Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

If Luton Away Is Your Match Pick.........

38 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s an odd reason to b/f the date. I’d have thought it’s more linked to the utter shambles that the Royal Mail is at the moment.

The away allocation at Luton is only around 1100 so my thought is the club wanted to ensure all those who have chosen it as their match pick which surely is the No.1 pick all season due to a combination of factors get a chance to claim a ticket before moving on to Group 1 five days later. I think the club realise that it will sellout before even getting to Group 2. It is usual that match picks and Group 1 go on sale together on the same day but with only 1100 to shift those that are gauranteed a ticket are not disappointed hence the dates now being split.

Edited by TIL 1010

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

That’s not a reason to b/f the date.

It is in my book unless you think ' the shambles that the Royal Mail is ' only relates to the posting of match pick tickets for just the one game over the christmas period. No problem with posting out tickets for the home games or Swansea away then. just the Luton priority Group ?

I guess we will just have to differ.

Picked this , will probably activate the matchday pick....however loathed to go if Dean Smith is still in charge.

Being in Luton on a boxing day evening is depressing enough without our clueless manager ruining Christmas further

Probably a get out of jail card for the Club as evening on TV may displace some of the matchpickers thereby enabling the Group 1s to go. Seems sensible to allocate extra time for managing it but highlights the foolishness of the scheme design.

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

It could be worse.......we won't have to see it in daylight.

You may get some floodlights that won't blind.

14 hours ago, essex canary said:

Probably a get out of jail card for the Club as evening on TV may displace some of the matchpickers thereby enabling the Group 1s to go. Seems sensible to allocate extra time for managing it but highlights the foolishness of the scheme design.

Surely it’s the reverse of this. It highlights why the scheme is useful. Those who chose it as their match pick are guaranteed a ticket, which was the point of the scheme in the first place!

3 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

It could be worse.......we won't have to see it in daylight.

3 hours ago, essex canary said:

You may get some floodlights that won't blind.

I meant the town but it might be handy to have some illumination as we trundle through somebody's house to get in.

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Surely it’s the reverse of this. It highlights why the scheme is useful. Those who chose it as their match pick are guaranteed a ticket, which was the point of the scheme in the first place!

Exactly. The allocation at Luton is by a country mile the lowest for visiting clubs in the Championship and i suspect our match pick numbers and Group 1 members exceed the allocation so the club have taken the sensible step just for this game to split the sale dates.

Edited by TIL 1010

2 hours ago, Commonsense said:

So daytrippers could be prioritised over regulars. Of course that is why the regulars put Luton as their matchpick. What would they do if Luton and Bournemouth were in the same league?

35 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I meant the town but it might be handy to have some illumination as we trundle through somebody's house to get in.

I've just noticed that the ground address is 1 Maple Rd. How many have a numbered address ?

It must be a f*cking big house.....

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

So daytrippers could be prioritised over regulars. Of course that is why the regulars put Luton as their matchpick. What would they do if Luton and Bournemouth were in the same league?

Firstly, they aren’t! Secondly as you say many regulars have chosen Luton because    they know it is the smallest allocation. To be honest, beyond the date, it’s not exactly a glamorous destination which ‘day trippers’ are relishing a visit to!

Got 2 match picks this morning for me and a mate and as i suspected the reasoning behind moving this forward by a few days is because if match picks and Group 1 were sold on the same day which is usual demand could exceed supply according to the member of staff i spoke to.. That could result in match pickers missing out if they left it late in the day on Monday to claim their seat and Group Oners got in before them.

Must be a lot as we wanted this as our match pick, but when we requested ( in the allotted time before the season started ) it said match pick is now sold out for this game.

On 29/11/2022 at 16:31, ......and Smith must score. said:

I've just noticed that the ground address is 1 Maple Rd. How many have a numbered address ?

It must be a f*cking big house.....

That's weird, Maple Road is the highlighted bit so it's not the closest road to the stadium and there are no buildings on the odd numbered side.

image.png.13aa96da6d78a7b0040beafeb06d2274.png  

I normally park at the Conservative club but it’s closed for this game, where do folks park for this one 

So we are group 2, couldn’t get this as a match pick beginning of season as sold out, however we got our tickets easily this morning and I see tomorrow there are still some left for group 3.

25 minutes ago, Well b back said:

So we are group 2, couldn’t get this as a match pick beginning of season as sold out, however we got our tickets easily this morning and I see tomorrow there are still some left for group 3.

Being on TV hasn’t done those further down the ticket group pecking order any harm at all.

The thought of spending Boxing Day evening in a cold ramshackle Kenilworth Rd versus being curled up at home isn’t something most people would take an age in deciding.

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Being on TV hasn’t done those further down the ticket group pecking order any harm at all.

The thought of spending Boxing Day evening in a cold ramshackle Kenilworth Rd versus being curled up at home isn’t something most people would take an age in deciding.

I suspect the thought of Dean Smith still being here has put a few off too (myself included) ..he'll have probably taken us down to 10th - 12th when this game comes around

12 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Is it Sky, BBC, Itv or BT showing it?.....

Sky are the only channel with the rights to EFL games, so it will never be on any of the others. The. FA cup is shown on BBC and ITV.

22 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Sky are the only channel with the rights to EFL games, so it will never be on any of the others. The. FA cup is shown on BBC and ITV.

Yeah I know....just making conversation and boosting my post-count....

• Haha 1