Sign in to follow this  
littleyellowbirdie

Twitter Trump Poll

36 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

About 14 million votes with a 52/48 split in favour of letting Trump back on Twitter...

I saw this earlier. Made me feel sad really - in many senses.

But a 52/48 split?

What in the world could go wrong!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I saw this earlier. Made me feel sad really - in many senses.

But a 52/48 split?

What in the world could go wrong!

Funny how that split keeps popping up isn't it?

• Like 1

Perhaps the only thing failing more obviously than Trump himself is Twitter itself. I'm quite comfortable with letting Trump expose his malevolent and colossal ignorance on social media, providing Twitter carries out its duty to remove anything he says that constitutes prejudice and lies. That will leave him with very little to say.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Perhaps the only thing failing more obviously than Trump himself is Twitter itself. I'm quite comfortable with letting Trump expose his malevolent and colossal ignorance on social media, providing Twitter carries out its duty to remove anything he says that constitutes prejudice and lies. That will leave him with very little to say.

Unfortunately, Musk is barely any better than the giant oversized orange man baby.

15 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Unfortunately, Musk is barely any better than the giant oversized orange man baby.

Indeed! I look forward to the day when they are the two remaining Twitter subscribers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

Twitter is going to implode very very quickly. Musk is the Liz Truss of the social media world.

Good 🙂

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

Twitter is going to implode very very quickly. Musk is the Liz Truss of the social media world.

Indeed, Twitter might survive in a weird Musk type way but it does appear weeks away from folding. 

It's been a great resource for me with articles sourced for you from right across the world on science, politics...well, you name it. For music, history, culture it has no equal. Most of all, I enjoy the humour of people (mainly English) and I follow regularly a tiny selection of people (10 to 20 in the grand scheme of things) for their posts, mainly art related. It's made me realise (whenever I start to wonder whether I'm somehow stuck in a sonyc type void) that there are thousands of people who think similarly. The world literally comes to your door (well, smart screen).

I hardly ever post and in well over 10 years I only have about 300 followers - that is far more irrelevant than who I want to follow.

As for the supposed anger and insults, I hardly ever see them nor get involved - like here in the Pinkun I can't be bothered. We've only got one life, might as well try and enjoy it rather than wasting time getting into arguments.

If Twitter dies I'm sure something will replace it. Mastodon is the supposed new platform but it looks hellishly difficult! Lots of people are leaving to join it though.

The time when one of the world's richest people owns such a platform is a time to leave. It's James Bond villain territory isn't it? Life imitating art and all that. 

I will make an effort though to thank those 10 to 20 complete strangers for enriching my life and giving me so many enjoyable times and smiles. Twitter at it's best is about people just enjoying each others' company very remotely. Ideal for introverts and dreamers like me 🙂. 

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very much similar to Sonyc. More of a reader than a writer on there and it can be a very decent place with some nice communities supporting each other. Unfortunately you can see the right wing slowly taking it back as it feels like the algorithm has been tweaked to amplify more of the eejits. It's a shame it has been destroyed and I don't think I can be arsed to set up a new account somewhere else. Mastodon seems like a legitimate place but it's not as easy to navigate.

I wonder if Musk is deliberately shutting it down or just a halfwit.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 20/11/2022 at 12:49, Herman said:

Very much similar to Sonyc. More of a reader than a writer on there and it can be a very decent place with some nice communities supporting each other. Unfortunately you can see the right wing slowly taking it back as it feels like the algorithm has been tweaked to amplify more of the eejits. It's a shame it has been destroyed and I don't think I can be arsed to set up a new account somewhere else. Mastodon seems like a legitimate place but it's not as easy to navigate.

I wonder if Musk is deliberately shutting it down or just a halfwit.

Don't know anything about Mastodon but as a complete guess I'd suggest that improving the navigation, if that is the major issue, is a far simpler problem than trying to fix the multiple and fairly catastrophic issues that Twitter is facing - as KIO just said, its pretty easy to see how Twitter might crash and burn pretty quickly from here on in.

Probably not yet inevitable but give Musk another couple of weeks on his current trajectory.........................