Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Pelé moved to palliative care

Seems to be nearing the end. Probably the most famous sportsman of all time. JK paid a owing tribute to him. On the subject of the said German, what a wonderful guy he is. Well spoken, unfailingly polite and truly humble. On  top of that he seems to look younger as the years go by. Whatever treatment he is on must be worth millions!

We can argue who is the best footballer ever but, for certain, Pele will be in every football fans top two.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

We can argue who is the best footballer ever but, for certain, Pele will be in every football fans top two.

It's what you do off the pitch as well, which makes Pele the best ever in my view.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Pele was a dynamic all round player. I haven’t seen anyone as good, the closest would be Maradona and Best. 

50 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It's what you do off the pitch as well, which makes Pele the best ever in my view.

Compare and contrast the greats of the past to todays arrogant, ego driven Ronaldos who cry and moan to TV pundits about how evil and cruel their club is to them while they sit on the bench and get paid 200,000 quid a week

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Compare and contrast the greats of the past to todays arrogant, ego driven Ronaldos who cry and moan to TV pundits about how evil and cruel their club is to them while they sit on the bench and get paid 200,000 quid a week

He tried to stay on his feet rather than look to dive off them at every opportunity.

How many real stars are left?

• Like 1

Such sad news, the greatest ever is a tag that will be forever debated but Pele will always be in the discussion. Wish I'd have been able to see him play, but he's career was slightly before my time. 

One of those very few, along with the likes of Bradman and Fangio, whose passing will be felt by people worldwide who have no interest in the particular sport, or in sport at all.

• Like 1