Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Moved on from Bad Request

I have an old MacBook pro with an unsupported version of Safari and I can no longer access the main Pink Un site but if I "Google" the "Pink Un" and then click directly on the Main Discussion" link I can access this message board. If I use Firefox I can access the main Pink Un site but if I try to access this Message Board I get "Bad Request", again if I Google the "Pink Un" and click directly on the "Main Discussion" link I can access this message board.............

I had this on Chrome on PC. Cleared cookies on the site and it worked again, then I signed in again and it’s back to broken again.

I can no longer access the message board from my phone unless I’m connected to my WiFi. Had this for several months. Anyone else? No problems with any other site. 

I use Chrome an up to date android phone. I got the 404 error for the first time yesterday. I was told to clear the cache of Chrome and Google Play Services and it is fine at the moment. 

I have had it a couple of times over last few days, i did give up posting one reply 

edit first time I tried to post the above I got Bad request ( chrome on laptop, but same on ipad)

Edited by city4eva

I'm still getting it on any of my devices across different web browsers which is weird and suggests there's an issue at their end.

It's easier enough to clear data but it's a pain in 'arris.

56 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

It's easier enough to clear data but it's a pain in 'arris.

Very few things in life annoy me , Capt but the misconception that Cockney rhyming slang for Bum is Harris (or ‘Arris) as you put it , is one of them. 

“Aris” is one of the best Slangs ever. It derives from the original Àrse , which is Bottle and Glass . It then moved on to Aristotle which was rhyming for Bottle . So your Àrse became Bottle which then became Aris (totle) 

Your welcome 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Your welcome 😂

You're. 😉 

Sorry GPB, couldn't resist. 

• Haha 1

Since this subject raised its head again recently i mkust say i have had no problems using Firefox on my laptop.

I still can't access it via Chrome or Edge. Like others have said, I clear the cache and all cookies etc, can load the page but then when I log in, Bad Request.

I can only get on using Samsung Internet on my phone. I won't download another browser just because Archant are incompetent. 

13 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Now getting a blank page, get’s worst by the day. This has taken me two hours!

Archant's IT department is not doing well at all. The fact you have separate logins for one side of the pinkun for subscriptions, separate logins for the forum, and their system for linking play store subscriptions to old accounts in the app just crashes is really shoddy. And that's ignoring the fact that they can't configure their web servers properly.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Very few things in life annoy me , Capt but the misconception that Cockney rhyming slang for Bum is Harris (or ‘Arris) as you put it , is one of them. 

“Aris” is one of the best Slangs ever. It derives from the original Àrse , which is Bottle and Glass . It then moved on to Aristotle which was rhyming for Bottle . So your Àrse became Bottle which then became Aris (totle) 

Your welcome 😂

Now that is a fun fact.

17 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Now that is a fun fact.

As you were kind enough to notice , here is another . You may occasionally hear your Bum referred to as your “April”

This a derivation of Aris. 

So in fact it is Àrse (Bottle and Glass) , to Aris (Aristotle) to April (April in Paris) 

Del Boy uses April a few times. 

See the things you learn on here? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

As you were kind enough to notice , here is another . You may occasionally hear your Bum referred to as your “April”

This a derivation of Aris. 

So in fact it is Àrse (Bottle and Glass) , to Aris (Aristotle) to April (April in Paris) 

Del Boy uses April a few times. 

See the things you learn on here? 

Blimey, that's a pretty insane number of degrees of separation building up there!

21 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Blimey, that's a pretty insane number of degrees of separation building up there!

Yup . Rhyming Slang for Rhyming Slang .

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

Has anyone connections with Archant because this has been going on for months, maybe even years. Now and again I dip into TWTD and have never had this problem 

57 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Has anyone connections with Archant because this has been going on for months, maybe even years. Now and again I dip into TWTD and have never had this problem 

Why arent we Ipswich

2 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

In the past we could flag things to Pete.

You could try reporting your post (little flag, top right) and asking the Pink Un guys to pass it on to IT Support.

Incidentally, it's Newsquest now, rather than Archant.

On 17/11/2022 at 12:43, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Yup . Rhyming Slang for Rhyming Slang .

Not exactly rhyming slang, but did you know faculty comes from, we have run out of PG Tips?

I still can't post or reply 😅

Edit: By jove after 2 weeks perhaps they've finally fixed it!

Edited by AJ

First time ive been able to log in for a week,  have been able to read but to even do that I have to clear my cookies daily, which is ridiculous & too much hassle, thats on my phone using chrome.

Guess now noone is looking after it or sorting the problems, its destined at some stage to be binned by Newsquest?