Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

Why can’t we be Canada?

Ok they didn’t score, but what a performance! Brave, energetic, great flowing football, penetrating passes. 20+ shots on goal against Belgium is very impressive.

Very unlucky to lose the game to a route 1 goal. 

8 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

Was thinking I would have the manager over Smith in a heartbeat. 

Don't you like your 'bright young thing' anymore? 

5 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

Well the football would be better. 

Probably. I haven't seen what your football is like since 2019. It was pretty rank then.

4 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Who does Davies play for. Looks really good!

Bayern Munich. He's been well known to us Football Manager players for a few years now 😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

The Canada manager is certainly not doing his reputation any harm from the sounds of things. 

This may not age well.

25 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Bayern Munich. He's been well known to us Football Manager players for a few years now 😁

Darn it! Was hoping he was an undiscovered player for us to sign. 😂

7 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Darn it! Was hoping he was an undiscovered player for us to sign. 😂

Not unless you've got a spare £120 million down your couch you can lend the club 😂

Just now, Canary Jedi said:

Norwich just got a mention in the context of potentially signing Koné in Jan

Yeah I heard that, but I thought we switched our attention to Nunez and got him instead.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

This may not age well.

I think even though they lost both games they play very attacking football in a manner that’s impressive and admirable. Especially given Football in Canada after all is probably the 5th sport behind NHL, NFL, NBA and MLB. 

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I think even though they lost both games they play very attacking football in a manner that’s impressive and admirable. Especially given Football in Canada after all is probably the 5th sport behind NHL, NFL, NBA and MLB. 

I think its been proven enough times that recruiting a manager based on limited international performance rarely ends well. Seems to very rarely translate to the very different requirements of club football.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I think its been proven enough times that recruiting a manager based on limited international performance rarely ends well. Seems to very rarely translate to the very different requirements of club football.

I’m not suggesting we sign him. I’m just saying I’ve admired how he’s gone about his job. 

On 27/11/2022 at 20:29, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I’m not suggesting we sign him. I’m just saying I’ve admired how he’s gone about his job. 

I think to a certain extent its easier when you're a huge underdog with little to no expectations. If people don't expect results you can be a bit gung-ho without worrying if you concede a couple.

3 hours ago, king canary said:

I think to a certain extent its easier when you're a huge underdog with little to no expectations. If people don't expect results you can be a bit gung-ho without worrying if you concede a couple.

It’s still not the established way of going about it for most managers though. Most small countries try and sit in with a solid defence and try to nick a goal here and there.