Sign in to follow this  
Graham Paddons Beard

Billy Gilmour and a tweet that aged well. Not.

4 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Someone said (was it you?) that Gilmour wasn't an EPL player. Technically, that is incorrect. 

When I said McLean Is a League One player, I was talking about his quality.

At the same age Gilmour was bossing the England midfield on the world stage, McLean was getting relegated to Scottish division 3 with Arbroath.

If you want facts, that's a good one.

I was talking about Gilmours quality too, and it was patently obvious.

Only time will tell with Billy.  I think he is a bit slow, and can’t tackle.  Although he better at both of them than I am.

I also thought Kane was pants when he was a Norwich, so clearly my judgement is not the best.

Kenny has been an amazing player for us, the fact he has not been upgraded or purchased probably shows we have had his best years.  I really hate Kenny bashing, I recognise he has failings, and it’s him in midfield we do not retain the ball well enough - over the last few years we are almost always worse without him.

i would love to see Skipp and Hayden together……..

• Like 1

On 27/11/2022 at 23:15, kirku said:

Laudrup was good but you're suggesting he'd be the most valuable player in history which is absurd. He wasn't the best player of his generation by a large distance.

Not even the best player in his family 

10 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

You're saying that like it's an embarrassment.

Both brothers were world class.

Again, in a world where Jadon Sancho Is worth £72m. What could peak Cruyff and Maradona be worth in todays market?

I think he was actually paraphrasing a famous sledge:

"Aussie star Mark Waugh asked Englishman James Ormond, “What are you doing out here? There's no way you're good enough to play for England.” To that, he replied - “Maybe not, but at least I'm the best player in my own family” (of course, in reference to Mark's brother, former Australian captain Steve Waugh)."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnight said:

lol

Ah. Gotcha. Thanks for the education. 🙂

On the subject of replies to Aussie sledging, my favourite is the Zimbabwean Eddo Brandes, when the Aussie Glenn McGrath said to him "Why are you so fat" he replied "Because every time I shag your wife she gives me a chocolate biscuit"........

• Haha 4

You've got to admit, it takes a very special kind of analysis to see the England midfield of Rice, Henderson, and Bellingham and think to yourself, "You know who would walk into this team? Billy Gilmour."

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, kirku said:

You've got to admit, it takes a very special kind of analysis to see the England midfield of Rice, Henderson, and Bellingham and think to yourself, "You know who would walk into this team? Billy Gilmour."

With Mount on the bench, who does everything Gilmour does better, with additional attributes BG doesn't have.

35 minutes ago, hogesar said:

With Mount on the bench, who does everything Gilmour does better, with additional attributes BG doesn't have.

Don't be ridiculous. England are only three injuries away from starting Shaun Longstaff..

7 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

On the subject of replies to Aussie sledging, my favourite is the Zimbabwean Eddo Brandes, when the Aussie Glenn McGrath said to him "Why are you so fat" he replied "Because every time I shag your wife she gives me a chocolate biscuit"........

I’d like to think the days of sledging were banished to the same place getting pissed up as a form of training has been. In the dark ages where it belongs!