Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Minutes Of Latest OSP Meeting 1st November.

34 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

"...for the wider fanbase to know the Panel exists and is of value."

I have never heard of this panel before.

What is it? Who sits on it? And how did they get onto it?

https://www.canaries.co.uk/club/supporter-panel

We were voted onto it by fellow supporters in spring/summer 2021. All the meeting minutes are on that page if you're having trouble sleeping... 🙂 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That must be painful to keep repeating. I couldn’t do it even if I could do it. I’ll view us at Coventry in January and pop over to Norfolk early spring. I’m more looking forward to a jolly pub crawl though than viewing the action on the pitch. 

It’s almost a habit nowadays…I have my son with me so we barely notice that it writes off the entire day. Perhaps we should find something better to do with our time?!

Re the goings-on at the club, it does seem there’s an almost strange focus on just about anything and everything at the moment, much of which would have gone by with barely a blink had we been going well on the pitch.  But it is what it is.  In terms of Smith I thought him a decent appointment but don’t think anyone would be complaining that much if he got the boot.  We just don’t seem particularly ‘inspired/inspiring’, which is disappointing.  But while he’s here you have to support the side and hope it improves, if it does we all win. 

20 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

https://www.canaries.co.uk/club/supporter-panel

We were voted onto it by fellow supporters in spring/summer 2021. All the meeting minutes are on that page if you're having trouble sleeping... 🙂 

Thanks, Wolfie.

We were playing behind closed doors in Spring/Summer 2021. So who voted and how was it organised? (Just curious)

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

OMG - I think Norwich must be running out of trees, what with all these sticks being used to beat the club with.  Is there anything the club is doing that meets with approval at the moment?! 

Cannot think of anything..............

8 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Thanks, Wolfie.

We were playing behind closed doors in Spring/Summer 2021. So who voted and how was it organised? (Just curious)

The club posted an article on its website asking for fans to volunteer to be members of the first Official Supporters Panel. I was one of those fans. The club then put all the volunteers to a public vote, and the 12 with the most votes (including me) were elected to the panel.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Re the goings-on at the club, it does seem there’s an almost strange focus on just about anything and everything at the moment, much of which would have gone by with barely a blink had we been going well on the pitch

I see that some are outraged because Smith went to Fakenham races yesterday and apparently has a share in a horse

edit- just seen post lower down the page

Edited by FenwayFrank

56 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I see that some are outraged because Smith went to Fakenham races yesterday and apparently has a share in a horse

edit- just seen post lower down the page

You mean this one and i am struggling to subscribe to your view that ' some are outraged '.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

The club posted an article on its website asking for fans to volunteer to be members of the first Official Supporters Panel. I was one of those fans. The club then put all the volunteers to a public vote, and the 12 with the most votes (including me) were elected to the panel.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

There were over 100 fans who put their names forward. The Club reduced these to under 20 before the public vote. 

• Thanks 1

The sensible point on these Minutes has to be the one about supporter roadshows.

It would be good if we could have one in England preferably in Norfolk and before any decision is made on season ticket prices.

Delia was apparently in favour at the AGM so maybe.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

There were over 100 fans who put their names forward. The Club reduced these to under 20 before the public vote. 

Fair comment, Essex. I do recall the club mentioning at some point how many people had applied (although I can't remember the number, so I'll take your word for it), and they did 'whittle down' the applicants for the public vote. Given the demographics of the fanbase and those who applied, though, I would imagine that this 'whittling' was done with a view to ensuring the panel could have enough diversity to represent as many social groups as possible. I feel extra lucky to have been voted on, given that I fit snugly into the 'stale, male and pale' category... 😉

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Fair comment, Essex. I do recall the club mentioning at some point how many people had applied (although I can't remember the number, so I'll take your word for it), and they did 'whittle down' the applicants for the public vote. Given the demographics of the fanbase and those who applied, though, I would imagine that this 'whittling' was done with a view to ensuring the panel could have enough diversity to represent as many social groups as possible. I feel extra lucky to have been voted on, given that I fit snugly into the 'stale, male and pale' category... 😉

PUPs immediately passed the selection criteria🙃👍

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

You mean this one and i am struggling to subscribe to your view that ' some are outraged '.

Perhaps that’s because you jumped to the conclusion that I meant this forum 😉

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Perhaps that’s because you jumped to the conclusion that I meant this forum 😉

I made that conclusion based on your post so maybe it would have helped if you had said that you saw some are enraged elsewhere or on another forum.

49 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I made that conclusion based on your post so maybe it would have helped if you had said that you saw some are enraged elsewhere or on another forum.

When Mrs Til puts your tea on the table does she have explain where the taters came from ? 😜

40 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

When Mrs Til puts your tea on the table does she have explain where the taters came from ? 😜

No because i do all the shopping.

22 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Two meetings ago with items on the Crouch Report and rhe meaning of a Community Club, the OSP Minutes started to get interesting. Then those items haven't been revisited. Cambridge United have set up their Shadow Board in line with Crouch recommendations.

As the current Minutes note the Canaries Trust seem to do more project work with the Club. Advancement of facilities for females being a great example. Perhaps they don't meet the Club's expectations on diversity?

I guess the Club won't have appraised OSP members about the issues discussed at footballs highest attended AGM anymore than they have done for the rest of the supporter base.

Just a belief that was is really needed is a proposal for supporter engagement across the board that is clearly understandable, representative and perhaps even leading edge as it should be for a Club such as NCFC.

13 hours ago, Greavsy said:

M&S Surely Tilly? 😛 

With my Sparks card and M&S credit card Greavsy but i tend to stick to Rampant Horse Street or Longwater where the staff are marvellous

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

With my Sparks card and M&S credit card Greavsy but i tend to stick to Rampant Horse Street or Longwater where the staff are marvellous

I have it on good authority that you’re an Aldi man…

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leedscanary said:

Good community man who supports his local Larkman store👍

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Leedscanary said:

Have a word with yourself you gravy swilling Northerner and pay no regard to what that chap who lives in Mile Cross has to say.

This is not meant as a criticism of the panel members and I’m sure some good work has been done but I do have a slight fear that this panel primarily exists so that the powers at be at the club can tick s box and point to its existence rather than due to a genuine desire for the panel to shape future decisions and policies. I hope I am proven wrong in that. if all the big decisions that influence the supporter experience are just going to be made regardless of panel opinion then a small change in runout music makes sod all difference. 

• Like 1

Some of the stuff hurled at the Supp Panel on twitter and facebook has been really horrible.

Think people forget they are all volunteers, all nominated & picked by us fans.

Some of the informal discussions they had at that meeting, for example re rotating the panel members shouldnt have been documented in the minutes

• Like 1