Sign in to follow this  
Sooty57

I know I shouldn't have enjoyed that result so much...

One of my favourite football pi**heads on tour memories is of watching a Newcastle-Liverpool match in a bar in Torremolinos (I think – they all kind of merge into one place after day three). We fielded a drinking team of about 20, mostly Geordies but with only a couple of them wearing their colours, the rest of us being a mix of Norwich, Sunderland, Wolves and Swindon supporters. A plastic Scouser came in with his Barbie girlfriend to watch a demolition job and early in the game he leapt up to shout foul as Bitey Man hurled himself to the ground for zero reason, but he was a bit slow as the rest of the bar, including Malaga supporters, Germans and Welsh had already burst out laughing at the silly little cheat. Barbie ran out of the bar to keep up with her daftie boyfriend.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, crispeduk said:

One of my favourite football pi**heads on tour memories is of watching a Newcastle-Liverpool match in a bar in Torremolinos (I think – they all kind of merge into one place after day three). We fielded a drinking team of about 20, mostly Geordies but with only a couple of them wearing their colours, the rest of us being a mix of Norwich, Sunderland, Wolves and Swindon supporters. A plastic Scouser came in with his Barbie girlfriend to watch a demolition job and early in the game he leapt up to shout foul as Bitey Man hurled himself to the ground for zero reason, but he was a bit slow as the rest of the bar, including Malaga supporters, Germans and Welsh had already burst out laughing at the silly little cheat. Barbie ran out of the bar to keep up with her daftie boyfriend.

Would probably hurt a Scouser that a Welshman started giving it. Suarez did have a point that he wasn't at fault for Ghana not going through as he didn't miss the penalty though. I'm pretty sure most of us would have handled the ball on the line in that predicament.

Ghana lost that one as Gyan bottled the penalty. End of story.

Edited by TheGunnShow