Sign in to follow this  
By Hook or Ian crook

Tzolis in Tampa

He’s been tearing up trees in Holland….

Nah. It’s obviously just a thing that keeps him feeling part of the club. He will be worth even less when we come to sell if he is refusing to play because we didn’t take him in holiday with us. 

Didn’t think he deserved all the criticism he got last season. He was still a teenager when we signed him and is contracted until 2026, so there’s plenty of time for him to develop. Would like to see him get a few games for us in the Championship as it might help develop him - if we manage to get promoted this season Sargent’s already starting to look like he might turn out a completely different player next season to what he was like last season

• Like 5

Makes sense to get him in when the team's having a big training block. Might help him come to speed with the other team members a bit more, and I'd expect the Tampa weather and climate to be something he's happier with and more accustomed to. Let's hope it rejuvenates him.

Sorry, but he was poor last season - was given a fair few chances but didn’t take them, seemingly lost confidence and ended up on the u23/21 and being far outshone by others.   That’s not to say he’s no good, it could well be settling-in issues etc, and who’s to say he won’t come back and do well. 

8 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Sorry, but he was poor last season - was given a fair few chances but didn’t take them, seemingly lost confidence and ended up on the u23/21 and being far outshone by others.   That’s not to say he’s no good, it could well be settling-in issues etc, and who’s to say he won’t come back and do well. 

I think by general consensus most players were poor. At the start of the season I thought he looked bright and against arsenal away I thought he was one of the better players, only to be dropped for seemingly no reason. Easy to understand why a young lad would lose confidence after such things. The pen miss against Liverpool did not help matters either. 

I hope he comes good would love him to have a bright future here. 

• Like 3

We shouldn't be so quick to write him off, yes he wasn't great last season, but he's young, was in a new country, new team mates and playing in one of the toughest leagues in the world, with let's face it below average premier League team mates. He might not ever be good enough for us, or suit the English game, but maybe he'll develop into a great player for us. I seem to remember watching a young and very poor Harry Kane turn out for us and laugh at the spurs fans who rated him, he didn't turn out too bad.

• Like 1

The question is, is he with us because we might want him back or because Twente don't want to keep him?

Personally I'd be interested in taking him back as I think he's got the potential to be a much more interesting option off the bench than someone like Sinani but he hasn't pulled up trees in the Dutch league.

Bit of a strange one, I thought he was injured tbh. He's going to adjust his game to run much harder and longer in the English leagues that's for sure. Way too slow.

Why are they looking so miserable?

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

The question is, is he with us because we might want him back or because Twente don't want to keep him?

Personally I'd be interested in taking him back as I think he's got the potential to be a much more interesting option off the bench than someone like Sinani but he hasn't pulled up trees in the Dutch league.

Another option is that he's with us to get fit before we find another loan for him where he might start as it just doesn't seem to be working at Twente- even before the injury he was a bench option mostly. 

Tzolis has a bit of Hanley about him in his build for me. Seems to look like one of those who is actually fit but still manages to look like he's carrying half-a-stone too much at the same time.

A bit too much is made of the body beautiful aesthetic. Boxing's a prime example. Joe Calzaghe was never ultra-sculpted but he never had an engine problem. Heck, Chris Arreola was always lumpy as a heavyweight and he's been involved in some wars.

It is good form from the club. People saying he was rubbish last year give the guy a break he only played about 300 minutes.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I thought he was dreadful last season but like you if it's a choice between him and Sinani then it's Tzolis every time. At least there's a possibility of him becoming something good.

35 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Tzolis has a bit of Hanley about him in his build for me. Seems to look like one of those who is actually fit but still manages to look like he's carrying half-a-stone too much at the same time.

A bit too much is made of the body beautiful aesthetic. Boxing's a prime example. Joe Calzaghe was never ultra-sculpted but he never had an engine problem. Heck, Chris Arreola was always lumpy as a heavyweight and he's been involved in some wars.

One of those ones who euphemistically gets referred to as having 'a low centre of gravity.'

1 minute ago, king canary said:

One of those ones who euphemistically gets referred to as having 'a low centre of gravity.'

You know there's a "low centre of gravity" involved when some wag starts singing Fat Bottomed Girls in response.

we were told by Webber that he wasnt signed to play straight away in the premier league last season as he wasnt ready

..that may be fair enough in Premier Lge terms, but if they dont feel they can recall him in January to make some kind of impact in this dreadful league , when we have a shortage of wingers ,then Webber has wasted more money on this player than we initially thought?!

I thought he'd gone on a season long loan deal? I quite like the idea of having him back in Jan and give him a fair chance in the Championship. None of the current wide players have nailed their position so far this season.

Really would love to see him return in Jan, but with Rowe/Springett coming back there's no chance. 

Very disappointed that we didn't feel he was worthy to bed into the team whilst being in the championship. Just not sure if that disappointment comes from witnessing a lack of belief in our signings, the quality of the player, or Smith's judgement.

I guess that's why I really would like to see him back here, to form an opinion.

12 hours ago, king canary said:

The answer is in the article. He has been injured so is stepping up his comeback from injury. As with many injuries to loan players, the parent clubs often like to assess the player before they are given the ok to continue (see Hayden). In some cases they are returned to the parent club for treatment. Either way, until we know more, probably not worth the conjecture.

• Like 1