Captain Holt

Where Are You? Come On!

Football wise, we are where we've been for most of our recent history. It's the off-field disconnect that cannot be allowed to continue; it's what keeps you going as a fan.

We've always been told we're different to other clubs. At the minute we're a perfect example of a club Stuart Webber held in contempt when he came here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Football wise, we are where we've been for most of our recent history. It's the off-field disconnect that cannot be allowed to continue; it's what keeps you going as a fan.

We've always been told we're different to other clubs. At the minute we're a perfect example of a club Stuart Webber held in contempt when he came here.

Chill out, everything’s marvellous apparently to those who know best on here. Let’s just leave it  to Uncle Stu and the pensioners to steer us through choppy waters. 

Favourites 🤩!

Say the bookies; well known experts on extracting cash from the gullible.

If Stuart Webber were currently to make a club statement he would be howled down!

While the bedsheet brigade were shouting "Delia out!" our supposed part-timer (SW) was in America recruiting two South American international players, probably consulting Mark Attanasio and POSSIBLY cajoling Dean Smith into joining NCFC.

Daniel is not coming back, Michael & Delia will go at their own pace, NCFC will be the plaything of another person or entity.

The grass might be greener or it could be "Astroturf" and very abrasive.😵

3 minutes ago, Red_Spartan said:

Favourites 🤩!

Say the bookies; well known experts on extracting cash from the gullible.

If Stuart Webber were currently to make a club statement he would be howled down!

While the bedsheet brigade were shouting "Delia out!" our supposed part-timer (SW) was in America recruiting two South American international players, probably consulting Mark Attanasio and POSSIBLY cajoling Dean Smith into joining NCFC.

Daniel is not coming back, Michael & Delia will go at their own pace, NCFC will be the plaything of another person or entity.

The grass might be greener or it could be "Astroturf" and very abrasive.😵

Can’t argue with that Stu. 

• Haha 1

You Might like to note that some of those behind the bedsheet now appear as the "mighty" Norwich Elite 🙈🙉🙊😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

This disconnect stuff is just rubbish. Fact is, there's only a 'disconnect' if we're not demolishing opposition; nobody cares about off field stuff if we're doing well on the pitch; if we're doing badly on the pitch then some people need one or more scapegoats off the pitch and if people off the pitch are being scapegoated then obviously they're not going to be that inclined to waste their breath arguing.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

This disconnect stuff is just rubbish. Fact is, there's only a 'disconnect' if we're not demolishing opposition; nobody cares about off field stuff if we're doing well on the pitch; if we're doing badly on the pitch then some people need one or more scapegoats off the pitch and if people off the pitch are being scapegoated then obviously they're not going to be that inclined to waste their breath arguing.

I pretty much agree with this. If you put disconnect into the search box you will see it coincides when fans are disappointed with results. We apparently had this 'disconnect' in 2018 but it magically disappeared in 2019. Yet the owners, board and manager were the same. Go figure...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I have to totally disagree with this on a purely personal level. Win, Lose or Draw I do not "connect" with Webber because he is full of hot air and his own self importance or Dean Smith for reasons I cannot really explain other than I do not dislike him but I just do not warm to him as our Head Coach. I love football, I am a positive sort of chap but at the moment I am very "meh" about Norwich City (win, lose or draw). I have always said that the only thing that will stop me going to Carrow Rd is poor health or worse, I renew my ST every season because I love Norwich City and I enjoy the company/conversation/banter/social interaction with the people I have sat next to for the last 23 years and I really resent the likes of Webber and Richens thinking my ST renewal is an approval of how Webber and co are performing and it shows they have no idea of what it means to love and support a football club, I was supporting Norwich City long before they arrived and I hope to be doing so long after they have departed...........

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I have to totally disagree with this on a purely personal level. Win, Lose or Draw I do not "connect" with Webber because he is full of hot air and his own self importance or Dean Smith for reasons I cannot really explain other than I do not dislike him but I just do not warm to him as our Head Coach. I love football, I am a positive sort of chap but at the moment I am very "meh" about Norwich City (win, lose or draw). I have always said that the only thing that will stop me going to Carrow Rd is poor health or worse, I renew my ST every season because I love Norwich City and I enjoy the company/conversation/banter/social interaction with the people I have sat next to for the last 23 years and I really resent the likes of Webber and Richens thinking my ST renewal is an approval of how Webber and co are performing and it shows they have no idea of what it means to love and support a football club, I was supporting Norwich City long before they arrived and I hope to be doing so long after they have departed...........

I'm quite sure that they're under no illusions that everybody, including myself, isn't happy with where we are. The only difference is whether you think that's just down to the nature of competition or whether you think there needs to be a person, or some people to blame, if we're not winning. As I put most of our struggles down to factors outside of anyone at the club's control, namely financial resources, then I'm not in the looking for scapegoats category.

There are two elements to the day to day strategic functions that he oversees in my book:

• Overseeing a structure that enables all players at every level to be improved to the best of their ability at Norwich City
  • Obtaining the best possible players at all levels to compete and develop at Norwich City

On point 1 everything has progressed enormously on his watch, to the extent that it makes life slightly less difficult on point two.

On point 2 the club has seen some good players come into the club over his time, as well as some disappointments, which is where I'd expect us to be given the resources we have. Overall, players coming through the club has created revenue that has allowed the club to function, which is a sign we've been successful at improving the players we've bought in.

The only main criticism where the board has been at odds with some fans is not having involved new stakeholders with more financial muscle to allow us to offer salaries more in line with the Premier League and compete with higher transfer fees. Mark Attanasio is a clear sign that they've decided to bite the bullet on dealing with this.

But my general point is that few have much general interest in this side of things, or what the board thinks when things are good, as evidenced by the fact that hardly anybody took on board the implications of the original target of being a top 26 English club in the early days of the Webber/Farke era because they obviously hadn't listened to anything he had said on that score.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie
  • Thanks 1

On 17/11/2022 at 11:57, TIL 1010 said:

Might as well have not been as they never uttered a word.

She definitely uttered a word as she was chatting to you near the bar when i got in or should I say listening to you 🤣, Michael was patiently standing nearby waiting to move her on.

• Haha 1

On 16/11/2022 at 22:19, Captain Holt said:

Great reply. I was caring for my cancer-striken grandfather-in-law.

I've been with my cancer-stricken grandfather-in-law for the last 27 hours in hospital waiting for him to die, and that time has come. I really am very sorry to anyone who I've argued with on here over the last few weeks (months), life is too short for this crap. I offer you all actual love xx

Edited by Captain Holt
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Captain Holt said:

I've been with my cancer-stricken grandfather-in-law for the last 27 hours in hospital waiting for him to die, and that time has come. I really am very sorry to anyone who I've argued with on here over the last few weeks (months), life is too short for this crap. I offer you all actual love xx

So sorry, my friend. Even when you know it's coming, and knowing that you've made their passing a better experience for them, it still leaves its mark on you afterwards. Whatever you do, make sure you talk to people about it and seek out company.

Take care and well done for being there for him. xx

16 hours ago, Diane said:

She definitely uttered a word as she was chatting to you near the bar when i got in or should I say listening to you 🤣, Michael was patiently standing nearby waiting to move her on.

My 4th attempt via Delia at getting somesort of permanent recognition by the club for my good friend the late Roy Blower. The first time she was most positive and referred to him as'' dear Roy ' and told me that Ben Kensell would deal with the matter  but since then having seen him in his office and twice after he departed for Hibs speaking face to face with Zoe Webber plus also exchanging e-mails and telephone calls with her nothing has been achieved. That is wshy i was speaking to Delia yet again.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

My 4th attempt via Delia at getting somesort of permanent recvognition by the club for my good friend the late Roy Blower. The first time she was most positive and referred to him as'' dear Roy ' and told me that Ben Kensell would deal with the matter  but since then having seen him in his office and twice after he departed for Hibs speaking face to face with Zoe Webber plus also exchanging e-mails and telephone calls with her nothing has been achieved. That is wshy i was speaking to Delia yet again.

Well done on your perseverance on that one and quite right too. It would also have been good if the passing of 2 recent Supporters of the Year had been acknowledged at the AGM.  

If you don't want to call it disconnect then perhaps lack of responsiveness whilst officers seem to lack appropriate appreciation of community context.

16 hours ago, Diane said:

Delia did utter a word from behind the table at the AGM. It was along the lines of  if the recession had hit sooner, season ticket prices may not have been increased.