Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

World Cup Competition

I did a competition 4 years ago and a few people joined up. No entry fee, no prizes, not for charity. Just for some fun and bragging rights. You select who will win each match and whoever gets most correct wins.

https://www.footytips.com.au/competitions/?competitionId=787898 - Password is canaries

Guide is here which is important to read if taking part.

Footy Tipping Guide.pdfThis does seem to be downloading for anyone so I've pasted it later on in the thread

image.png.6cd0394d90ef5249e74c7192a379b5f4.png

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, shefcanary said:

I think I've figured out how to join. 

You have indeed. Welcome aboard.

• Like 1

Another joined up and now got the same number as last time I did this. Last times champ is no longer active on the board which is a shame

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Tried and failed to get those instructions and no joy, it’s a random old site so hard to work out what’s what without them.

Sodding Pink Un forum I wondered why no one had downloaded it. Worked fine when I originally posted. Copy and Paste time. I'll also PM you the pdf.

Tipping Website Guide - Pick what is called a "Tip" on who wins(or draws) each game and whoever has the most correct Tips wins. No money, No prizes involved. So if you want to join feel free and post in the forum letting me know your username on the website.

1:Start

Register on the site and go to the comp and join. Password is canaries

https://www.footytips.com.au/competitions/?competitionId=787898

You will asked if admin(me) can edit/enter your tips, whether I can see your email address and some question about newsfeed activity.I generally say no to all of this.

2:How to Enter you Tips

The comp has 7 rounds with 3 for the group stage and rest from the knockouts

From the main page you can select "Competitions" to go to the comp page and there look for the red button "Tip Now!".

image.png.2da167f5a1600288ef69da72b62b9db6.png

You will be show a layout which is for the 1st round of group matches. It's important no matter how many selections you make you need to scroll down and click "Submit Tips." Do this for each round individually and don't fill in all the rounds first then submit tips as it won't save them all. An annoying feature of the website

Here as an example i've selected Brazil to beat Serbia, but I'll need to submit tips to save it.

image.png.952acaa6366e3344853dedf9ff3e18c0.png

3:The Margin

A feature of the website I've disabled for this comp as it doen't work so well in football(It's an aussie rules based website essentially). You will still get them asked for though at the 1st game of every round and you'll see a "By what margin?" bit so fill it in, but it won't count.

4:Ladder/Leaderboard

League Table basically. Interesting feature is when the game has kicked off it displays everybody selections as a flag for the country they've selected

5:Remember - Don't Forget To Enter Your Tips

Particular for the next rounds remembering to select and "Submit Tips" one round at a time. The link to navigate to the next round does not stand out well so people can miss it.Below is what you are looking for.

image.png.9d9f6b9b02653d543ccee5eefddcb9ee.png

3 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

Struggling to get on, I’ll try again later when I’ve got a bit more time

Aye because you've played before and not accessed it's account in 4 years you might not be able to get in. I was fine for some reason, but nutty essentially was locked out with it going account errors. He ended up using a different email on a different browser. Seems an effort to far to ask people in my opinion.

Alright and we're off. Thanks to the happy band of 10 who have joined up.I'll post who they are later on , but the predication is a mixed  bag

image.png.d592394a0c5248bc54f6067869121b38.png

Still getting told there’s an issue with my account, can’t be bothered now which means someone else will have to finish bottom 😁

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Still getting told there’s an issue with my account, can’t be bothered now which means someone else will have to finish bottom 😁

Aye that website has let me down. Here's something for taking part 4 yrs ago

You've been using wooden spoons wrong – you need to oil them - Daily Star

• Haha 1

Well yours truely thought he'd picked Ecuador to win, but I'd choosen Qatar. Oops. Still time to join folks as you are only 1 point behind.Big thanks to the following for joining. Six of you lead the way.

Branston Pickle
Aggy
Twidio
Shef Canary
Keyneton Canary
Nutty Nigel
NFN FC
Hepphep
Peregrine Shorts
Kiwiscot

• Thanks 1

Just to remind people in the comp to read the guide I've posted halfway through the thread as the forum has some issue where you can't download attachments and that means people would not have add access.

Main thing to take away is finding the button on the website to select tips for round 2 and 3 of the group games and needing to save selections in each round before starting selections in another round

We've got an 11th player in the comp Elbrow whose handle on here I'm not sure. He registered on the website and selected picks from the beginning, but didn't actually join the comp till after the Wales game so he's accured points from the first 4 games. I'm ok with that. Welcome aboard!

Well after 8 games I'm impressed with solid picking and we have @Aggy leading the way on 7 points chased by @nutty nigel on 6 points with the rest of the pack mostly on 5 points

• Like 1

Just a reminder to enter tips for Round 2 of the group games as  today is the last day of Round 1 with Round 2 starting tomorrow. If you're unsure there is a guide to help halfway down the thread, but you're looking for a link saying Round 2 to the upper right of the selections page. Remember to save each round individually before moving to the next round.

• Thanks 1

Round 1 of the group games and it's been the tippers whose called the draws that made the difference. Out of 16 games we have Aggy leading on 13 points chased by Nutty Nigel on 12 points. Great picking Guys

13 Points - @Aggy

12 Points - @nutty nigel

11 Points - @Keyneton Canary, @Branston Pickle

10 Points - @twidio, @Elbrow

9 Points - @Peregrine Shorts, @NFN FC

8 Points - @KiwiScot

7 Points - @hepphep, @shefcanary

Remember to get in your picks for Round 2 starting tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1