Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

A PR Masterclass From Canaries State TV.

28 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

You can put a goat in a dress but it’s still just a goat 

A better metaphor would be you can optimise the suspension on a car and tune the engine with a measurable improvement in performance, but it's still the same car.

10 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

A better metaphor would be you can optimise the suspension on a car and tune the engine with a measurable improvement in performance, but it's still the same car.

That’s the equivalent of not being able to polish a turd but rolling it in glitter 

7 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I think this is spot on. Attanasio has already demonstrated his temperament to be a cautious, considered one; he is not someone who will push for change without knowing the full implications and responses. Despite our results, there are signs in games that some things are improving. Smith's use of Ramsey is a key indicator - why him and not Cantwell? Because Ramsey's numbers are better I suspect, and eventually it will work - as shown by his recent goal involvements which put Cantwells into shade.

If we are going more down the data route though, we need to stop buying players who are injured. A fit and firing Sara and Hayden from game one may have made all the difference. And we need more on field leadership. 

Yes, but a fit and firing Hayden from game one would have come with a substantially larger price tag. The way things are going, it looks to me that they're getting up to speed in time to leave us on the right side of the line at the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

That’s the equivalent of not being able to polish a turd but rolling it in glitter 

Curious that all of your metaphors seem to relate to the superficial rather than the substantial.

Incidentally, the trick to polishing a turd is to cool it enough that it becomes solid.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

31 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Curious that all of your metaphors seem to relate to the superficial rather than the substantial.

Incidentally, the trick to polishing a turd is to cool it enough that it becomes solid.

Out of interest what comedians do you enjoy? 

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

I think this is spot on. Attanasio has already demonstrated his temperament to be a cautious, considered one; he is not someone who will push for change without knowing the full implications and responses

I think they've been really clever with the "How can we help?" positioning too, it's a great way of getting involved but without appearing to step on toes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Out of interest what comedians do you enjoy? 

Cor, that's a good question.

Jack Dee; Henning Wehn; Morecambe and Wise; Eddie Izzard; Nina Conti; Steve Martin; Trevor Noah; Michael McIntyre. Probably missed some, but they all spring to mind as ones that have really got me corpsing in the past.

6 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I do not see the need for the personal animosity towards Smith. I don’t think it’s working and I think we need to make a change now. I’m frustrated that our club will once again not need to be done when it needs to be done in order to try snd compete this season.

However I don’t know anyone who has met Dean Smith who doesn’t say that he’s a decent bloke. I know the staff at Colney like him. He may be failing but there is no need for the personal hatred towards him I’m seeing in some quarters. 

Completely agree.

Those calling him a clown and other names (much worse on social media) need to have a look at themselves.

48 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Jack Dee; Henning Wehn; Morecambe and Wise; Eddie Izzard; Nina Conti; Steve Martin; Trevor Noah; Michael McIntyre. Probably missed some, but they all spring to mind as ones that have really got me corpsing in the past.

Some nice choices there Three Amigos with Steve Martin is such a great movie 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Completely agree.

Those calling him a clown and other names (much worse on social media) need to have a look at themselves.

A clown is funny and some of the stuff that Dean Smith comes out with is hilarious.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

A clown is funny and some of the stuff that Dean Smith comes out with is hilarious.

I think calling him a clown is actually fairly civil compared to what other ex managers have been called 

21 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

George Burley was the clown...

I thought he was a daydream believer ?

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I thought he was a daydream believer ?

Both!

Bring back the old songs...

🎵Black is Black, we want Ron Davies back...

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Both!

Bring back the old songs...

🎵Black is Black, we want Ron Davies back...

Oh for the days when Keelan was better than Yashin and Bryceland was better than Eusabio but even then the Scum were in for a thrashing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm looking foreward to another hike in season ticket prices so we can all see what a 'step backwards to move forwards' looks like. I've already seen that, and it looked like League One.

Surely they wouldn’t dare ?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Except that the expectation of England is far less than it is of us.

It was important we got something from the Boro game before the players went on their jolly. Another miserable defeat after a shocking 2nd half performance means we now have a month to 'stew' on this.

Had we won perhaps we could have gotten behind Smith more, but unfortunately this period of inconsistency just goes on and on.

It's a consistently poor watch. 

16 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oh for the days when Keelan was better than Yashin and Bryceland was better than Eusabio but even then the Scum were in for a thrashing.

Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankly

21 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Well indeed you do have some good taste in comedians……I can add Ricky Gervais to that list LYB.

• Like 1