Sign in to follow this  
Bert

Days since Ipswich last beat us

Does anyone know the amount of days since Ipswich last beat us it much be approaching a record 5000 days?

There used to be a twitter account which was updated daily. I can't see it now. It may have been Musked but it also could have been gone a while and I hadn't noticed.

Edited by Kathy

A quick =datedif formula in Excel says it’s 4,966 days and counting, or 13 years and 218 days, if you prefer! 😉

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, GMF said:

A quick =datedif formula in Excel says it’s 4,966 days and counting, or 13 years and 218 days, if you prefer! 😉

The day after Boxing Day then? I'll drink to that!

47 minutes ago, GMF said:

I think there should be some club celebration to mark the 5000th day 😂😂

38 minutes ago, Bert said:

I think there should be some club celebration to mark the 5000th day 😂😂

I don't think there is anybody still working at the club from 5,000 days ago so it is unlikely to register on the radar.

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

The day after Boxing Day then? I'll drink to that!

Merry Christmas one and all! Unless you live in Suffolk and support Ipswich in which case just like the team its gonna be SUFF-OLKING ****! .... Get it? OK I can do better than that

10 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I don't think there is anybody still working at the club from 5,000 days ago so it is unlikely to register on the radar.

There aren't too many from 500 days ago.

It will be amusing to have it tick over 5,000 days but I'd prefer to concentrate on hopefully getting up the places in our division rather than thinking about the binners.  Celebrating 5,000 days would run the risk of a subsequent "Mind the Gap" embarrassment, better to try to win another promotion and mock them when we do.

Maybe people can namecheck people they think are closet binners on this thread ?  I'll start with @Big Vince and @Keith Scott .  Of course they're free to join this thread and mock the binners but I'm not holding my breath.

12 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

It will be amusing to have it tick over 5,000 days but I'd prefer to concentrate on hopefully getting up the places in our division rather than thinking about the binners.  Celebrating 5,000 days would run the risk of a subsequent "Mind the Gap" embarrassment, better to try to win another promotion and mock them when we do.

Nah you have to rub it in. That's what keeps the rivalry going.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Nah you have to rub it in. That's what keeps the rivalry going.

This. Otherwise you’d never take the risk in case one day in the future things change.

28 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

This. Otherwise you’d never take the risk in case one day in the future things change.

Some posters are frightened of meeting the binners again. They tremble with fear "they're a club on the up" as though that means we'll be in their shadow for over a decade....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They will beat us again at some point in the future. That doesn't make me a binner to say that, as long as football goes on indefinitely we will find ourselves in the same division at some point and they will beat us again. I'm absolutely dreading it to be honest, it's going to be unbearable and I might have to go into online exile for a while. 

I don't fear them now though. They have improved under their manager but people are seriously overestimating the quality in L1 and giving that league far too much credit, it's absolutely shockingly poor and much worse than we were down there, covid has really done a number on lower league clubs. I do worry about our frequent tendency to have off days though and if we happened to meet them (if they get promoted) when we're in poor form we might get done because any hard working professional team could turn us over when we're not up for it and I worry about the mentality of a lot of our players. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

3 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

Maybe people can namecheck people they think are closet binners on this thread ?  I'll start with @Big Vince and @Keith Scott .  Of course they're free to join this thread and mock the binners but I'm not holding my breath.

Those 2 are busy getting over the 2-0 defeat to Portsmouth in the EFL trophy.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Heading South said:

Surely that’s history , we don’t do history …. Double standards lads ……. Snigger .

Here's one. But is it a second account.....

37 minutes ago, Heading South said:

Surely that’s history , we don’t do history …. Double standards lads ……. Snigger .

Hahahaha how many consecutive seasons being average in third tier?

4 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

They will beat us again at some point in the future. That doesn't make me a binner to say that, as long as football goes on indefinitely we will find ourselves in the same division at some point and they will beat us again. I'm absolutely dreading it to be honest, it's going to be unbearable and I might have to go into online exile for a while. 

I don't fear them now though. They have improved under their manager but people are seriously overestimating the quality in L1 and giving that league far too much credit, it's absolutely shockingly poor and much worse than we were down there, covid has really done a number on lower league clubs. I do worry about our frequent tendency to have off days though and if we happened to meet them (if they get promoted) when we're in poor form we might get done because any hard working professional team could turn us over when we're not up for it and I worry about the mentality of a lot of our players. 

Indeed it’s easy to assume we won’t meet them till at least next season but wouldn’t be impossible to draw them away in the FA cup and we put out a second string team.

17 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

It’s odds on we’ll meet next season, bring it on hey! 

FA Cup draw on Monday, and you'd imagine they'll get past Adam Buxton.   Round 3 starts around Day 5,011.  What a wonderful banner that'd make! 🙂

45 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

FA Cup draw on Monday, and you'd imagine they'll get past Adam Buxton.   Round 3 starts around Day 5,011.  What a wonderful banner that'd make! 🙂

Love your thinking👍

Seriously? Who's afraid of that shower of shet?

25 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Love your thinking👍

Seriously? Who's afraid of that shower of shet?

Not any genuine Norwich fan I can think of 🙃

Maybe bring banners to the first home game after the 5,000 mark has been passed saying “Over 5,000 days since the binners beat us!”

Another option would be to sing “x,xxx* days since you last beat us” at the end of the game if we win the next meeting (which will probably be next season)

*x,xxx represents the number of days since they last beat us

Edited by HazzaJet

Would love to play them again. Miss the derbys.

And no I seriously couldn't give a t055 if they beat us, though I'm sure they wouldn't

Edited by East Rider