Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

If you had to rehire any former Norwich manager...

2 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

There can be only one surely? The Messiah, aka Lambert

Did he not blot his copybook by going to the dark (blue) side?

pp018-norwich-v-ipswich42-770.jpg

Farke, and if he laughs at me, I'd go pay Lambert a visit.  If Lambert tells me to get f'd, I'd then try and unsettle/make life generally uncomfortable for Alex Neil so he becomes a free agent.

If all that doesn't work, I'd call back Dean and say there's been a dreadful admin error and that it was the Wood Smith that we meant to fire.

If he then say's we don't have a Wood Smith, and we must've meant him..... Then... i'd... urm... jump out through the window to escape!

If the room was only on the ground floor, I'd then pretend to do star jumps as it was time for my morning exercise drill and try to beckon him outside.

If all else fails and he looks angry, I'll try the ol' "going down with cramp" move to see if I can score some sympathy.  Yelling in pain, crying, saying I didn't know his name was Dean, thought he was 'Woody'.

If still managerless at that point, I'd steal a bike and pedal full speed up mousehold, probably get tired around Zak's,  So would climb that (Webber-style), sit atop and yell "AANNNNNYYYYYOOONNNEE?"

TL;DR:  Anyone.

• Haha 2

Wow, we have had some bad managers over the years.....! I'd go with O'Neill as long as he doesn't bring Roy Keane with him.

32 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Paul Lambert.

The 52-year-old has been out of work since leaving Ipswich in 2021 but still harbours a desire to make a difference in the dugout. (6 de nov. de 2022)

It ain't gonna happen, but I'm still hoping against hope that Farke comes back as DoF.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sooty57 said:

Going purely on the stats, I'd go for John Faulkner - an impeccable win rate of 100% 😄

I thought he was dead?

6 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

There can be only one surely? The Messiah, aka Lambert

6 hours ago, Sooty57 said:

Did he not blot his copybook by going to the dark (blue) side?

pp018-norwich-v-ipswich42-770.jpg

I didn't mind the Ipswich business to be honest. He's a professional and it was a job.

I would not want Lambert to come back; there's too much risk of spoiling a great story in the club's history.

I think I'd be quite interested to see how Alex Neil would do these days.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Is it like at their peak for us? If so Dave Stringer or Mike Walker closely followed by Lambert…..Stringer was superb he set us up for Walker to push forwards, had he not ****ed off to Everton, I wonder where we might have gone!

Note first stint of Walker. 😂👍

Edited by Indy

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Mike Bassett

I could have put money on you saying that! 👍

4 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I'd take a gamble on Alan Irvine who was only here for a couple of months between Alex Neil and Daniel Farke.

He was a steady hand who seems to calm things down and enjoyed a 50% win rate in his ten games in charge.

Yeah but that's because he already knew all the players, what they could do, and they knew him, as an internal appointment.

This is a completely different scenario.