Sign in to follow this  
stratton canary

Roberto

If Roberto Martinez gets the push from the Belgium job would any of you guys take him to replace Smith,  just a thought as he plays decent football ( apart from this World Cup lol ) 

A man that has achieved little with that team? Not sure I would want him to honest.

No thanks, rather Robins who is making a tight budget look easy again. I’d be happy to see the change before January transfer window.

• Like 3

You’re joking obviously come to Norwich no way

We get wantabees or hasbeens

1 hour ago, Herman said:

A man that has achieved little with that team? Not sure I would want him to honest.

Remains to be seen whether Smith can get our very good squad playing either.

Martinez is a good coach and I think he will be well sought after. The USA could do worse as they start to plan for 2026.

Ronaldo's looking for a club would any of you guys take him to replace Pukki,  just a thought as he plays decent football ( apart from this season lol ) 

6 hours ago, kirku said:

Ronaldo's looking for a club would any of you guys take him to replace Pukki,  just a thought as he plays decent football ( apart from this season lol ) 

Very funny 🙄

I'm not sure that he would get a job at a top team. Imo  failure as an international manager and no experience with a club side.  Would take a leap of faith for even a high level champs team to give him a job

4 minutes ago, mastoola said:

I'm not sure that he would get a job at a top team. Imo  failure as an international manager and no experience with a club side.  Would take a leap of faith for even a high level champs team to give him a job

In this country? Possibly, elsewhere - no. Plenty of teams in Netherlands, France, Italy, Germany and Spain that would give him a chance I would think. If you are talking Man City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG and Juventus, then possibly not... but I'd be surprised if he isn't on the radar of top leagues.

As for being a failure... I'm not convinced he is.

1 hour ago, chicken said:

In this country? Possibly, elsewhere - no. Plenty of teams in Netherlands, France, Italy, Germany and Spain that would give him a chance I would think. If you are talking Man City, Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG and Juventus, then possibly not... but I'd be surprised if he isn't on the radar of top leagues.

As for being a failure... I'm not convinced he is.

Failure maybe the wrong word, but with the group of players he has had he has maybe under achieved. those teams in the europeann leagues you mention certainly won't be the teams at the top. I feel he needs to prove himself with a team before he gets a major job in world football, he has the same CV as Southgate without the qudos 

14 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Failure maybe the wrong word, but with the group of players he has had he has maybe under achieved. those teams in the europeann leagues you mention certainly won't be the teams at the top. I feel he needs to prove himself with a team before he gets a major job in world football, he has the same CV as Southgate without the qudos 

I mean you say that, but outside of the clubs I named, with the addition of maybe Atletico and a few others...
image.png.e7fa5ba1bf52534e4767a1b73f12ace6.png
I could see the likes of Benfica, Ajax, Villarreal, Salzburg, Sporting and Lille all being tempted to take him on in the future. The top teams, no, but then outside of those top teams, how often do you see others get through to the quarters? 

Totally agree with you. However in the long term how is that more of a punt than taking on an english team from the championship. His wages would probably be higher. Athletico No chance. I'm saying for his career he needs to prove himself and with the teams you have mentioned wouldn't be a proof. Maybe he will enter the manager merrigo round but wouldnt enter the elite. However i so see what you are saying.

12 hours ago, stratton canary said:

Very funny 🙄

Both have an equal chance of happening - zero

12 hours ago, mastoola said:

He won the FA Cup with Wigan and finished 5th in the Prem with Everton.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, chicken said:

I mean you say that, but outside of the clubs I named, with the addition of maybe Atletico and a few others...
image.png.e7fa5ba1bf52534e4767a1b73f12ace6.png
I could see the likes of Benfica, Ajax, Villarreal, Salzburg, Sporting and Lille all being tempted to take him on in the future. The top teams, no, but then outside of those top teams, how often do you see others get through to the quarters? 

Could definitely see a gatekeeper team in Spain taking him. So not the out-and-out top dogs like Barcelona, Real Madrid or Athletico Madrid, but a Seville or Villareal, sure.