Sign in to follow this  
canarybubbles

In an alternative universe ...

Webber has spent the last couple of weeks having off-the-record chats with potential managers to replace Smith and has reached a gentleman's agreement with someone more inspiring, Smith is sacked today, the new manager joins the players in Tampa, and has three weeks to work with them and pass on his vision.

In our universe, Webber has been buying his mountaineering gear, Smith has been buying dollars, Delia's in her wine cellar, and the club has been finalising two more codes of conduct for fans who ask awkward questions and aren't decorous enough during match days.

• Haha 3

The Alternative universe where Webber got sacked at Brentford instead of Farke and, yeah, we still went down but we had a plan and a direction to aim at.

• Haha 1

Webber is no longer the asset to this Club that Delia believes he is. I would propose that he is now a liability. Leaving Dean Smith in charge while going to climb a hill is a dereliction of duty , it is a shameful abrogation of his responsibilities. Keep the status quo and this Club will be mid table mediocrity. This farce has been going on for 12 months since Dean Smith was appointed , stats do not lie, he has a win rate worse than Glenn  Roeder. And yet Webber continues with the insanity of trying the same thing and hoping for a different outcome. Madness. 

Edited by kenfoggo
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

The Alternative universe where Webber got sacked at Brentford instead of Farke and, yeah, we still went down but we had a plan and a direction to aim at.

That Farke plan to go up then straight back down for a third time?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Fulham have had to do it. This is their third season in the last 5 in the top tier and they look much more competitive this time around. We shouldn’t kid ourselves though that at this moment in time we are a yo-yo club. The only manager to keep us up in the last 20 years is Lambert. 

11 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Fulham have had to do it. This is their third season in the last 5 in the top tier and they look much more competitive this time around. We shouldn’t kid ourselves though that at this moment in time we are a yo-yo club. The only manager to keep us up in the last 20 years is Lambert. 

*cough* Hughton *cough*

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

*cough* Hughton *cough*

We were already a premiership side when he took over Lambert kept us up all Hughton did  was maintained the status quo with lamberts side that he took over but when it came to building his own side failed miserably. I would argue Hughton had the easiest task of any Norwich manager prior to smith this season given the money available to him at the time and our playing squad. 

Unfortunately in an alternative universe Canaries State TV presented by Comrade Dan Houlker will still be pumping out it's propaganda that all is well and the special operation is going to plan.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Unfortunately in an alternative universe Canaries State TV presented by Comrade Dan Houlker will still be pumping out it's propaganda that all is well and the special operation is going to plan.

Classic!! My thoughts concur exactly.

4 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Webber has spent the last couple of weeks having off-the-record chats with potential managers to replace Smith and has reached a gentleman's agreement with someone more inspiring, Smith is sacked today, the new manager joins the players in Tampa, and has three weeks to work with them and pass on his vision.

In our universe, Webber has been buying his mountaineering gear, Smith has been buying dollars, Delia's in her wine cellar, and the club has been finalising two more codes of conduct for fans who ask awkward questions and aren't decorous enough during match days.

You are very perceptive and clearly know the club very well! The bit in italics is very pertinent. That guy they paraded in front of a camera to deny any 'disconnect' was a clear case in point as is (of course) the absurd banning of the local media.  

Unfortunately we know that it could be many months before any action is taken re D Smith (manager). Only when it's mathematically impossible to at least reach the play offs might the 'powers that be' decide that something needs to be done. Bet we'll get the blame though for 'creating a poisonous atmosphere' and 'not getting behind Dean and Craig' or some such rubbish like that! 

• Like 1

It is scary how far Webber has moved away from his stance when first appointed. Ignore the noise has become ignore the fans.

We have wasted so much money over the period he has been in charge. The wife on the Board scenario is classically "small town" and was always likely to end in tears.

Sit tight everyone, I don't see our American investors allowing this to continue much longer.

10 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

I don't see our American investors allowing this to continue much longer.

I get the impression they love him.  They've no doubt been told how Webber has us over-achieving on a shoe-string budget, which ticked Attanasio's boxes greatly. 

Rather than Webber getting the boot, I'd say there's more chance Stuey gets offered a new "challenge" stateside.

That's more than possible and could easily be framed as a positive to enable him to gain experience in a different setting; it would save everyone's face. But I'm not overestimating Attanasio's impact by expecting him to intervene here - he is, unquestionably, our future owner (whether next year or in a few years' time) and will not allow the club to meander. 

In his position I'd give it a little time, but I think Smith will be moved on quite quickly if we don't come back firing on all cylinders after the WC break. Having said that, I'm not sure that we actually want to get promoted this season from the playing point of view - the lack of quality or potential growth in the players we have is so limited that he would have to spend very big. Next season is very different - getting rid of some old hands on big salaries in the summer gives us much more scope to use players who can grow into PL players. We simply cannot try to survive in the PL with Krul, Pukki, Maclean, Hanley, Gibson etc again. They all need to move on.

On 14/11/2022 at 17:24, Google Bot said:

I get the impression they love him.  They've no doubt been told how Webber has us over-achieving on a shoe-string budget, which ticked Attanasio's boxes greatly. 

Rather than Webber getting the boot, I'd say there's more chance Stuey gets offered a new "challenge" stateside.

Yes, please.

On 14/11/2022 at 16:24, Google Bot said:

I'm sure most fans would gladly stump up some cash for a 'one way' ticket for said person! 

On 14/11/2022 at 08:53, cambridgeshire canary said:

As opposed to settle into mid-table mediocrity?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herman said:

We're stuck with him, aren't we?? 

Assuming you mean Smith then I fear so. Attanasio has now even started referring to him by name rather than 'the coach'. I think he'll see out the rest of the season.

I'm more concerned with a new owner who now states we may have to go backwards before we move forwards. I want a bit more clarity from the club on whatever the hell that's supposed to mean and over what timescales.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Assuming you mean Smith then I fear so. Attanasio has now even started referring to him by name rather than 'the coach'. I think he'll see out the rest of the season.

I'm more concerned with a new owner who now states we may have to go backwards before we move forwards. I want a bit more clarity from the club on whatever the hell that's supposed to mean and over what timescales.

Didn’t I say that and explain why and how at the start of the season….. not chasing a promotion that was never viable, getting rid of the deadwood, bringing through a new group, developing and being patient!   

This was inevitable but most just couldn’t see it! 

Edited by ged in the onion bag

On 14/11/2022 at 07:01, The Real Buh said:

I'm going to move to this universe. Will report back soon...

31 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

I'm going to move to this universe. Will report back soon...

Zoe walking hand in hand with Daniel through St Stephens underpass, tossing a gum wrapper into Stu's blanket.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Didn’t I say that and explain why and how at the start of the season….. not chasing a promotion that was never viable, getting rid of the deadwood, bringing through a new group, developing and being patient!   

This was inevitable but most just couldn’t see it! 

I hadn’t realised this was Mr Attanasio’s account until now. Well disguised.

30 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Zoe walking hand in hand with Daniel through St Stephens underpass, tossing a gum wrapper into Stu's blanket.

Does the blanket have Delia Out written on it?

• Haha 1