Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

The Ronaldo saga part infinity- Ronaldo to Saudi?

According to todays reports its both confirmed and unconfirmed that he's signed with a Saudi club to sit on the bench and complain and earn around 200 million a year doing so for the next three years.

Still better than retiring to the MLS right? Or do we think he's gonna cry and complain and want to leave when the season ends as is roanldo tradition?

Probably written into his contract that he should be dusted in gold and lowered on to the pitch before every match.

Really disappointed if he doesn't go back to Portugal, must admit.

If he goes there it will be confirmation that all he cares about at this point is having his ego massaged. Any club in Saudi would likely give him free reign to do what he liked (provided he didn't wear a rainbow) and his teammates would likely all kowtow to his every wish.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, king canary said:

If he goes there it will be confirmation that all he cares about at this point is having his ego massaged. Any club in Saudi would likely give him free reign to do what he liked (provided he didn't wear a rainbow) and his teammates would likely all kowtow to his every wish.

And money. 

23 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Still better than retiring to the MLS right? Or do we think he's gonna cry and complain and want to leave when the season ends as is roanldo tradition?

Widely reported he’ll have issues going back to the US due to his historic legal issues, I.e. the alleged rape that the Die Spiegal articles seem to show he admitted to.

So no MLS for Ron

I'd like to think that if I were in a similar position to him I'd be looking to give something back to the game. Perhaps play for nothing in a league or team that kickstarted your career. It's just a shame people like him have to take every last cent out of the game they can. 

• Like 1

Love the fact that the young fella who replaced him scored a Hattrick. The look on Ronny's face as he came on as Sub, he could hardly bear to acknowledge the lads achievement. 

Was it Nigel de Jong who said Ronaldo should go out with Class, like Zidane!!😂😂😂