Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

Sargent Off Injured

Right ankle. He was sitting up and not in agony, but his face showed it had been painful. Unsure how he got off the pitch.

1 hour ago, KiwiScot said:

Right ankle. He was sitting up and not in agony, but his face showed it had been painful. Unsure how he got off the pitch.

Thats how to put spin on the ball.

The positive is the club have trained well this weak (according to Smith) without Sargent. If we have to go a few games without him so be it. Always the risk that club and country would go separate ways during this World Cup. Josh loves playing for USA.

Sargent did Sargent things, as limited as he is he keeps a high workrate and doesn't "hide" in games.

Edited by mrD66M

If USA beat the Netherlands, which they might, Josh won't be available for the Swansea game as the QFs are the Friday before that game. If they lose on Saturday, if fit, he should be in contention for Swansea I would have thought.

Sarge is having a scan on his ankle

https://theathletic.com/3951960/2022/11/30/josh-sargent-injury/?redirected=1

Sargent will head for a scan on his right ankle on Wednesday. It is the opposite ankle to the one he injured at Norwich towards the end of last season.

“I’m really not sure (how bad it is),” Sargent told The Athletic. “I think we’ll have to see how it kind of progresses overnight, but we obviously have a very good medical team.

“So yeah, we’re gonna do everything we can. Hopefully this one is not too bad.”

57 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Yes, we can confirm that the poster known as Kenny Foggo is an idiot.

From you that is a massive compliment...plum!

I hope its not serious but if its ACL injury we'd need cover and that why our sporting director should be 100% focused on his job.

20 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

I hope its not serious but if its ACL injury we'd need cover and that why our sporting director should be 100% focused on his job.

How could you sporting director forsee an injury you’ve made up to suit your agenda?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

How could you sporting director forsee an injury you’ve made up to suit your agenda?

Sounds like the sort of thing an idiot would make up.

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Sounds like the sort of thing an idiot would make up.

Christ you are dull.

Edited by Kenny Foggo

1 hour ago, The Bristol Nest said:

I felt the BBC coverage was really poor after the match, there were deliberate cuts of Iranian players sat isolated on the pitch mixed in with US celebrating... Every time a US player came over to a white shirt the camera cut away, as there was cuts after embraces to make it look like players were walking away from others.

I was watching on multi-screen so had audio from England post match, and watching only the video it was a bit surreal.

I'm not sure why they would want to edit in such a way, there was so much compassion being shown between players in front of many video cameras, someone made this ****ty decision.... Maybe it's not even BBC feed?!

In fact, just brought up on iPlayer to remind myself, 2:17:50 onwards.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001fr83/fifa-world-cup-2022-iran-v-usa

2:18:50 - Sarge was about to go up to an Iranian - Cut

2:19:04 - Robinson embracing Iranian - Cut to only show him walking away

2:19:25 - Immediately Cut when US player comes in to embrace

• Like 2

I think the footage is beyond the control of the BBC. It wouldn't surprise me if it was deliberately done like that by whatever production company is in charge at the direction of FIFA and the Qatar government. Maybe they have a narrative they're trying to promote?

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

I felt the BBC coverage was really poor after the match, there were deliberate cuts of Iranian players sat isolated on the pitch mixed in with US celebrating... Every time a US player came over to a white shirt the camera cut away, as there was cuts after embraces to make it look like players were walking away from others.

I was watching on multi-screen so had audio from England post match, and watching only the video it was a bit surreal.

I'm not sure why they would want to edit in such a way, there was so much compassion being shown between players in front of many video cameras, someone made this ****ty decision.... Maybe it's not even BBC feed?!

In fact, just brought up on iPlayer to remind myself, 2:17:50 onwards.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001fr83/fifa-world-cup-2022-iran-v-usa

2:18:50 - Sarge was about to go up to an Iranian - Cut

2:19:04 - Robinson embracing Iranian - Cut to only show him walking away

2:19:25 - Immediately Cut when US player comes in to embrace

Well I've watched those bits twice to see where you are coming from, but I couldn't see anything other than a few clips of players either seen celebrating or being disappointed, with a smattering of shaking of hands between opposition players and one clear  embrace between opposing players. Can't see where you are getting this slant on things from.

20 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I think the footage is beyond the control of the BBC. It wouldn't surprise me if it was deliberately done like that by whatever production company is in charge at the direction of FIFA and the Qatar government. Maybe they have a narrative they're trying to promote?

Don’t forget that the authorities are not in favour of men embracing each other so probably deliberate 

29 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Can't see where you are getting this slant on things from.

It's not a slant it's from objective viewing.  I'm a fan of the BBC in general.  It's been deliberated cut in the way it was cut for whatever reason.

There's footage everywhere of US and Iranian players embracing and none of it was selected to go out live, all of this was in front of the TV cameras, and bare in mind the tensions between the two nations via media before kickoff:

image.png.46e7e2af24e8e30bcf64cabac270b11f.png

Antonee Robinson consoles Abolfazl Jalali at the end of USA’s victory over Iran at the World Cup

You can't tell me all that was accidentally missed?  That embrace from Robinson in the video is such a positive light for the sport to rise above the hate, yet it seems everyone is wanting to aim negative politics during this World Cup and it sucks. 

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Oh come on, they can't show everything. 

Not asking for "everything", these are key post game moments in the middle of the pitch.  Made more relevant due to the negative coverage in the build-up between both countries.

Furthermore, objectively "yes", they can show such footage as there's more cameras than outfield players which the director monitors, and non of these were split second moments.

Why or who makes these decisions I don't know, but there was a bias... I just hope it was purely to "tell a story" of one team celebrating and the other in misery.  Unfortunately it could've spread a far more salient message of positivity involving individuals from contrasting nations.

If it was a homophobic thing (Which I can't believe), I'd be in utter shock.  It's concerning that this could even be a possibility, really.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Google Bot said:

It's not a slant it's from objective viewing.  I'm a fan of the BBC in general.  It's been deliberated cut in the way it was cut for whatever reason.

There's footage everywhere of US and Iranian players embracing and none of it was selected to go out live, all of this was in front of the TV cameras, and bare in mind the tensions between the two nations via media before kickoff:

image.png.46e7e2af24e8e30bcf64cabac270b11f.png

Antonee Robinson consoles Abolfazl Jalali at the end of USA’s victory over Iran at the World Cup

You can't tell me all that was accidentally missed?  That embrace from Robinson in the video is such a positive light for the sport to rise above the hate, yet it seems everyone is wanting to aim negative politics during this World Cup and it sucks. 

The only thing I could even suggest, because I agree with you, is fear of repercussions on the Iranian footballers. I say that because the captain has already been outspoken about the issues going on in Iran and that will not go down well. Add to that what they might consider as "fraternising" with people of a nation they are currently not on good terms with, to put it mildly.

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, chicken said:

The only thing I could even suggest, because I agree with you, is fear of repercussions on the Iranian footballers. I say that because the captain has already been outspoken about the issues going on in Iran and that will not go down well. Add to that what they might consider as "fraternising" with people of a nation they are currently not on good terms with, to put it mildly.

I know I could search for the answer,  but how are relations between Qatar and Iran? Does it suit them to ignore any friendly gestures between the US and Iran? Or has internet paranoia finally caught up with me?

Edited by Nuff Said

Good news, sorry don't know how to load tweets on here but heres copy

Ives Galarcep

· 4h The #USMNT2022_FIFA_WorldCup_USA.png injury update: Christian Pulisic is still "day-to-day" w/the pelvic contusion suffered vs. Iran (but he's speaking to media today, a good sign).

Josh Sargent is day-to-day w/right ankle soreness. Considering how his leg bent on the play, that's good news.