

there’s a rich vein of hatred for the management and board bubbling under the surface and it’s totally justified. It’s not acceptable and people that think it is are kidding themselves and just look obtuse.

Edited by The Real Buh

1 minute ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Deano is underperforming no doubt about that…

he’s got five games to demonstrate he’s got us on a better level and an upward trajectory

That’s my take on it !

I’d love it if he turned things around starting today because the uncertainty of starting over again would be so painful …

But I ain’t confident …

That said my Villa mate still thinks he’s a great manager so hopefully we’ll all be proved wrong … (Those of us who doubt him I mean…)

No he hasn’t in my book, he’s got today, lose today we could be sitting in 10th. If he gets beat today we need a replacement in for January, time to evaluate what’s needed and to do a little dealing to improve the chances of promotion. Smith’s lost more games in less than half a season down in the championship than Farke did in his two entire seasons of winning this championship! Telling.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Christ this place going from saying how awful Russ would be as manager to wanting him has been depressing

Says a lot about the state of things tbh. There's a bit of trolling on this thread and things aren't as bad as some make out, but it's mediocre at best. 

Underperforming to your basic potential and doing nothing about it is far worse than being inheritently shoite and not being able to in my book.

17 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

when the writing on the wall is this obvious then trying to remain “balanced” just makes you look odd.

If you are looking at the football we are playing right now, the mistakes we make, that players we’ve bought and your reaction is “I’ve always been on the fence about Deano” then you are in for a shock when we lose big im afraid.

there’s a rich vein of hatred for the management and board bubbling under the surface and it’s totally justified. It’s not acceptable and people that think it is are kidding themselves and just look obtuse.

There's a massive change occurring at our club. If you think getting rid of the management and board would be a good thing for us then unbalanced would fit you. If we carry on the poor run the manager will be replaced. Unless you get your way and there's no one to replace him. You need to trim your Santa list with a bit of reality.

Stamping your feet and ranting at me won't achieve anything😯

Here’s another thought for you guys

I guarantee there is dossier in a drawer somewhere at Carrow road with a playbook on what to do when we do lose big and the crowd fully turns

and it’s probably labelled “operation throw the fans under the bus”

before this is over, this board will drag us through the dirt for daring to speak up. They’ll throw every “ism” there is at the fanbase to hide their own massive, glaring failures.

Like a rat, Stuart Webber would gnaw off his own foot if he was caught in a trap. You’ll see 😂

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

There's a massive change occurring at our club. If you think getting rid of the management and board would be a good thing for us then unbalanced would fit you. If we carry on the poor run the manager will be replaced. Unless you get your way and there's no one to replace him. You need to trim your Santa list with a bit of reality.

Stamping your feet and ranting at me won't achieve anything😯

Neither will burying your head in the sand to reality and accepting failure and low standards. 

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Neither will burying your head in the sand to reality and accepting failure and low standards. 

Stop blaming me and warrioring away on here whilst accepting the same standards. 

• Like 1

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Stop blaming me and warrioring away on here whilst accepting the same standards. 

At least I’ve got the courage to have a definitive opinion, and have done for a long time, rather than the old classic “I’ve always been on the fence about Smith”

Everybody can say what they like about me and mugs of tea on the touchline but, I was right. I was right about him from the very start.

And when he gets the sack, nobody else will have him. That’s how low our standards are.

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

If they aren’t replaced standards will remain as low as they currently are.

That might suit you, but that’s not how a successful football club is made.

Who is going to replace them?

Getting rid of everyone halfway through the season is not how a successful football club is made...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Who is going to replace them?

Getting rid of everyone halfway through the season is not how a successful football club is made...

It’s how one is formed for the future

given our performance last season the only resolution would have been wholesale change.

every day that passes makes that change more and more necessary. One way or another the whole lot need replacing or things will never get better.

They are all proven abject failures

Just now, nutty nigel said:

I can't keep up Buh and the PUPS games are about to start. Have a good afternoon 🙃👍

You too 👍 

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

My impression of Nutty is that he loves the club and is as passionate a spectator as you can find. Is also involved in lots that’s great about the clubs values. To not be vociferously against an organisational decision that he has no control over doesn’t make him an ambassador for low standards whatsoever. He just rolls with the punches and takes the joy from even the next to joyless. I’d love to have such optimism and this comes with having a long term overview of the ebb and flow of fortunes. 
I want Smith out, I initially gave him a benefit but have turned to the Buh side on this regard. I know enough that my shouting of Smith out which I have been offering for a few weeks in the stands isn’t going to be infectious anytime soon, but if I’m honest I prefer that we as a club tend to make decisions since Chase that are made before the fans become toxic, because the environment of the stadium being aggressive and angry is worse than it being apathetic in my view. I also think apathy will eventually lead to the same conclusion when the club is led by people that do have a connection, because they do care about the club and fan connection enough. 
I know that Nutty would see a new manager and a new era as a chance for more optimism, but it doesn’t mean he has to bypass the remaining positive mental attitude he has left in the tank. 

That’s my view anyway and I am very much a Buh sympathiser 😂

P.s. would be disappointed not to now receive some minor insult from Buh in response to this post. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

My impression of Nutty is that he loves the club and is as passionate a spectator as you can find. Is also involved in lots that’s great about the clubs values. To not be vociferously against an organisational decision that he has no control over doesn’t make him an ambassador for low standards whatsoever. He just rolls with the punches and takes the joy from even the next to joyless. I’d love to have such optimism and this comes with having a long term overview of the ebb and flow of fortunes. 
I want Smith out, I initially gave him a benefit but have turned to the Buh side on this regard. I know enough that my shouting of Smith out which I have been offering for a few weeks in the stands isn’t going to be infectious anytime soon, but if I’m honest I prefer that we as a club tend to make decisions since Chase that are made before the fans become toxic, because the environment of the stadium being aggressive and angry is worse than it being apathetic in my view. I also think apathy will eventually lead to the same conclusion when the club is led by people that do have a connection, because they do care about the club and fan connection enough. 
I know that Nutty would see a new manager and a new era as a chance for more optimism, but it doesn’t mean he has to bypass the remaining positive mental attitude he has left in the tank. 

That’s my view anyway and I am very much a Buh sympathiser 😂

P.s. would be disappointed not to now receive some minor insult from Buh in response to this post. 

To paraphrase Conor McGregor “Dey call me Mystic Buh, I predikt deez tings’ “

• Haha 1

I remain adamant that a unique mid season opportunity presented itself to get rid of him and get the new man in with time to get up and running. As per usual the club failed to make that necessary decision and this will now drag on with Smith picking up enough points to keep us around the play offs but never really being in contention. I’ve seen nothing to suggest in his tIme here that we will come back a “different animal”