Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

Sarg was ignored by teammates

I watched the Sarg like a hawk vs Wales. He was making constant runs and not receiving the ball at all, instead, the ball was going either backwards or to Pulisic. I was getting frustrated for him. This happened soo many times.

1 hour ago, Michael Starr said:

I watched the Sarg like a hawk vs Wales. He was making constant runs and not receiving the ball at all, instead, the ball was going either backwards or to Pulisic. I was getting frustrated for him. This happened soo many times.

Have to admit, I noticed the same.

Sarge is top dog here, but not the case for USA. I hope they play exactly the same against England as 2nd half they were very poor.

The yanks don't like their coach because of his defensive nature. Can imagine how frustrated they are watching that Canada team go out and attack.

• Like 1

Spot on about Sarge and Canada. Imagine if he was playing for them instead of USA. How many would he have bagged tonight?. The number of times Pulisic had an option to play him in and turned back was incredible against Wales; he must have been so frustrated.

Just now, sgncfc said:

Spot on about Sarge and Canada. Imagine if he was playing for them instead of USA. How many would he have bagged tonight?. The number of times Pulisic had an option to play him in and turned back was incredible against Wales; he must have been so frustrated.

I was a bit disappointed in Jonathan David, thought he was a bit lightweight and didn't look likely to score at all. 

Noticed it too but I think it was much more about the fact that the States were one up early on so they played it safe by keeping easy possession rather than try an attacking pass. Poor tactics cos Josh was definitely making some good runs, especially in the first half

Same thoughts here, thought play broke down too often as soon as the ball reached Pulisic. He was trying to be too cleaver at times. Yes he got an assist but the Sarg played a big part in that move, this was totally overlooked by the commentators.

14 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I mean that's unfortunate for him,  but I hope the exact same thing happens when they play England.

Hope he keeps those runs going and gets some joy against England, a successful Sargent at this world cup would boost his career fantastically, great for him - and us.  Hope he bags a couple and helps US to a shock win.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

must admit I wasn't watching like a hawk but what I saw was mindless straight runs through the middle leaving no angle for pass nor creating space for a 3rd man run, its a really difficult through ball to pull off especially if the GK has take up a good position. and probably why Pulisic tended to cut back inside to create the angle, but by this point Sarg had run offside.

USA USA were on top in the 1st half which I missed and probably where his more important contributions took place!

His workrate to defend from the front was fantastic. Bundles of energy.

I expect USA to be fairly defensive against England as a draw would be good for them. I can see another tough game for Josh, if selected.

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Hope he keeps those runs going and gets some joy against England, a successful Sargent at this world cup would boost his career fantastically, great for him - and us.  Hope he bags a couple and helps US to a shock win.

That's because you've always been a contrarian plonker, thing is people would be more shocked it you said something sensible.

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Hoping he bags a couple is fair enough, but why would you want England to lose?

6 minutes ago, Naturalcynic said:

Hoping he bags a couple is fair enough, but why would you want England to lose?

Maybe he's an Aussie ; with that hat design.

They never passed to Phil Boyer, also  v Wales, and I’ve never quite forgotten that, - England. Anyway Josh not starting, not that I’m watching THIS tournament. 

On 23/11/2022 at 20:07, TeemuVanBasten said:

I mean that's unfortunate for him,  but I hope the exact same thing happens when they play England.

It has 

3 hours ago, horsefly said:

It was nice to read something that didn't only talk about Pulisic (are you reading Sky Sports). And very encouraging that he could even be fit for Saturday and doesn’t have a long term injury. 

Edited by Mutley

What a funny old game it is.

Such nice comments about Sargent on here. Last year at this time he was getting some comments far removed from the present feelings towards him. I’m one of the guilty ones.

So what has bought about this massive change?

Playing in the Champ instead of the PL?

Manager getting more out of him,?

Playing in a more central position?.

I am pleased he has turned it around, as before no one ever worked so hard, for so little reward.

On 04/12/2022 at 13:16, Bradwell canary said:

What a funny old game it is.

Such nice comments about Sargent on here. Last year at this time he was getting some comments far removed from the present feelings towards him. I’m one of the guilty ones.

So what has bought about this massive change?

Playing in the Champ instead of the PL?

Manager getting more out of him,?

Playing in a more central position?.

I am pleased he has turned it around, as before no one ever worked so hard, for so little reward.

A step down in leagues and playing centrally. He looked at his absolute best when Pukki was out injured and although he has goals since he hasn't looked the same playing out on the wing. I personally think he's been hard done by being shoved our right again, although I understand the reasoning. Plus the backlash if Smith were to leave Pukki out when available and then we lost...