Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Swansea Presser

5 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

Apparently Gunn, Hayden, Giannoulis, Gibbs & Sinani were not visible on any of the Tampa videos put out by the club.

They may have been there and just not in the videos. Or they may have stayed in the UK (or gone elsewhere) for any other number of reasons.

As Smith was quoted as saying the following:

"He was one of the players who were not allowed into America due to medical rules"

I take that as meaning all who were absent were absent for a medical reason against US immigration rules. The only medical rules that could affect a fit and healthy sportsman has to be Covid vaccination surely? Or Smith was lying. 

🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

"He was one of the players who were not allowed into America due to medical rules"

I take that as meaning all who were absent were absent for a medical reason against US immigration rules. The only medical rules that could affect a fit and healthy sportsman has to be Covid vaccination surely? Or Smith was lying. 

🤷‍♂️

"one of" could refer to just two.  

My post was just putting forward the names of players who *possibly* were not in Tampa. I make no comment on their reasons or if other personal situations came into play  (c.f Sterling) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I'm not saying that. It is purely the choice of the individual.

I have had a vaccine or booster as soon as they were available. I haven't suffered. I can get on with my life without additional hurdles being put in my way, which might stop me from being the best I can be. That's all I'm saying.

🤷‍♂️

In my job I have spoke to many people about having not just this vaccine but other vaccines as well. I try to help with their fears and there are lots and lots of different reasons why people won’t take a vaccine. A common objection from professional athletes ( not just footballers ) is that if it makes them ill even for 2 days, that could be their place in the team gone, that may not seem logical to you but it is a real fear for them. 
I have been threatened regularly ( rarely now ) by anti vaxers and most days would be called a f****** murderer, like it or not, they are entitled to their opinion as much as yours and I am afraid forcing people to take a vaccine as shown in history has a very negative effect. If you have taken the vaccine it protects ‘ you very well ‘ from serious illness, not having the vaccine takes away a big part of that protection to yourself, but not to others.

13 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

🤷‍♂️

And had he have mentioned they were unvaccinated him and the club would have faced huge fines for breaking data protection rules.

I just think it’s a missed opportunity to participate in the Squad bonding/ warm weather training. Somehow an opportunity for whole force ( bar Josh) training has been missed, probably due to some contractual deal with Tampa. Hope we don’t suffer tomorrow with those not involved off the pace .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Well b back said:

In my job I have spoke to many people about having not just this vaccine but other vaccines as well. I try to help with their fears and there are lots and lots of different reasons why people won’t take a vaccine. A common objection from professional athletes ( not just footballers ) is that if it makes them ill even for 2 days, that could be their place in the team gone, that may not seem logical to you but it is a real fear for them. 
I have been threatened regularly ( rarely now ) by anti vaxers and most days would be called a f****** murderer, like it or not, they are entitled to their opinion as much as yours and I am afraid forcing people to take a vaccine as shown in history has a very negative effect. If you have taken the vaccine it protects ‘ you very well ‘ from serious illness, not having the vaccine takes away a big part of that protection to yourself, but not to others.

I'm not forcing anyone. I am just explaining my perfectly rational view. 

I'll say it again. I have had every jab offered as soon as I could. I am able to enjoy life and be the best that I can be without a significant hurdle in front of me. 

🤷‍♂️

27 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

I'm not forcing anyone. I am just explaining my perfectly rational view. 

I'll say it again. I have had every jab offered as soon as I could. I am able to enjoy life and be the best that I can be without a significant hurdle in front of me. 

🤷‍♂️

Worth a read

https://www.theepochtimes.com/health/peeking-inside-the-covid-vaccine_4881567.html?src_src=healthnoe&src_cmp=health-2022-12-01&est=OJwLAYTbCmkmHfcX1fvpp2hN%2BsncTRDbY8eIOR66rsNhLssmzOHrpwUSTbWJjVmg5uM1hrnc

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

Should we cancel the contracts of all unvaccinated players in the club ?

Would seem the logical conclusion of a witch hunt.

10 hours ago, Ray said:

Hi littleyellowbirdie,

Firstly, we do not know why certain players have not had the 'vaccine' (if indeed they have not), it could be for a number of reasons, including medical, that said I agree re location, apart from the obvious link with Tampa, surely the club could have travelled elsewhere, somewhere an 'unvaccinated' player could travel to, although they may have needed to take a test before travelling, currently Spain and Portugal do not require a 'vaccine' or test. So, are we to assume (dangerous I know) that commercial interests are put before team interests??

Secondly, there is no law requiring anyone to have any 'vaccine' so I am not quite sure how any contract can enforce such a stipulation legally and does it make a difference how much someone earns when it comes to their rights??

Cheers

Oh my! As if that could ever happen in football...

Nice to see you Ray👍

7 hours ago, cornish sam said:

The epoch times?!? Seriously? The mask has well and truly slipped now Ray...

You have certainly made massive assumptions here cornish sam. Perhaps, rather than assume and make personal remarks, it may be more productive to make considered comment on the information provided, or not.

My mum took the Moderna vaccine in June and immediately that very day started to feel ill. Her immune system collapsed completely, antibiotics completely ineffective and I watched her die in hospital in the early hours of Sunday morning.

I respect the right of anyone to choose to refuse vaccines.

1 hour ago, Ray said:

You have certainly made massive assumptions here cornish sam. Perhaps, rather than assume and make personal remarks, it may be more productive to make considered comment on the information provided, or not.

Ok then, my considered comment is that any information provided by the epoch times is provided with little regard to the truth and major regard to their agenda, which is most definitely very right wing and conspiracy heavy. They push q-anon, vaccine misinformation (as you have cited here) far right propaganda and was set up  essentially as a mouth piece for the cultish religious group the Falon Gong. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

My mum took the Moderna vaccine in June and immediately that very day started to feel ill. Her immune system collapsed completely, antibiotics completely ineffective and I watched her die in hospital in the early hours of Sunday morning.

I am truly sorry to hear that canary jedi, all medicines carry a risk, the risk associated with the COVID vaccines were about the same as those attached to taking a long haul flight.

Everyone obviously has a right to choose, but not to spread misinformation and conspiracy theories (which you blatantly are not).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cornish sam said:

Ok then, my considered comment is that any information provided by the epoch times is provided with little regard to the truth and major regard to their agenda, which is most definitely very right wing and conspiracy heavy. They push q-anon, vaccine misinformation (as you have cited here) far right propaganda and was set up  essentially as a mouth piece for the cultish religious group the Falon Gong. 

Thank you cornish sam, although I was aware of that.  I take in information from many sources, I find it helps to formulate my overall views.  All that said, I was hoping you may have some insight into what was actually reported, no matter if you do not as perhaps you have not read the article??.

Cheers

33 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Deepest sympathies Canary Jedi

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

I am truly sorry to hear that canary jedi, all medicines carry a risk, the risk associated with the COVID vaccines were about the same as those attached to taking a long haul flight.

Everyone obviously has a right to choose, but not to spread misinformation and conspiracy theories (which you blatantly are not).

Thanks a lot.

Yes there is a huge amount of disinformation. There are also some medically very well educated people whose voices are not heard. We have to be careful because unfortunately our media eg sky and bbc are extremely biased in the other direction and create a lot of pressure on young kids to get the vaccine when they are the least at risk. 

On 10/12/2022 at 09:38, Ray said:

Thank you cornish sam, although I was aware of that.  I take in information from many sources, I find it helps to formulate my overall views.  All that said, I was hoping you may have some insight into what was actually reported, no matter if you do not as perhaps you have not read the article??.

Cheers

I didn't respond to this because if someone is willing to acknowledge that they know their source spreads misinformation and conspiracy theories yet still expects a rebuttal then it's difficult to have a coherent discussion (bit just to show how biased the report is, look at the reporters history, look at the people involved in the report (the few that are actually named) and look at the forum this paper was presented at, after that look at some of the arguements they are throwing out that have been refuted elsewhere and all in it is as biased as it comes and very hard to take even remotely seriously).

But, of you want to see how effective vaccines are, or rather, what happens when they are not used look at china now. The R rate is doubling in a matter of hours, there are millions dying and we can expect double digit percentages of the world population infected in China alone and as such we will see multiple new variants emerge, hopefully none of them worse than what we have already had or able to significantly undermine the vaccines that have been rolled out.

If you want a more detailed analysis, read this thread:

Everyone has a right to choose, however ,hoose based on the facts and reality, not misinformation and conspiracy guff