Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

How old are you, what's your gender? (Anonymous poll)

How old are you? (Anonymous poll)  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• Under 18
    • 18-24
    • 25-34
    • 35-44
    • 45-54
    • 55-64
    • 65-74
    • 75 or over
  2. 2. What sex are you?

• Male
    • Female
    • Something Else

Well so far the 35 to 44's are in the lead and seeing as the average life expectancy here in England for men is 82 half that you get 41, so "middle age" is therefore 41 it would seem this place is just crawling with middle age fogies!😉

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 hour ago, Richard Richard said:

Why on earth are people getting upset with this post? Just a bit of fun, surely. Do it or don't 🙄

Its only the one plonker to be fair.

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Surprised that with 68 responses, there's only one under the age of 24. I'm 33, but have been using this forum on and off since 2007.

Somebody aged 24 was 9 years old when you started using this forum to be fair.

It does really show though that the kids simply don't use forums.

Or, it could be symptomatic of the club not getting kids through the doors, perhaps they are all Man City fans, and it is the club sleepwalking into extinction rather than just the forum 😉 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Tilly must be out tonight Kathy 😉

More likely just home with the Aldi shop settling down to watch the soaps🙃

A 60/40 split then between those under 55 and those over.

Apart from those sensible 18-24s it's like a shallow bell curve in graphic form (definitely a curve and not an end).

Seems like a decent spread of ages but gender-wise it's very unbalanced. Would more women involved improve the content and culture of the forum? I think so.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

To be fair to you, this is an interesting one, not that I expect a response given you're supposed to be ignoring me. 😉

I'll take you off ignore, feel like I've had a decent timeout.

I never keep people on for long.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yeah ,yeah Pinocchio whatever.

Thank God. I was getting really concerned.

All I can say is it’s a good job we don’t need to breed new forum members from the current ones.

3 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

All I can say is it’s a good job we don’t need to breed new forum members from the current ones.

That’s already happened. 

12 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Surprised that with 68 responses, there's only one under the age of 24. I'm 33, but have been using this forum on and off since 2007.

I also wonder how many of the 25-34 group sit at the older age of that range. I certainly do.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Whats a woke snowflake?

Is this a double negative? If so, could be a full on evangelised Brexiteer who was previously a Remoaner? A very, very rare beast ATM! 🙂 

On 17/11/2022 at 18:03, Richard Richard said:

Why on earth are people getting upset with this post? Just a bit of fun, surely. Do it or don't 🙄

Binner

On 17/11/2022 at 12:14, TeemuVanBasten said:

I know Nuff Said absolutely loves my threads so thought I'd treat him.

Inspired by recent comments from prominent Tory's that if they don't find young members soon they could be heading towards extinction in 10 years, due to the average age of their members and voters, I thought it be interesting to see whether the Pink'un forum is facing a similar fate.

Also, whilst we're at it, I was astonished recently to find out a poster I'd be arguing with was a female, as I'd assumed otherwise without good reason, so it would be interesting to see what the gender balance is too.

TBF as someone else has said, it is a good question, the sex one anyway. But you do seem to start almost as many threads as Cambridge these days. 

On 17/11/2022 at 15:50, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm on the same side as JK Rowling. 

I was going to agree with you, but sadly a simple statement just doesn’t match the complexity of the issue. I am all for people who feel they want to change the gender they were assigned at birth, fluctuate back and forth between gender expressions or anything else that is not a traditional “cis” stance. But I am *also* all for battered women who don’t want men in their refuges, women who don’t want men in their changing rooms or toilets or trans women outcompeting them in sport. (Although I suspect J K Rowling would probably say all this too)

What I’m not for is internet pile ons, blanket condemnation of people who express an opinion that other people don’t agree with in a discussion or simplistic attempts to shut down debate. It is possible to express support for trans people and have concerns about some of the aims some people have, but to listen to some of the loudest voices, you wouldn’t think so.

• Thanks 1