Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Canaries Fan Buys 85% Stake In Coventry City.

Well done Coventry for finding an investor. Lets hope he is as true as his word.

Obviously we weren't interested because he is from Suffolk.

Mind you, so is Stowmarket.😜

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I for one couldn't care less 😜

The thread title was pretty self explanatary but you still read it and commented even though you couldn't care less.

Mind you you did say this was going to be a long month.

21 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The thread title was pretty self explanatary but you still read it and commented even though you couldn't care less.

Mind you you did say this was going to be a long month.

Read the title, read the post, comment.

That's how I roll.

What order floats your boat? ⛵

3 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

It only took our hierarchy 25 plus years to find an investor....

And it feels like another 25 years to get the **** to complete his takeover.

So he manages a fund worth £330m, that doesn't mean he is worth that and I imagine that the people whose  money is being managed in said fund wouldn't want it spending on something as speculative as a football club. Whilst I do wish them well, that doesn't read like someone who has a huge pot of cash to spend and so will be financing any big spending through borrowing, which is not somehting I would want our club to do in the current climate (and I hope isn't the way the new investors want to take us).

2 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

So he manages a fund worth £330m, that doesn't mean he is worth that and I imagine that the people whose  money is being managed in said fund wouldn't want it spending on something as speculative as a football club. Whilst I do wish them well, that doesn't read like someone who has a huge pot of cash to spend and so will be financing any big spending through borrowing, which is not somehting I would want our club to do in the current climate (and I hope isn't the way the new investors want to take us).

Pity we have got a £70 million loan.

18 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

He is also CEO of Yelo which produces cooking oil. Don't know how big they are but it says they have just opened a new plant worth £70M.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Read the title, read the post, comment.

That's how I roll.

What order floats your boat? ⛵

Read the title and if not interested move on .

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Read the title and if not interested move on .

But then I'd have missed your insightful opening post. Why would I want to do that?😜

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

But then I'd have missed your insightful opening post. Why would I want to do that?😜

Why read a post about something you couldn't care less about ?

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Why read a post about something you couldn't care less about ?

Durrr

To find out if I could care less....

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Durrr

To find out if I could care less....

All the info you required was in the title which was a City fan had bought 85% of Coventry City so which bit did not give you sufficient information to make the judgement you couldn't care less ?

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

All the info you required was in the title which was a City fan had bought 85% of Coventry City so which bit did not give you sufficient information to make the judgement you couldn't care less ?

How did I know that?

Don't be so down on yourself. I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't wait to read what you post...

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

How did I know that?

Don't be so down on yourself. I'm sure I'm not the only one who can't wait to read what you post...

I thought you would keep this up for a month ? 😂

He's not as rich as Attanasio, so why should we be bothered?

I know this isn't the point Til is making, but if the wealth of the owner was the deciding factor in success of a football club then QPR, Stoke and Barnsley would be mid-table in the Premier League. A change in ownership at another club doesn't really have any impact on us at all: it could go well but just as easily go badly.

16 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Why didn't Webber have this guy on his radar before Attanasio? Would have saved on the flight tickets! 😉

There is some suggestion at Coventry that he’s just a front for Sisu. Be careful what you wish for!

11 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

There is some suggestion at Coventry that he’s just a front for Sisu. Be careful what you wish for!

Blimey, hadn't heard that. But why would you align yourselves with that outfit- seems a bit of mischief making to me.

4 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Pedantic I know, but it's a "portfolio".

A bit of a difference in that £330m fund would suggest the money is sitting there ready to use. £330m portfolio suggests that's investments. In other words it's tied up. Though it may earn him some money.

We'll have to see what this turns out to be in the long run. 

I’m still not sure they’ll keep their big 3 (who would walk into any other Championship side) in the January window. If some how they do and add a few others, Coventry will be right up there. 

1 minute ago, shaunieboy77 said:

Another club that 'belongs' in the Premier League. That's about 40 now.

It won't be long before the Championship is rebranded to EPL 2. Then League 1 will become the Championship, League 2 - League 1, etc. ad nauseum .....

What is going on with that eviction notice. Is this Ashley's way of buying the club?  Are others at the club 'in on it' and this triggers some kind of legal, or tax related loophole or something?!

Just came out of leftfield, god knows what fans are thinking now.  BBC post here:

7h7pljw9k34a1.png

Edited by Google Bot