Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

Free Beer!

Greene King are giving away beer if your surname is the same as a player in the England or Wales squad.

Football fans will being able to get themselves a free pint at Greene King pubs if they share a surname with a member of the England or Wales squad that is taking part in the World Cup.

This offer will only be available during the group stage matches for England and Wales, which will begin on Monday (November 21) with England vs Iran at 1pm and Wales vs USA at 7pm.

Greene King is offering a free pint or bottle of Ice Breaker Pale Ale or a soft drink alternative to anyone who shares a surname with any of the England and Wales squads.

To claim their free drink all someone would have to do is show their ID at the bar during one of the live matches involving England and Wales.

What surnames will be accepted for the offer?

Hennessey, Ward, Davies, Cabango, Lockyer, Rodon, Mepham, Ampadu, Gunter, Williams, Roberts, Thomas, Allen, Smith, Levitt, Wilson, Morrell, Ramsey, Colwill, Bale, Moore, Harris, Johnson, James, Pickford, Pope, Ramsdale, Alexander-Arnold, Coady, Dier, Maguire, Shaw, Stones, Trippier, Walker, White, Bellingham, Gallagher, Henderson, Mount, Phillips, Rice, Foden, Grealish, Kane, Maddison, Rashford, Saka, Sterling, Wilson

If my surname is a Welsh player, can I get a free pint during an England game?

I'd need more than a free pint to drag me out to watch the Welsh.

5 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

Greene King are giving away beer if your surname is the same as a player in the England or Wales squad.

Football fans will being able to get themselves a free pint at Greene King pubs if they share a surname with a member of the England or Wales squad that is taking part in the World Cup.

This offer will only be available during the group stage matches for England and Wales, which will begin on Monday (November 21) with England vs Iran at 1pm and Wales vs USA at 7pm.

Greene King is offering a free pint or bottle of Ice Breaker Pale Ale or a soft drink alternative to anyone who shares a surname with any of the England and Wales squads.

To claim their free drink all someone would have to do is show their ID at the bar during one of the live matches involving England and Wales.

What surnames will be accepted for the offer?

Hennessey, Ward, Davies, Cabango, Lockyer, Rodon, Mepham, Ampadu, Gunter, Williams, Roberts, Thomas, Allen, Smith, Levitt, Wilson, Morrell, Ramsey, Colwill, Bale, Moore, Harris, Johnson, James, Pickford, Pope, Ramsdale, Alexander-Arnold, Coady, Dier, Maguire, Shaw, Stones, Trippier, Walker, White, Bellingham, Gallagher, Henderson, Mount, Phillips, Rice, Foden, Grealish, Kane, Maddison, Rashford, Saka, Sterling, Wilson

One of those names is one of my middle names ? Does that count ? 

4 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

The report says 'surname'.

What if you had a double barrelled surname......such as Mandy Rice-Davies ?

• Like 1

My name was Harry Kane, but I’ve changed it to avoid getting a free pint from Greene King.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Those out in Doha attending the WC and are fortunate to have the surnames of the squad members will have to probably claim their ale and consume it when they're safely back in Blighty....Hands off unless you wait until you're home....  

22 hours ago, Peregrine Shorts said:

It’s 42 quid to change your name by deed poll………an expensive free pint

5 games featuring England and/or Wales so that’s 5 pints. Plus I’ve got 2 Greene King pubs within 200 yards of each other so I could get a pint in both for each game, so that’s 10 pints. It’s almost worth it.

17 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

If you put your face on a Panini sticker you'll definitely get a free beer. 😀

If I was out and about these days I'd genuinely try this ID...

McLovin ID card from movie Superbad "Clean Remaster Print" HD PRINT   

Oh for anyone that has not seen Superbad. Low key coming of age sex-comedy and pure genius.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

5 games featuring England and/or Wales so that’s 5 pints. Plus I’ve got 2 Greene King pubs within 200 yards of each other so I could get a pint in both for each game, so that’s 10 pints. It’s almost worth it.

Really ? It's Greene King 🤮