Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

If you want a manager out of the left field...

4 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

But I thought it was the fans fault. 😇. So if it wasn't you,by definition, you can't be fans. 

Pinkun logic.

Just because I’m curious is there a difference in definition between Fan and supporter? 

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Just because I’m curious is there a difference in definition between Fan and supporter? 

Ask Buh, he decides everything didn't you know.? 

But FWIW  ,  my opinion....Fans can be fickle, supporters support . I'm a supportive fan. Not looking for shoite but laugh at it when it happens 😇

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Ask Buh, he decides everything didn't you know.? 

But FWIW  ,  my opinion....Fans can be fickle, supporters support . I'm a supportive fan. Not looking for shoite but laugh at it when it happens 😇

Perhaps a better title to the above twitter post would be: there are fans and there are supporters?

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

Perhaps a better title to the above twitter post would be: there are fans and there are supporters?

There’s old men that lie on the internet like Grandad Corkio and then there’s the rest of us 

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Good point, well made.  Defo not my fault then, must be yours. 

So eager to bite ,I didn't even have to bait the hook 😂😂😂😂

Notice how nobody rushed to your defence when I said you weren’t a fan, grandad 😂

you’ll post for me when you are in “Spain” this week with the “babes”, I’ve given you permission to. You’ll post for me.

On 14/11/2022 at 08:24, RugbyCanary said:

Honestly, if robins hadn't played for us would anyone be looking at him?? Loads of managers out there. Let's look wider

Barry Fry? He's wider.

4 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Notice how nobody rushed to your defence when I said you weren’t a fan, grandad 😂

you’ll post for me when you are in “Spain” this week with the “babes”, I’ve given you permission to. You’ll post for me.

You're only saying that to look less stupid when I do, on Shakey ground Buh boy. Guess you're a bit concerned you've  made a pr@t of yerself   Packing my bag , listening to Bubba Sparxxx . I remember you gave me permission before , ended with you hiding behind a block button after looking silly. Aaaanyway , my sunglasses won't clean themselves. 💕💕💕  What time do you fly in?

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

You're only saying that to look less stupid when I do, on Shakey ground Buh boy. Guess you're a bit concerned you've  made a pr@t of yerself   Packing my bag , listening to Bubba Sparxxx . I remember you gave me permission before , ended with you hiding behind a block button after looking silly. Aaaanyway , my sunglasses won't clean themselves. 💕💕💕  What time do you fly in?

But surely you’ll be too busy to post on the pinkun with two babes?

liar

you’ll post. You’ll post because I told you to post.

On 14/11/2022 at 15:19, nutty nigel said:

It was Bowkett and McNally who 'scoured Europe'. The only point of reference for this board is the sacking of Farke. Webber cited 6 wins in 50 PL games. Farke's championship record wasn't enough to keep his job. This would all suggest Deano is on very thin ice.

The sacking of Farke was in the Premier League having had a whole abortive Premier League season and on course for a second. They made a call to try for more than yoyoing. As it is Smith has 6 wins in 27 Premier league games, which makes his Premier League win rate nearly twice as good as Farke's for us. In the meantime, Smith's win rate for us is at Championship level is 43%, which isn't bad considering injuries and short preseason. In my opinion, so long as promotion is plausible, he's safe.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

40 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The sacking of Farke was in the Premier League having had a whole abortive Premier League season and on course for a second. They made a call to try for more than yoyoing. As it is Smith has 6 wins in 27 Premier league games, which makes his Premier League win rate nearly twice as good as Farke's for us. In the meantime, Smith's win rate for us is at Championship level is 43%, which isn't bad considering injuries and short preseason. In my opinion, so long as promotion is plausible, he's safe.

He had 4 wins in 27, not 6.

And 43% when you are in charge of the favourites for a top 2 finish is awful. And it's interesting you only want to compare Farke and Smith at EPL level, why not look at their comparative Championship records? After all, that's the level we are now at.

It's also interesting that you mention a short preseason, something everyone had to deal with, as an explanation/excuse for Smith's failings this season. However, the preseason prior to that was far more difficult with the Covid outbreak, something that only really impacted one or two others to the extent it did us. Yet you appear to have little sympathy for the manager overseeing that near insurmountable obstacle despite it being far more challenging than dealing with the same short preseason everyone else had to. Imagine being a club like Burnley with that short preseason, massive player turnover, manager unfamiliar with his squad, loads of new players to integrate. How are they doing?

I guess that's cognitive dissonance for you.

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

But surely you’ll be too busy to post on the pinkun with two babes?

liar

you’ll post. You’ll post because I told you to post.

Very good, my four year old grandson uses a similar tack.  I may well have time to post as I'm on holiday , relaxing and eating well.  I may send you hourly updates, shots of my breakfast , lunch or dinner, I may not, cos guess what? It's up to me, the only choice you have, if my existence bothers you so much is to block me. Otherwise you are just going to call everything I post , lies. That surely becomes boring, even for you. Me , I pick it up,i put it down. 

You seethe. It's hysterical 😇😂👌🧘

11 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Very good, my four year old grandson uses a similar tack.  I may well have time to post as I'm on holiday , relaxing and eating well.  I may send you hourly updates, shots of my breakfast , lunch or dinner, I may not, cos guess what? It's up to me, the only choice you have, if my existence bothers you so much is to block me. Otherwise you are just going to call everything I post , lies. That surely becomes boring, even for you. Me , I pick it up,i put it down. 

You seethe. It's hysterical 😇😂👌🧘

😂 Believing you have a choice but to post

you are posting because I’ve given you permission, grandad.

Now. Post for me.