Sign in to follow this  
horsefly

Pakistan v England

A pitch so flat even Crawley is making 80 something ball centuries.

Unless it crumbles over the next day or two this has the makings of one of the most boring tests in recent memories.

I can never remember four centuries in one days play, assuming Brook gets there. And it looks like he will have to stand on his stumps to do that.

6 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Root letting the side down again, I see.

ep! He's just lost us the Ashes.

54 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

NZ coach. NZ skipper. 

Braverman will put them on a plane to Rwanda when they get back to the UK.

13 hours ago, king canary said:

A pitch so flat even Crawley is making 80 something ball centuries.

Unless it crumbles over the next day or two this has the makings of one of the most boring tests in recent memories.

Pointless pitch. Did I hear there hadn’t been a test match wicket at this ground in 110 overs of play before our fist fell today? 

May as well try and see if we can beat Sri Lanka’s 952 and when we can’t, shake hands, call it a draw and have a few extra day’s rest.

• Like 1

This is a job for the "Free George Davis" gang. If there are any of them still alive, I'll pay their airfare.

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

This is a job for the "Free George Davis" gang. If there are any of them still alive, I'll pay their airfare.

Instead  of abandoning the match, I'd let it continue after they had poured oil on it and dug holes in it

• Haha 1

Surely even England can’t collapse in the second innings to end up with a result in this one. Pakistan 100 ahead at lunch on day 4 and England all out for 60 by close of play?

Not a bad pitch if you want to go and watch two t20 sides smash humongous sixes all night long. Pointless for test cricket though.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Brave declaration 

Pakistan set 340 odd to win in 4 sessions 

England have 1 wicket already 

Indeed! Unthinkable before the current leadership. I'm sure the journos have two stories already written up for tomorrow: one titled, "Heroic declaration secures unlikely England win", the other, "Crazy declaration secures inevitable defeat".

Edited by horsefly

Great declaration. Draws are meaningless. If we can't bowl them out on the last day its our own fault. We know we have done brilliantly away from home even if we lose.

Fair play! Got to risk losing to win. Didn’t have a problem with the declaration (easier to say that now admittedly!) but touch and go! Poor from Pakistan really but you need a bit of that if you’re going to win on a pitch like that. Not just the declaration but also interesting decision not to go and get the new ball straight away - bit of swing later on with the older ball.

• Like 1

A result that would simply have been impossible prior to the current regime of Stokes and McCullum. The England stats are absolutely astonishing. They won with about 8 minutes to spare, so had they not scored their runs at a remarkable record-breaking rate the chance of getting a victory on such a benign pitch would have been beyond miniscule. I don't think it hyperbole to suggest that this performance has shattered just about every conventional principle upon which over a century of test cricket has been founded. 

Edited by horsefly
  • Like 1