Pyro Pete

The TNC boys interview the Attanasios

9 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

The young are all on TikTok.

YouTube, Facebook etc has been left for the oldies.

BeReal 

Only one question to ask the new director, “ Having seen the second half performance against Middlesbrough are you happy with your investment in this Club?”

19 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

The young are all on TikTok.

YouTube, Facebook etc has been left for the oldies.

Agree on Facebook, also Instagram also is not getting the kids, Zuckerberg losing power and influence by the week.

Kids are on Snap, TikTok and BeReal.

But YouTube is huge for all generations, loads of big YouTubers with young audiences.

On 13/11/2022 at 14:19, nutty nigel said:

These are the places you find the honest interviews. 

But what does it say about 'the disconnect'?

It’s a good move from the part of Attanasios to clearly make a statement that they are not like the rest of the board who don’t want to give interviews to external sources. 

What would be nice is to see Webber actually come out and take it on the chin rather than hide. Even perhaps Delia and Michael coming on to discuss their exit plan for when the time comes. 

• Like 1

Having watched this through, what a fantastic family they look, on first sight this could be the breath of fresh air we need to take that next step. Not so much money but the sports structure and knowledge from American baseball to translate the knowledge it into our club.

They seem really invested in the city and community first. Get the deal done please.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

Having watched this through, what a fantastic family they look, on first sight this could be the breath of fresh air we need to take that next step. Not so much money but the sports structure and knowledge from American baseball to translate the knowledge it into our club.

They seem really invested in the city and community first. Get the deal done please.

Is it worth listening to or is it mainly club talking points?

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

Agree with this. It seems the club had already come to the conclusion that we need to get smarter in everything we do, as a result of the fact we don't have the resources a big club does. Attanasio's investment won't lead to us spending £20m on players right away, but will allow us to improve other areas of the club at a faster rate. He will be well aware of the challenges from his experience with the Brewers. A 'small market' team as they call it, who have operated a payroll in the lower half of baseball, yet they made the playoffs for 4 consecutive years and missed out this year by 1 game.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

What would be nice is to see Webber actually come out and take it on the chin rather than hide. Even perhaps Delia and Michael coming on to discuss their exit plan for when the time comes. 

He did that at the AGM.

33 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

He did that at the AGM.

Where journalists were banned

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

But someone was still able to tell us what he said so it doesn't alter that he said it.

Correct, but was all in the (relatively) safe environment of the AGM. He’s not faced any independent journalist to probe and challenge. No meaningful follow up questions to what he’s said. I’m not having it that this draws a line under anything. It’s all been swept under the carpet now and we’ll never get the chance.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Correct, but was all in the (relatively) safe environment of the AGM. He’s not faced any independent journalist to probe and challenge. No meaningful follow up questions to what he’s said. I’m not having it that this draws a line under anything. It’s all been swept under the carpet now and we’ll never get the chance.

All very interesting but it doesn't alter what he said which is what I was responding to.

I was quite impressed with how the new shareholders came across. They know what they want and us fans must hope they can assert sufficient influence in the Boardroom to make it happen.

We've stagnated for too long and need a fresh approach which I think these guys provide. At this stage they're being diplomatic as they need to win people over but I sense an iron fist in a velvet glove has joined the board.

I'm fairly optimistic things will turn out for the better.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I was quite impressed with how the new shareholders came across. They know what they want and us fans must hope they can assert sufficient influence in the Boardroom to make it happen.

We've stagnated for too long and need a fresh approach which I think these guys provide. At this stage they're being diplomatic as they need to win people over but I sense an iron fist in a velvet glove has joined the board.

I'm fairly optimistic things will turn out for the better.

It's very clear that, in spite of the 'no pressure' spin on the buying into the club, they're going to be getting heavily involved, hence why the club has worked to put them in the spotlight now. Actually a very smart move on the club's part to start reaching out to the fanbase via the new faces.

Exciting times and a very interesting interview.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

12 hours ago, kenfoggo said:

Only one question to ask the new director, “ Having seen the second half performance against Middlesbrough are you happy with your investment in this Club?”

Duh. Obviously he thinks it's a catastrophic mistake; any sports investor worth their salt is going to pin everything on 45 minutes of play over and above decades of history.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WD40 said:

Is it worth listening to or is it mainly club talking points?

I'd say it's worth listening to overall, less for specific content or news lines - Mark is quite cagey at times, but for understandable reasons - and more for getting a sense of who they are as people and their general values. On those terms, I was really impressed: they seem a really good fit for this club, while being confident they can take us forward.

52 minutes ago, WD40 said:

You think the edp are the guys to do it?! 😆

I enjoyed it. You can understand why he's a bit cagey. After all, he's still only a minority shareholder at the moment.

But pretty positive, overall. I thought the TNC lads did just fine.

(Also, when did Jack start looking like a secondary school geography teacher?)

Edited by Pyro Pete
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Also, when did Jack start looking like a secondary school geography teacher?)

Ha! The young teacher who grows a beard so people don't think he's a student...

• Like 1

On 13/11/2022 at 14:46, WD40 said:

Can’t stand Chris Reeve, his sycophancy in front of guests and name dropping makes it almost unwatchable - but to be fair this is huge

Interesting pov! Not one I share, that's for sure. Chris is highly emotionally intelligent & a genius at relationship-building. His black book of NCFC contacts is to die for. I see a super-fan who is incredibly modest - and given his back story, I am in awe of his achievements so far. 

Ended up listening and enjoying it tbh. I actually think the most important player from our perspective is the son Mike Attanasio. He said he was the one that found the TNC boys online and showed his dad. He’s the one plugged in to what the fans are saying (“I hear you, I get it” he said). He’s leading on fan engagement from the Attanasio perspective. And it’s clearly a family affair with that lot, he trusts his boys and comes across as a really smart switched on fella. 

I have no doubt if we continue to make noise on here and elsewhere (on other media/fan channels) about the state of the club, he will hear about it and take notice.

2 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

Interesting pov! Not one I share, that's for sure. Chris is highly emotionally intelligent & a genius at relationship-building. His black book of NCFC contacts is to die for. I see a super-fan who is incredibly modest - and given his back story, I am in awe of his achievements so far. 

I’m sure it is but does he need to tell us he’s mate with Holty, Russ Martin, Angus Gunn ever 5 mins?

Give your head a wobble on the modest comment! 😂😂😂

• Like 1

Ok video, a bit lengthy, a lot of small talk - the other one I watched with just Mark was probably more insightful. I get all the relationship building stuff but it seems a painfully slow process.

41 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

OK then, Chris.