Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

World Cup Competition

I did them all at the start, but gave hem a quick update.  Oddly enough, I appear to have gone for completely different results on the Sky 6 thing…which is weird.

If you’d asked me to guess the two I thought most likely to be wrong, the Germany and Argentina ones would not have been them!

8 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I did them all at the start, but gave hem a quick update.  Oddly enough, I appear to have gone for completely different results on the Sky 6 thing…which is weird.

That's like betting on Norwich to lose so you can have something to enjoy no matter what.

• Like 1

Reminder that the 3rd Round of group games starts tomorrow. Round 2 has been difficult so where one picker gains in one game fails back in another so currently @Aggy maintains his lead.

• Like 2

Well it's been a tough round except for our leader Aggy who scored 9 out of 16 and has extended his lead to 4 points. Well done Aggy! Less success for the draw callers this time, but with so many upsets going for the favourites is not paying off either.

Still to enter 3rd Round Tips for 3pm today -  Elbrow, @hepphep, @NFN FC, @twidio and @shefcanary

22 Points - @Aggy

18 Points - @nutty nigel, @Branston Pickle

17 Points - @Peregrine Shorts - Excellent round

16 Points -  @Keyneton Canary, @Elbrow

15 Points - @NFN FC, @KiwiScot

14 Points - @twidio

13 Points - @shefcanary

7 Points - @hepphep

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Like 1

Will soon be time to do the first knock-out round.  I didn’t read the point scoring system…me and Eddie have 10 out of the 16 predictions right but seem to still be trailing Aggy on 9 , I’m happy enough with that 🙂.

1 hour ago, Branston Pickle said:

Will soon be time to do the first knock-out round.  I didn’t read the point scoring system…me and Eddie have 10 out of the 16 predictions right but seem to still be trailing Aggy on 9 , I’m happy enough with that 🙂.

Yes time to enter tips for the last 16 round and the website is now live so we can enter our picks. No draws allowed.

Well Branston with the group games over you and Nutty have gained one more point than Aggy in this round and closed the gap overall on him to 3 points. Aggy is doing some mighty work and it's proving difficult for everyone to hold onto him, but Branston and Nutty are holding strong and still might catch him. Here's the leaderboard after the first 3 rounds!

31 pts - @Aggy

28 pts - @Branston Pickle, @nutty nigel

24 pts - @Peregrine Shorts

21 pts - @Keyneton Canary

20 pts - Me

19 pts - @shefcanary, @twidio

18 pts - @NFN FC

16 pts - Elbrow

7 pts - Hepphep

Edited by KiwiScot

Cool, will start predicting. The Sky Super 6 thing is up as well, it seems to be matches from Sunday, though I think that’s predictions for the score at 90 mins (if anyone knows better please shout as I’ve predicted a draw for Japan v Croatia!).

17 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Cool, will start predicting. The Sky Super 6 thing is up as well, it seems to be matches from Sunday, though I think that’s predictions for the score at 90 mins (if anyone knows better please shout as I’ve predicted a draw for Japan v Croatia!).

Talking in regard to this comp it's win only. If the website gave the option for a draw double check it as it might not have saved that tip.

10 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

We need to find any surprises to have a chance of catching Aggy🙃

It's good fun though.👍

I fancy a few surprises this round so all up for grabs!

Alright chaps let's get tips entered for the Qtr Finals.

Now with only 8 games left @Aggy has been untouchable ever since the 2nd round of group games and this round has extended his lead to 4 points! @Branston Pickle in 2nd has 2 points on @nutty nigel who is has one eye over his shoulder at @Peregrine Shorts who is only 1 point behind him.

Between 4th and 5th there is a 5 point gap so our current leader for "Best of The Rest" is @Keyneton Canary

Best of Luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tips in chaps.

Well England are out which is a shame, but there is still 4 games to go in the Comp but time to celebrate as our leader @aggy has a 6 point lead so has won with 2 rounds to spare.

Well done Aggy! index.jpg.0a9f914807ef79a93e5e75b4e3288d95.jpg

Now @nutty nigel has offered a prize as such for 1st and 2nd which is getting into the hotseat in selecting Norwich Match Picks in his weekly charity raising thread(date to be arranged with Nutty). Basically turn up read suggestions in the thread and pick 10 and Nutty takes it from there. Everyone is welcome to come post suggestions though and a good way to quickly get involved is read a couple of suggestions made already and choose one of them.

This raises money for the https://www.communitysportsfoundation.org.uk/

Now onto the battle for 2nd!

@Branston Pickle v @nutty nigel on 34 points with a chance of @Peregrine Shorts on 32 points

Now for Best Of The Rest(aka 5th place)

@Keyneton Canary has a 1 point lead over @KiwiScot with @shefcanary chasing 3 points behind Keyneton.

Tips in for the final and the 3rd place play off chaps

Alright Branston and Nutty neck and neck on 36 points for 2nd place with Peregrine Short an outside bet being 2 behind

Well thanks again for taking part in the comp here are the final results

1st  - @Aggy - 43 results out of 64 predicted! - Fearless.

2nd - @Branston Pickle - 37 Points with a margin of 10

Both Aggy and Branston win a chance to pick Norwich matchs in the weekly Rays Funds. It's run by Nutty Nigel so he will be in touch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3rd - @nutty nigel - 37 Points with a margin of 13

Now Branston and Nutty have equal points so I turned on the margins with the lower the margin the better. They are from the 1st game in each round where you said your team would win by 1 or 2 goals etc.

4th - @Peregrine Shorts - 35 Points

5th - @Keyneton Canary - 30 Points - And Best Of The Rest

6th - @KiwiScot - 29 Points

7th - @shefcanary - 27 Points

8th - @NFN FC - 24 Points

9th - @twidio - 19 Points

10th - Elbrow - 16 Points

11th - @hepphep - 7 Points

Thanks again everyone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Thanks for hosting @KiwiScot. Same thing in 4 years time?

Probably although depends on the website.  I had 2-3 of 2018s lot wanting to join again, but because they'd not logged in in 4 yrs the websites T&Cs had changed and they were frozen out.

@Peregrine Shorts your welcome

On 11/12/2022 at 08:11, KiwiScot said:

Tips in chaps.

Well England are out which is a shame, but there is still 4 games to go in the Comp but time to celebrate as our leader @aggy has a 6 point lead so has won with 2 rounds to spare.

Well done Aggy! index.jpg.0a9f914807ef79a93e5e75b4e3288d95.jpg

Now @nutty nigel has offered a prize as such for 1st and 2nd which is getting into the hotseat in selecting Norwich Match Picks in his weekly charity raising thread(date to be arranged with Nutty). Basically turn up read suggestions in the thread and pick 10 and Nutty takes it from there. Everyone is welcome to come post suggestions though and a good way to quickly get involved is read a couple of suggestions made already and choose one of them.

This raises money for the https://www.communitysportsfoundation.org.uk/

Now onto the battle for 2nd!

@Branston Pickle v @nutty nigel on 34 points with a chance of @Peregrine Shorts on 32 points

Now for Best Of The Rest(aka 5th place)

@Keyneton Canary has a 1 point lead over @KiwiScot with @shefcanary chasing 3 points behind Keyneton.

Thanks for doing this again @KiwiScot It was fun 👍

@Aggy and @Branston Pickle you have pms.

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Thanks for doing this again @KiwiScot It was fun 👍

@Aggy and @Branston Pickle you have pms.

Yes thanks kiwi - a good comp and a bit different to fantasy football!

Thanks nutty just seen it

• Like 1