Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Big FA Cup news

31 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh god, I can hear Buh screeching about how we will lose if we draw them already

8pm on a Friday as well, none of this mid-day nonsense.

Which posters  have actually been to a derby at their place...

Some do seem too frit to go.

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh god, I can hear Buh screeching about how we will lose if we draw them already

You keep bringing it up mate, for the record I don’t want it to happen, I just don’t trust our absolute state of a manager with it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Which posters  have actually been to a derby at their place...

3 times but not for many many years. I don't think I've seen us score, let alone win 😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

3 times but not for many many years. I don't think I've seen us score, let alone win 😂

Tell me about it Capt. 

But luckily I've seen some more recent ones including when Iwan thought he was Bergkamp, TOTL (for Christmas) at Portman road. My last visit was the best ever when we won 5-1. I retired then, passed the baton to the young ones 💛💚

• Like 1

Been a few times. Went as a youngster with friends when we were standing in the end behind their goal (north stand?) for a night game.

Great laugh and it seemed our pen was absolutely packed with what can only be described as a very 'lively bunch' of city supporters. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Been a few times. Went as a youngster with friends when we were standing in the end behind their goal (north stand?) for a night game.

Great laugh and it seemed our pen was absolutely packed with what can only be described as a very 'lively bunch' of city supporters. 

I think I remember the front of the terracing in the North Stand was below pitch height so you were in a bit of a pit.

• Like 1

My first visit was 1973 Texaco Cup final first leg. We lost 2-1. Don't remember much, I try and blank out the defeats, Peter Morris scored both their goals and a couple of seasons later he signed for us. I think Clive Payne scored ours. Texaco Cup sounds a bit Micky mouse but there were huge crowds for those two games.

💛💚

Been three times. 

Two from way back when Robson was their manager and we lost both. Think Phil Boyer scored a consolation in one.

Third one was a win when Hucks scored right in front of the away fans. Think I enjoyed that one the most. 😀

• Like 1

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

My first visit was 1973 Texaco Cup final first leg. We lost 2-1. Don't remember much, I try and blank out the defeats, Peter Morris scored both their goals and a couple of seasons later he signed for us. I think Clive Payne scored ours. Texaco Cup sounds a bit Micky mouse but there were huge crowds for those two games.

💛💚

I was there that day Nutty stuck up in the girders at the back of the Cobbold.

Have seen us win a few times too but also ‘ enjoyed ‘ consecutive 5-0 and 4-0 defeats back in the 70’s and that wonderful Ullathorne OG moment in the 90’s

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, pete said:

Kings Lynn tie om tv at 12.30 saturday

With a crowd of around 4,000 ( still a few tickets left ) , will be another great day for the club.

A realistic chance of going through to the 3rd Rd and a chance of one of the big clubs, …Liverpool at home, Manchester United away!!

Anyone who hasn’t recently been down to the Walks, will be pleasantly surprised with the improvements, especially the playing surface.

Still a throwback to football of the past, terracing, free movement and a very working class support base. Recommended 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Have seen us win a few times too but also ‘ enjoyed ‘ consecutive 5-0 and 4-0 defeats back in the 70’s and that wonderful Ullathorne OG moment in the 90’s

I too had the misfortune of being there for those. I think in the 5-0 game, a chant of "Mariner's a wànker" was sung by us for about 15 minutes or so, and as luck should have it he then scored, walked up to us and flashed us his còck.  Weird ....

Edited by shefcanary
  • Haha 2

One game there we couldn't get tickets in away end, so sat in the main stand. We actually won that won 3-2, it was extremely hard not to show any emotion, lost it as the third went in,  but thankfully turned out we were sat with the coffin dodgers who just harumphed!

3 hours ago, shefcanary said:

One game there we couldn't get tickets in away end, so sat in the main stand. We actually won that won 3-2, it was extremely hard not to show any emotion, lost it as the third went in,  but thankfully turned out we were sat with the coffin dodgers who just harumphed!

Similar with me but unfortunately for a more recent 5-0 hammering. We were in with the God’s Waiting Room lot in the Pioneer. As the goals rolled in we kept quiet until the fifth went in and old boy leaned over and said, “ You’re Norwich aren’t you ? “

No s*it Sherlock…..😡

• Haha 1

remember beating them in the FA Cup 5th round at home in 1983...1-0 Keith Bertschin

attendance , memorably was 28,001 ,which hasnt been bettered since.

sadly we bol!ocksed it up in the quarter finals at Brighton the following round, where had we had gone through a semi final vs sheff weds could well have awaited....with Man Utd in the final

not sure if we'd ever played ipswich in the FA Cup prior?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

remember beating them in the FA Cup 5th round at home in 1983...1-0 Keith Bertschin

sadly we bol!ocksed it up in the quarter finals at Brighton the following round, where had we had gone through a semi final vs sheff weds could well have awaited....with Man Utd in the final

We knocked them out of the FA Cup in 1962. We have never lost to the scum in an FA Cup tie. The only cup defeat I can remember is the Texaco Cup. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

21 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I was there that day Nutty stuck up in the girders at the back of the Cobbold.

I’ve got some programmes for the texaco cup. It was a weird competition- didn’t it include some Scottish teams too?   

Edit - found this 

The Texaco Cup, (the sponsored name of the International League Board Competition), was an association football competition involving sides from England, Scotland and Ireland that had not qualified for European competitions.

It was one of the first football competitions to receive sponsorship, taking the name of American petroleum company Texaco for £100,000, and was instituted to help promote Texaco's recent purchase of the Regent filling station chain.

Irish and Northern Irish clubs withdrew from the competition after 1971–72 due to political pressure,competing in a separate Texaco (All-Ireland) Cup in 1973–74 and 1974–75.

Crowds in the competition fell after the first few seasons, and it became the Anglo-Scottish Cup from 1975–76 after Texaco's sponsorship ended.

Format

For the first four seasons it was played as a straight knockout tournament, with sixteen clubs entered, all ties being two-legged. For the final season of the competition, 16 English clubs played in groups before being joined in the knockout stages by four Scottish sides.

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

Easter 1957 lost 3 1 aged 9

The year we had to apply for reelection.

I am as frustrated about where we are now as anybody but many of you don't know how far we have come .

On 24/11/2022 at 21:15, nutty nigel said:

💛💚

Working it out, I have been eight times to watch us play them at Portman Road. And seen them win three times I think.

Left Norfolk in 1974 so thats the last time.

I also used to go to Ipswich when they were in the first division in the late 60s to watch them hopefully get beaten by teams I never believed I would ever see at Carrow Road in a league match. Used to stop at Thwaite for a couple of pints on the way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

There's great highlights of this one on YouTube...

I was in the main stand that day. Always liked Bertschin. Loved that he celebrated. If you watch the post match comments the ref blamed being unsighted rather than being unable to get about the pitch. At least refs can move now 

IMG_20221019_155514.jpg.9ad3a6ee721242566e19c6476e88159e.jpg

Went to Brighton. It was scarey even for 80s football. Glad to get out of there.

The round before we beat the binners we knocked out Coventry. Someone won't be happy...

received_1107421126626566.gif.851ba09f0468fb5d603f081b7931fe4f.gif