Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Giving up on this place and 'bad request' issues

My "Bad Request" issue lies with my new Chrapbook laptop.Ā  Not only does it gives the notice when logging on to the Pink Un, it stops me accessing my Virgin media Inbox and reading my e mails.Ā  I am posting this on my aged HP Notebook.Ā  However I would like to hear from anyone who has similar issues with Chromebook.Ā  Maybe only my problem.Ā 

It's only a half hour server configuration job for a novice to sort, that's the most infuriating thing.

I can go a month without a problem and then a month constantly not being able to get on withĀ an iPad and a laptop. It drives me mad. I have never had a problem withĀ my mobile.Ā 

If any of the tech team are reading but for some reason don't knowĀ where to start, the header is too large likely an individual auth cookie without looking but for a nasty fix try httpd.conf or apache conf file and look forĀ LimitRequestFieldSize

Edited by hogesar

36 minutes ago, hogesar said:

If any of the tech team are reading but for some reason don't knowĀ where to start, the header is too large likely an individual auth cookie without looking but for a nasty fix try httpd.conf or apache conf file and look forĀ LimitRequestFieldSize

Is that you coming out as a novice?

• Haha 1

Email any of the sports team. They'll be able to pass it onto what's left of the service desk for what is a simple fix.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've had similar problems. It only works on 1/2 laptops and not at all on my phone (unless I open up an incognito tab).

It's a pain in the **** and has definitely reduced my usage over the last few weeks.

7 hours ago, kirku said:

Yeah, I've had similar problems. It only works on 1/2 laptops and not at all on my phone (unless I open up an incognito tab).

It's a pain in the **** and has definitely reduced my usage over the last few weeks.

As I am sure youĀ know by using the incognito tab you are not downloading cookies which is consistent with @hogesarĀ comments. Not sure whether there is a way around this - maybe something in browser settings to set the site up as a trusted Ā one might help because a lot of recent versions of Browsers have become very security concious (but then I dont use ChromebookĀ  so may be different here)

I feel your frustrationĀ 

I had an issue last month where I was unable to get any help/find a responsive mods and can't be bothered trying again. I'd attatched a pdf to my competition thread, but you were not able to download it and trying to click on it threw up an error page. I noticed this with images you'd upload as well.

Not had any bad service requests. I access through bookmarks, history on 2 devices.

• Like 1

Alternative choices are.Ā 

Not 606 (similar to this site but less exciting)

Vital Norwich (has the Kenny McLean appreciation societyĀ posting daily)Ā 

Norwich Talk ( what can you say,Ā If just two posters defected from the PinkUn business there would treble)Ā 

Thereā€™s not really an outstanding site including this one for a club of this size.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

How is this possible?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Alternative choices are.Ā 

Vital Norwich (has the Kenny McLean appreciation societyĀ posting daily)Ā 

Norwich Talk ( what can you say,Ā If just two posters defected from the PinkUn business there would treble)Ā 

Thereā€™s not really an outstanding site including this one for a club of this size.Ā 

Don't forget Wrath of the Barclay!Ā 

Just got on here after days of "bad request" message,Ā using chrome, thanks Leeds for the suggestion. Previously used Firefox which has always worked, but now doesn't, whatever way you try to get it to work.Ā  Surely it's not that hard to sort?Ā 

17 hours ago, PeteRaven said:

Email any of the sports team. They'll be able to pass it onto what's left of the service desk for what is a simple fix.

Ive passed on the problems twice in Nov, not sure the Sports journos have your enthusiasm for the messageboard šŸ¤£

3 minutes ago, Diane said:

Ive passed on the problems twice in Nov, not sure the Sports journos have your enthusiasm for the messageboard šŸ¤£

They bleddy well should have, doesn't this board provide most of their "scoops" ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

They bleddy well should have, doesn't this board provide most of their "scoops" ?

100%Ā  sure that neither Paddy or Connor bother to read this messageboard.

Had to clear my cookies again to post this despite posting 5 mins ago šŸ˜ Ā 

Frustrating but considering how easy a permanent fix is, it's somewhat clear whoever is in charge has zero care factor about this forum. May be worth starting to look elsewhere...

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BurwellCanary said:

As I am sure youĀ know by using the incognito tab you are not downloading cookies which is consistent with @hogesarĀ comments. Not sure whether there is a way around this - maybe something in browser settings to set the site up as a trusted Ā one might help because a lot of recent versions of Browsers have become very security concious (but then I dont use ChromebookĀ  so may be different here)

I feel your frustrationĀ 

When I try and access this site from Carrow Road WiFi it won't let me. Always comes up as an unsecure connection.

This was before any spat...

Like most things that have been abandoned, I doubt Newsquest will careĀ 

How easy is it to start a new Messageboard ? Is there any costs involved ? Ā Could this come under the new Supporters Forum ?

I use Chrome forĀ nearlyĀ everything - but on my home PC have to use edge - only for thisĀ site.

Frankly the coders need sacking - it's their job to test the site on different but common browsers and this has persisted now for few months.

I don't get any issues, but I rarely read the pinkun main site - so it has to be related.

I'm also running uBlock Origin in Chrome - maybe that is stopping a lot of the crap that the main page wants to throw at your browser?Ā 

40 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

How easy is it to start a new Messageboard ? Is there any costs involved ? Ā Could this come under the new Supporters Forum ?

Hosting costs/domain costs, it doesn't have to be expensive really but you'd have to pay for someone to look after it I guess it the biggest expense. The official site did used to have a forums, many years ago

Ā 

5 minutes ago, AJ said:

Hosting costs/domain costs, it doesn't have to be expensive really but you'd have to pay for someone to look after it I guess it the biggest expense. The official site did used to have a forums, many years ago

What about asking a local web design company to sponsor it? Could it be done in assocation with the supporters trust?

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

8 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Ā 

What about asking a local web design company to sponsor it? Could it be done in assocation with the supporters trust?

I would probably do it. But you'd think with the user-base on here it just makes sense for them to perform a really straight-forward fix.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I would probably do it. But you'd think with the user-base on here it just makes sense for them to perform a really straight-forward fix.

You would think so, but this is what? Over a month now?