Captain Holt

Where Are You? Come On!

Where are you Delia Smith and Michael Wynn-Jones?

The bastions of decency, the ones who make us different, the ones who have dedicated their latter lives to making sure NCFC are different and special.

How do they feel about this current disconnect? This local media ban? These pathetic, insipid performances? These horrendous, self sabotaging decisions off the field?

Are they aware that some of their senior employees have undone years of hard work and are currently alienating an entire generation of fans?

Surely you want your Norwich back?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

They were at the AGM.  Where were you? 🙂

Great reply. I was caring for my cancer-striken grandfather-in-law.

1 minute ago, Captain Holt said:

No probs. It was documented on here that night if you missed the topic:

29 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

The bastions of decency, the ones who make us different, the ones who have dedicated their latter lives to making sure NCFC are different and special.

How do they feel about this current disconnect? This local media ban? These pathetic, insipid performances? These horrendous, self sabotaging decisions off the field?

Are they aware that some of their senior employees have undone years of hard work and are currently alienating an entire generation of fans?

They can't even stay awake for 90 minutes most weeks mate, I really wouldn't expect too much from them.

12 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Might as well have not been as they never uttered a word.

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You out fishing yet again Nutty ?

The ground bait just went in.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Might as well have not been as they never uttered a word.

Well they were in attendance during the Q&A that went on for over an hour.  If people wanted to raise such questions, they were available, and I presume accountable?  It's not like they've been hiding as the title suggests.

If OP is expecting Delia/MWJ to come out and undermine commitee decisions (that they're a part of), then I don't think they have a grasp on how things work.

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

Well they were in attendance during the Q&A that went on for over an hour.  If people wanted to raise such questions, they were available, and I presume accountable?  It's not like they've been hiding as the title suggests.

If OP is expecting Delia/MWJ to come out and undermine commitee decisions (that they're a part of), then I don't think they have a grasp on how things work.

So you think, as life-long fans on NCFC and custodians of our future, that they're on board with the last 12 months? I know they might be looking at taking a step back but we've rarely needed them more than now to have a say and use their position of authority.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

You out fishing yet again Nutty ?

Not really. I didn't think there was a ban. I thought the local media were welcome at Carrow Road and Colney? If not they must get past security easily🙃

6 hours ago, Captain Holt said:

So you think, as life-long fans on NCFC and custodians of our future, that they're on board with the last 12 months?

Well I've supported the club way beyond they took charge, and I'm still onboard and fully supporting it.  So yes, of course they are.... They're an integral part of it you big dummy.

I'm not happy with the breakdown with local media, player recruitment, appointment of Smith or matchday lethargy.  But fully appreciative that such decisions that have got us here are via a collective group of which Delia and MWJ are key components.  As are Adams, Webber, Smith, Zoe, Shakespeare and god knows who else.

This is the management they've entrusted,  You're asking where they are in this moment, and I explained they were available at the AGM.  If you want them to undermine the club by saying they're not happy with such breakdowns, is it not stating the bleeding obvious?

Unless you actually think that the likes of Adams, Webber and Zoe are somehow in glee on all these matters, and it's some kind of deliberate direction they're going against Delia and MWJ(?).

Archant knowingly broke a story against the clubs wishes.  If Delia and MWJ were to show any disappointment, I don't think it would be towards the clubs actions, but rather the situation they were put in.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Well I've supported the club way beyond they took charge, and I'm still onboard and fully supporting it.  So yes, of course they are.... They're an integral part of it you big dummy.

I'm not happy with the breakdown with local media, player recruitment, appointment of Smith or matchday lethargy.  But fully appreciative that such decisions that have got us here are via a collective group of which Delia and MWJ are key components.  As are Adams, Webber, Smith, Zoe, Shakespeare and god knows who else.

This is the management they've entrusted,  You're asking where they are in this moment, and I explained they were available at the AGM.  If you want them to undermine the club by saying they're not happy with such breakdowns, is it not stating the bleeding obvious?

Unless you actually think that the likes of Adams, Webber and Zoe are somehow in glee on all these matters, and it's some kind of deliberate direction they're going against Delia and MWJ(?).

Archant knowingly broke a story against the clubs wishes.  If Delia and MWJ were to show any disappointment, I don't think it would be towards the clubs actions, but rather the situation they were put in.

Why the insults? All I'm saying is, they can't be happy that fans are so disengaged - Delia is obsessed with fans and their experience and sat in the ACN lads front room. To go from that to utter disillusionment? 

1 hour ago, Captain Holt said:

All I'm saying is, they can't be happy that fans are so disengaged - Delia is obsessed with fans and their experience and sat in the ACN lads front room. To go from that to utter disillusionment? 

But what's good for the club is different to your own personal opinions and morals.  To come out and comment in a way that undermines decisions you've been a part of just isn't going to yield any positivity is it?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Google Bot said:

But what's good for the club is different to your own personal opinions and morals.  To come out and comment in a way that undermines decisions you've been a part of just isn't going to yield any positivity is it?

To change tact and admit decisions that have been made look wrong in hindsight might well do. Just an acknowledgement that they hear the fans and their concerns and they're concerned by the current mood has to be a first step?

On 16/11/2022 at 23:00, Captain Holt said:

On 16/11/2022 at 23:10, Google Bot said:

On 16/11/2022 at 23:19, Captain Holt said:

@Captain Holt, your grandfather is lucky to have you. However, using a personal tragedy to one-up and guilt trip someone on something unrelated when they would have no way of knowing about and would doubtless sympathise with is a bit off. Scratch the surface and I'm sure a lot of posters on here have had struggles of some sort in their lives that they don't use for flippant retorts.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Captain Holt said:

To change tact and admit decisions that have been made look wrong in hindsight might well do. Just an acknowledgement that they hear the fans and their concerns and they're concerned by the current mood has to be a first step?

I never get this desire for directors at the club to come out and speak at random intervals in the season. I certainly don't get what benefits it brings. Every time Delia comes out and speaks she's accused of only doing it for attention / ego or whatever anyway. There's just no value. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Holt said:

Just an acknowledgement that they hear the fans and their concerns and they're concerned by the current mood has to be a first step?

So if they take these first steps and publicly state that they have concerns and the current mood at the club is bad.  What should the second and third steps be?

Rebuild the relationship with the local media. Have Stuart Webber or an exec outline how we're trying to achieve what we're trying to achieve - what's the next 5 year plan? Considering the last one is now over and we're back where we were at the start of it. I don't want a miracle, I just want a bit of openess and the realisation that things like yellow-washing the AGM are not acceptable at our club. I can't see how anyone can disagree with any of this?

• Thanks 1

I've always supported Delia in the past when fans said she was a drag on our club or she was more interested in keeping control of the reins than in advancing NCFC. But this latest spell of our club's history has moved me to the dark side.

I don't want or expect Delia to come out making public statements about what is happening. But it is fair to expect her to do something to try to stop the rot that is getting deeper and deeper. She's the owner. If the buck doesn't stop with her, where does it stop? 

Once she was proud to meet fans and set up chances for this to happen; now she seems to accept that fans are **** on the club's shoes, an attitude for which we have to thank if-you-don't-like-it-go-and-support-another-club Webber. The whole set-up stinks from top to bottom. Delia needs to wrest back control if she really cares about our club.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

I've always supported Delia in the past when fans said she was a drag on our club or she was more interested in keeping control of the reins than in advancing NCFC. But this latest spell of our club's history has moved me to the dark side.

I don't want or expect Delia to come out making public statements about what is happening. But it is fair to expect her to do something to try to stop the rot that is getting deeper and deeper. She's the owner. If the buck doesn't stop with her, where does it stop? 

Once she was proud to meet fans and set up chances for this to happen; now she seems to accept that fans are **** on the club's shoes, an attitude for which we have to thank if-you-don't-like-it-go-and-support-another-club Webber. The whole set-up stinks from top to bottom. Delia needs to wrest back control if she really cares about our club.

What is this rot though? I don't see it? We're in and around where we're supposed to be in the table and the atmosphere at games away from home have been great all season whilst the home one's have improved over the last few weeks.

What is this rot?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

What is this rot though? I don't see it? We're in and around where we're supposed to be in the table and the atmosphere at games away from home have been great all season whilst the home one's have improved over the last few weeks.

What is this rot?!

This rot is a level of performance that has sometimes been dire and mostly been deeply uninspiring, with occasional twenty-minute bursts of football that could be described as 'good' but nothing better. This rot is being in roughly the same position as clubs like Millwall and Preston, who have squads which are much inferior to ours man for man. This rot is a state of simmering conflict between the club, the local media, and the fans. This rot is a feeling of apathy in which most fans don't even bother getting angry any more because they know they don't matter and the club doesn't care what they think as long as they keep buying their season tickets. This rot is PR puffery replacing honest communication. This is basically a fish rotting from the head.

It's not only where we are in the table, because in theory we're still close enough if we're good enough. It's the sense that nothing's going to improve because no one is taking responsibility and doing anything to make it improve. More of the same, so what's the point bothering?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Rebuild the relationship with the local media.

Delia's personal opinion could very well be one of disappointment towards Archant, though.  They're the ones who knowingly went against the clubs wishes to run a story.

19 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

what's the next 5 year plan? Considering the last one is now over and we're back where we were at the start of it.

Are we back at the start?  The size and financial reach of this club is around mid-table Championship and we're currently playoffs with the hope of kicking on after this break.  Unless I've missed something?

Certainly didn't have the expectation of winning the championship or getting promoted when Webber and Farke came in.

Neither did we have new investment likely to develop into a takeover.  Neither were our facilities at such a high standard, nor did we have an established manager currently building towards a more pragmatic approach to surviving in the prem league based on the knowledge we've have learnt in the past 4 seasons.

I certainly can't remember one of our forwards being in the World Cup 4 years ago, us fielding a Brazilian midfielder, or having multi-million players on loan to clubs like Galatasaray either.

We did have McNally getting drunk on social media giving his 'personal' opinions though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

Rebuild the relationship with the local media. Have Stuart Webber or an exec outline how we're trying to achieve what we're trying to achieve - what's the next 5 year plan? Considering the last one is now over and we're back where we were at the start of it. I don't want a miracle, I just want a bit of openess and the realisation that things like yellow-washing the AGM are not acceptable at our club. I can't see how anyone can disagree with any of this?

Mark Attanasio has already started this process as the fresh face in the club structure with considerable financial resources and no historical baggage.

12 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Delia's personal opinion could very well be one of disappointment towards Archant, though.  They're the ones who knowingly went against the clubs wishes to run a story.

You keep coming out with this claim, ignoring the fact that Archant are saying otherwise. The club says X, Archant says not-X, and you believe the club is telling the truth.

We don't know. That's the simple truth. We can each choose which side we want to believe. For example, if you ask me who would I trust most, Archant or Webber, I know where my trust would lie, and it wouldn't be with our climber. But it doesn't mean I'm right. Any more than your choice to believe the club means that you are right.

So please stop claiming that something is a fact when it isn't a fact.

Edited by canarybubbles

32 minutes ago, hogesar said:

What is this rot?!

Even you can’t believe the above surely? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Even you can’t believe the above surely? 

I dont believe the club is in 'a rot' because we've not performed as well as we'd like this season. It happens and is happening to loads of clubs this season but it doesn't mean the entire club is in a rot.

It's hyperbole.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I dont believe the club is in 'a rot' because we've not performed as well as we'd like this season. It happens and is happening to loads of clubs this season but it doesn't mean the entire club is in a rot.

It's hyperbole.

Spin it all you like, we were joint favourites to win this league but most would accept a play off place now. Norwich play well for 20/30 minutes most matches then go crap. The brief this season was promotion, anything else is failure.