Sign in to follow this  
Pyro Pete

Best Fan Engagement award...

Anyone interested, it was for the campaign that the club ran in regards to suicides.  i.e. "best programme"

https://sportsbusinessawards.co.uk/winner/best-fan-engagement-programme-2022/

Yes it's a good cause, but not what I'd consider fan engagement, The Wigan #beleive campaign is interesting though.  I could imagine Webber pouncing on something like that, but turning it into #canaryVIP or something.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Anyone interested, it was for the campaign that the club ran in regards to suicides.  i.e. "best programme"

Yes it's a good cause, but not what I'd consider fan engagement, The Wigan #beleive campaign is interesting though.  I could imagine Webber pouncing on something like that, but turning it into #canaryVIP or something.

Norwich City are delighted to announce that the club has won ‘Best Fan Engagement’ at the 

@SBAandFBA

for our mental health initiative ahead of the 2022/23 home kit launch 👏

41 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Congratulations to the whole team behind the scenes. Deserved recognition for Sterling efforts. 👏

Disconnect?

We won, get over it. 🏆 

Board must be untouchable at this point. Surprised we don't have a Webber statue yet. Maybe we could fund it from season ticket sales? Can't see any sensible fan not being proud of such a suggestion. 

Champions 🏆 🥇 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

People are making a mole out of a mountain here, well done City and especially Webber. 

No people are sick of the sub standard engagement. Its a joke.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Thanks for clarifying.

I think there seems to be some misunderstanding from people as to the difference between fan engagement and fan connection is. Engagement just simply means someone has interacted with it, could be good could be bad but it’s all about getting eyes and reactions. Connection is about feeling you and your club have a shared identity and ambition, a simple look through a majority of the comments on most forms of NCFC social media will tell you that fans engage regularly to voice their discontent at the club showing a lack of connection. 

13 hours ago, Google Bot said:

It was a really good campaign IMO and I’m proud the club spent the time and money on it.

However it was a marketing campaign, not engagement with supporters per se. I find it interesting there’s a mindset that views it as such.

As an aside working in a large US modern company we often talk about engagement in a similar way, literally internal marketing to employees.

Edited by Monty13

14 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Now the permanently disgruntled are upset because the club has won an award.

The terminally “wrong about Dean Smith and are huffing on copium” continue to sing the clubs praises even as they throw you under the bus?

have they considered going to Qatar and being paid to be a Brazil fan or something?

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

The terminally “wrong about Dean Smith and are huffing on copium” continue to sing the clubs praises even as they throw you under the bus?

have they considered going to Qatar and being paid to be a Brazil fan or something?

Why are you so upset that the club has won an award?

Just now, A Load of Squit said:

Why are you so upset that the club has won an award?

The people that run this club don’t deserve anything apart from the sack

14 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

No people are sick of the sub standard engagement. Its a joke.

15 hours ago, hogesar said:

Time for fans to go and look at other clubs and owners and realise a few things..

39 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Best Fan Engagement Award?

Brilliant, obviously nothing to worry about then, all is well!

Literally no-one (feel free to correct me) has said this.

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Literally no-one (feel free to correct me) has said this.

Quite so, but let’s not let that get in the way of anything.  It’s very odd that some seem to think that either everything is good or everything is crap, with nothing possible in between. 

The award relates to how the club used a new kit launch to raise mental health awareness. They then followed that up, on mental health day, with another superb video. The former, amazingly, caused a bit of discussion on here...

The engagement with fans on this topic has been first class, whilst on the pure football side shall we say there are opportunities to improve. Accept the award as well earned though, because it was.

• Like 1

This was the one where people moaned because they thought it was going to be about the new shirt but was about saving lives instead.

Norwich City Football Club

What can be more meaningful than a campaign that potentially saves a life?

As a club, we took the bold approach of using the ‘hook’ of our much-anticipated reveal of our 2022/23 home kit to drive maximum awareness of the worrying rates of mental health and suicide.
An impactful launch video, voiced by Stephen Fry, was supported by interviews with subjects personally affected by suicide who so bravely shared their stories.

In one year alone, 518 people in East Anglia took their own life and data shows that the average age of our season ticket holders (49) is in the bracket of people most at risk. These data points were the driver for us to firstly increase awareness of this hugely important topic, but also to educate supporters on where to go should they need support with their mental health.

This was a campaign born out of a desire to use our platform for good. With over 750k organic views across our channels, the bold approach we took worked, and we were overwhelmed with messages of support from fans across the country, some who confirmed the campaign had prompted them to get the mental health support they so desperately needed.

On 19/11/2022 at 10:39, A Load of Squit said:

This was the one where people moaned because they thought it was going to be about the new shirt but was about saving lives instead.

Norwich City Football Club

What can be more meaningful than a campaign that potentially saves a life?

As a club, we took the bold approach of using the ‘hook’ of our much-anticipated reveal of our 2022/23 home kit to drive maximum awareness of the worrying rates of mental health and suicide.
An impactful launch video, voiced by Stephen Fry, was supported by interviews with subjects personally affected by suicide who so bravely shared their stories.

In one year alone, 518 people in East Anglia took their own life and data shows that the average age of our season ticket holders (49) is in the bracket of people most at risk. These data points were the driver for us to firstly increase awareness of this hugely important topic, but also to educate supporters on where to go should they need support with their mental health.

This was a campaign born out of a desire to use our platform for good. With over 750k organic views across our channels, the bold approach we took worked, and we were overwhelmed with messages of support from fans across the country, some who confirmed the campaign had prompted them to get the mental health support they so desperately needed.

Clearly this is very good in that it shows that Football Clubs and the like can play a vital role in reaching people who may not otherwise be reached and as a result lives may be saved.

Watching football is the most important part of fan engagement and can operate as a safety valve. With an average season ticket age of 49 there are many who are not getting that opportunity.