Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

A PR Masterclass From Canaries State TV.

May be an image of 1 person

Plastered today on the Club official Facedbook page i assume to ' celebrate ' this clowns one year anniversary since being appointed.

Little wonder they do not see a disconnect with the fans.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 2

Isn't that the picture from Deano taking over a year ago today? How is that a disconnect?

Edited by nutty nigel

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Isn't that the picture from Deano taking over a year ago today? How is that a disconnect?

Of course it was taken a year ago because if it was taken recently his hands would be in his pockets.

Apart from that not too sure if you are being serious or out fishing this morning ?

• Haha 1

It's the Facebook page. Like everyone on Facebook annual memories come up. It's not like they went to North Korea so Alice Piper could do an interview...

😯🙃

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I think the disconnect he would mean it’s it’s a little out of touch given he’s seriously been criticised from the fan base for his performance as manager. 

on a side not when I first saw it I thought it was us sacking him so had got my hopes up only to be disappointed it was an anniversary post. 

Edited by By Hook or Ian crook
Spelling mistakes
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

It's the Facebook page. Like everyone on Facebook annual memories come up. It's not like they went to North Korea so Alice Piper could do an interview...

😯🙃

Good effort but it was not published as a Facebook Memory from a year ago or whatever year.

4/10.

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

Pinkun did that.

Sobering reading that even Canaries State TV would not broadcast.

18 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It's going to be a long month...

A REALLY long month if this is what we have to look forward to..

18 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Pinkun did that.

He's done really well, nearly 'not losing' as many games as he's lost.

I do not see the need for the personal animosity towards Smith. I don’t think it’s working and I think we need to make a change now. I’m frustrated that our club will once again not need to be done when it needs to be done in order to try snd compete this season.

However I don’t know anyone who has met Dean Smith who doesn’t say that he’s a decent bloke. I know the staff at Colney like him. He may be failing but there is no need for the personal hatred towards him I’m seeing in some quarters. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

It would have been better if there was a caption that read

Nonetheless, we would like to thank Dean and Craig for their hard work over the last 12 months and wish them well in the future wherever that is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

How very dare you. Unless the picture had an axe next to it some aren’t interested.  But the fact remains he’s in the job and has done a year in it.  It isn’t that unusual for something like this to be posted.

Quite why people need to do personal animosity on anything and everything is just up to their ‘character’ I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

How very dare you. Unless the picture had an axe next to it some aren’t interested.  But the fact remains he’s in the job and has done a year in it.  It isn’t that unusual for something like this to be posted.

Quite why people need to do personal animosity on anything and everything is just up to their ‘character’ I suppose.

Imagine going all in on smith and the clowns who run the club 🤦‍♂️ 

it’s been obvious since the cup of tea on the touchline

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

I do not see the need for the personal animosity towards Smith. I don’t think it’s working and I think we need to make a change now. I’m frustrated that our club will once again not need to be done when it needs to be done in order to try snd compete this season.

However I don’t know anyone who has met Dean Smith who doesn’t say that he’s a decent bloke. I know the staff at Colney like him. He may be failing but there is no need for the personal hatred towards him I’m seeing in some quarters. 

Very well said. 

Just wanted to repost something that I posted on the Attanasios interview thread, as I think it's relevant here:

Interesting that [the Attanasios] specifically mentioned their analytics templates and team at the Brewers as being one area where Stuart Webber wanted to tap into their expertise and get them actively involved.

Also interesting to note that the first football club in the UK to fully embrace the 'Moneyball' philosophy was Brentford under Matthew Benham... and who spent three years implementing that philosophy on the pitch? Dean Smith.

I think it's likely that unless results fall off a cliff and we end up in the bottom half, they'll do everything they can to keep hold of our Deano. There may well be at least a season of transition before we see ourselves back on an upward curve. My guess would be that when they talk about 'patience' towards the end of the video, that's basically shorthand for 'we're going to stick with this manager and see if we can give him extra weapons and expertise to help him'.

I've made my personal stance on Dean Smith very clear on here, but I think we need to realise that the club are very much planning to stick with him. Do we as a fanbase grudgingly accept that and try our best to get behind the team, or continue to make matchdays toxic until the club feels compelled to act? That's the real question here.

With the Attanasios seemingly a big part of the club's future, I feel a little more able to put up with the poor performances as part of a 'transitional period' for the club, with the caveat that if results and performances continue to suffer and we slip out of the playoffs, I expect the fans to turn and try to make Deano's position untenable.

• Like 2

Just now, Feedthewolf said:

Just wanted to repost something that I posted on the Attanasios interview thread, as I think it's relevant here:

Interesting that [the Attanasios] specifically mentioned their analytics templates and team at the Brewers as being one area where Stuart Webber wanted to tap into their expertise and get them actively involved.

Also interesting to note that the first football club in the UK to fully embrace the 'Moneyball' philosophy was Brentford under Matthew Benham... and who spent three years implementing that philosophy on the pitch? Dean Smith.

I think it's likely that unless results fall off a cliff and we end up in the bottom half, they'll do everything they can to keep hold of our Deano. There may well be at least a season of transition before we see ourselves back on an upward curve. My guess would be that when they talk about 'patience' towards the end of the video, that's basically shorthand for 'we're going to stick with this manager and see if we can give him extra weapons and expertise to help him'.

I've made my personal stance on Dean Smith very clear on here, but I think we need to realise that the club are very much planning to stick with him. Do we as a fanbase grudgingly accept that and try our best to get behind the team, or continue to make matchdays toxic until the club feels compelled to act? That's the real question here.

With the Attanasios seemingly a big part of the club's future, I feel a little more able to put up with the poor performances as part of a 'transitional period' for the club, with the caveat that if results and performances continue to suffer and we slip out of the playoffs, I expect the fans to turn and try to make Deano's position untenable.

I vote toxic. The clubs public perception is the only thing we can attack. They will throw the fanbase under the bus and accuse us all of being every “ism” you can imagine but the future of the club is at stake.

No other club would just “accept” failure because the board say so. We shouldn’t either.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Imagine going all in on smith and the clowns who run the club 🤦‍♂️ 

it’s been obvious since the cup of tea on the touchline

As ever you make very little sense.  

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

With the Attanasios seemingly a big part of the club's future, I feel a little more able to put up with the poor performances as part of a 'transitional period' for the club, with the caveat that if results and performances continue to suffer and we slip out of the playoffs, I expect the fans to turn and try to make Deano's position untenable

I think this is an excellent point. But if this is to be a transitional period, rather than throwing everything we have at promotion, the club definitely needs to up its communication, as they did at the start of the SW/DF era. Obviously not everyone was on board, but the club was really clear that they were trying to build something new. If we're doing that again, let's be bold and unashamed about it.

Attanasio actually used the phrase 'take a step back to take two forward' in that TNC video. If that's what we're really doing, it needs explaining. In theory I'm ok with it, since our last two PL seasons made it clear we need to do something differently. But at the moment I'm really struggling to see what we are trying to transition towards. As Attanasio also said, taking a step back can also induce a downward spiral...

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

That all makes sense - other than the ‘continue to make matchdays toxic’ as I’ve seen little of that. Oddly the atmosphere on Saturday was one of the better until the end.