Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

And to think we could be watching Norwich this weekend..

But no, bribe money had to get in the way so that Quatar could host the world Cup in winter in stadiums built by slaves (many of whom died) so that we could watch England play teams like Iran, a country ran by an ironfisted extremist religious fruitcake goverment that are torturing and killing women who don't want to cover up their hair right now

.... So uh, happy friendly Friday everyone!😁

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Life is depressing enough without having to watch Brummie mcteamug on the sidelines, the break from that alone is welcome. 

Well I suppose we could take a break from watching negative, annoying football with confusing team sections by watching England..

Wait a minute

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well I suppose we could take a break from watching negative, annoying football with confusing team sections by watching England..

Wait a minute

There are plenty of other countries to watch other than England. 

27 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Life is depressing enough without having to watch Brummie mcteamug on the sidelines, the break from that alone is welcome. 

Now I understand your problem: With all the things you can be paying attention to at a football game, it hasn't occurred to you that you have the option of paying attention to anything other than one guy standing on the sidelines.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

That’s probably your worst ever post!   

Funnily enough the 2nd line came from Nicky Campbell on 5 live this morning, then followed by the 3rd.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Funnily enough the 2nd line came from Nicky Campbell on 5 live this morning, then followed by the 3rd.

Hope there was a certain ironic intonation from him… he usually cares!   Would rather we refused to play Iran than play, their women need that gesture desperately!   

Just now, ged in the onion bag said:

Hope there was a certain ironic intonation from him… he usually cares!   Would rather we refused to play Iran than play, their women need that gesture desperately!   

He was moving the conversation away from the 'political' lense to pure football, which is where I was coming from.

IDK I'm quite enjoying watching Todd and Sara's insta's of their respective trips to New York! Brings back some great memories of my own time there. Wonder if they'll catch up with any games in the Football Factory.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

But no, bribe money had to get in the way so that Quatar could host the world Cup in winter in stadiums built by slaves (many of whom died) so that we could watch England play teams like Iran, a country ran by an ironfisted extremist religious fruitcake goverment that are torturing and killing women who don't want to cover up their hair right now

.... So uh, happy friendly Friday everyone!😁

Usually I watch as many games as I can of the World Cup however this World Cup I have decided I’ll only watch England games and no others. While it’s not going to achieve much it’s as much as I can do without not watching the entire thing.

As many have said the whole thing should never be taking place and this and Russia should be a stain on the soul of fifa accepting blood money for world cups.  

54 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

He was moving the conversation away from the 'political' lense to pure football, which is where I was coming from.

Yeah I was listening to it, he did say for one hour they would put the controversy to one side and and discuss football.

I've been trying to get into it by watching/reading previews of all the teams and honestly I am looking forward to it more than I have been Norwich games for a long while.

Things seem to be blowing up in Qatar's face on a daily basis so that's good too. It would seem that they are learning there are things that money can't buy. Common sense and style being two of them. 

6 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I've been trying to get into it by watching/reading previews of all the teams and honestly I am looking forward to it more than I have been Norwich games for a long while.

Things seem to be blowing up in Qatar's face on a daily basis so that's good too. It would seem that they are learning there are things that money can't buy. Common sense and style being two of them. 

Well today we have found out about a beer ban in stadiums and that there will be a delay on certain media and streams of matches so they can have time to censor and cut away if the matches dare to show anything 'unislamic' such as a an lgbt flag or a shirtless fan in the stands.

Boy this sure is gonna be fun, can't wait to see what the Quatar goverment demands next

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well today we have found out about a beer ban in stadiums and that there will be a delay on certain media and streams of matches so they can have time to censor and cut away if the matches dare to show anything 'unislamic' such as a an lgbt flag or a shirtless fan in the stands.

Boy this sure is gonna be fun, can't wait to see what the Quatar goverment demands next

Executions at half time in the knock out stage? 

• Haha 1

There’s been next to no real build up to it, only adverts I’ve really seen is betting companies. Sponsors seem to be holding out to see if the public get on board before committing. 

Whole thing always was a farce, Will FIFA redeem themselves with the next one? Doubtful. You know for sure they’ll give it to China soon and that’ll be a barrel of laughs.

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

There’s been next to no real build up to it, only adverts I’ve really seen is betting companies. Sponsors seem to be holding out to see if the public get on board before committing. 

Whole thing always was a farce, Will FIFA redeem themselves with the next one? Doubtful. You know for sure they’ll give it to China soon and that’ll be a barrel of laughs.

Don’t rule out North Korea if there’s another peace summit with the USA in the pipeline. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

20 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Don’t rule out North Korea if there’s another peace summit with the USA in the pipeline. 

An axis of evil joint bid could be interesting?

or maybe the homeworld of the aliens from Independence Day?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

The '26 WC will be jointly held in USA, Mexico and Canada. '30 hasn't been decided yet but you would expect Uruguay to figure with it being the centenary tournament. Spain and Portugal are bidding for it as are Ukraine.

50 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Either China or India will end up hosting at some point in the two decades mark my words.

And both of those world cups will just as amusing as they will be depressing

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

The '26 WC will be jointly held in USA, Mexico and Canada. '30 hasn't been decided yet but you would expect Uruguay to figure with it being the centenary tournament. Spain and Portugal are bidding for it as are Ukraine.

If Ukraine wins then it will be in Liverpool. If it’s good enough for Eurovision…

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

'26 is going to be a real money pit for fans. Three countries already set up for mass tourism, every dollar the fans have will be extracted!

'30 can only be Uruguay surely out of that list. Europe had it (in theory) in '18. Unless the Aussies put in a late bid.

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

A bit like a VAR Check then. ‘Qatar VAR checking for possible shirtless nudity’.

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

Harry Kane is going to be wearing a gay pride armband. Looking forward to seeing Qatar's creative camera work and editing to not show it.

Harry Kane runs out with one arm left 😂 

No excuses about tiredness this time (although Conte was making one for Kane) as you England boys have only played a handful of games and should be at your peak.

Last few tournaments (including the next 2) have been:

ASIA, EUROPE, AFRICA, SOUTH AMERICA, EUROPE, ASIA, NORTH AMERICA

On the basis of rotating the continents, it should be Africa in 2030. If no African countries are bidding then it should be South America.