Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

They will leave it too late, yet again

I really despair sometimes. Its patently obvious that Smith isn't the solution, has pretty much wrecked any legacy that Farke left, and his deluded comments show a man completely out of his depth. At any other club he would be gone. But our inept management will, yet again,  let this run and run until way too late. The spineless indecisive fools as always too afraid to take positive early action. He pretty much writes his own resignation letter week after week, probably hoping to be fired but it doesn't come. Shambles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tumbleweed said:

He pretty much writes his own resignation letter week after week, probably hoping to be fired but it doesn't come. Shambles.

I sometimes wonder whether he actually wants to be sacked when I hear him talk.

He'd get another big pay off which would sort him out for life, doubt he was a millionaire until he went to Villa. 

Basically sort him out for life won't it.

That is one upside to going with a high profile former player like a Lampard or Gerrard, or Rooney, or Terry, or Kompany with Bellamy, you know that they won't try and get sacked for a couple of million because its peanuts to them.

I fear the owners and management team still think football is a nicey nicey game of popularity. They are so outdated. Its a ruthless business, its no wonder we don't compete at the highest level when our philosophy is to be kind and gentle and warm and cuddly and lovely.  A manager who has no plan, tinkers week in week out and only now says he knows what is needed. You couldn't make it up: "please please fire me or I'll have to come up with something even more ridiculous next week"......

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tumbleweed said:

I fear the owners and management team still think football is a nicey nicey game of popularity. They are so outdated. Its a ruthless 

Is that really the case. This trope seems to dog Norwich, maybe because we are a medium sized provincial university city in a relatively affluent region. The sacking of Farke wasn’t nicely nicely to me, in fact it smacked of Webber and a Ruthless  streak. Sure, on the pitch I’ve often wished for the second coming of Duncan, but off the pitch I actually suspect part of our decline is the hierarchy in the club is not treating its employees and partners with the respect they deserve. As I watch Smiths deputy at Brentford enjoy a good run, my impression is that their success is built on similar values to ours, but they have stayed true to their beliefs. 

They'll keep him in charge these whole 4 weeks, a time where his successor could be getting to work, and then sack him when we lose to Swansea 🙄

I fear he will last until the end of the year, which isn't actually that many games. The club seems heavily invested in this jolly to Florida so I would be very surprised if this were to be side tracked by sacking Smith now.

Personally I would still sack him and leave Shakey and the rest of the coaching team to oversee the warm weather training whilst Webber sources a replacement. Can't see it happening though.

They are utterly clueless I’m afraid. Webber talks the talk but rarely walks the walk these days. Delia and co will just go with whatever he says so we are stuck with a manager who should be clearing his desk this morning. We are on a downward trajectory and will be struggling to scrape into 6th place if we stick with him 

36 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

I've worked with slopey shouldered people like him before.. passive and fails to take ownership...

Sack him. Today.

You’ve said it in the line above sack him today, fails to take ownership, that’s our board to a tee! 

That’s it. From now on I refuse to attend games, check score , follow matches, or have any interest in all things NCFC until they sack this clown of a manager and his sidekick. Talk about stealing a living.🤬

So long as they don't let him have a single bean I. January and he doesn't green light any sales I'm happy so long as he's gone in time for the new guy to have a pre season.

This is perfect timing though everyone can see it apart from the board.

When are people going to realise they can’t afford to sack him. There is a £42 million short term loan to be repaid with no obvious source of funds ro repay it. So minimal spending and close season player sales are coming unless promotion is secured. Mind you even player sales might not be enough given how they are playing. You think this season is poor, just wait for the nect one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

When are people going to realise they can’t afford to sack him. There is a £42 million short term loan to be repaid with no obvious source of funds ro repay it. So minimal spending and close season player sales are coming unless promotion is secured. Mind you even player sales might not be enough given how they are playing. You think this season is poor, just wait for the nect one.

I fear you may be far closer to the truth than most fans even realise. For the much vaunted 'self funding' model, I was amazed to hear about the scale of our short term borrowing. Whilst accepting that a fair chunk (can't recall the precise amount) but it was c£20M from hazy memory, is money we knew were getting anyway from previous player sales, the rest is set against 'future media income'.

Either way you 'care to cut it', this loan has to be repaid and means that cash cannot be used twice hence any incoming players next summer will be both 'modest' in number and 'modest' in actual cost (to say nothing about 'modest' in ability of course!). Even if we get promoted I would expect nothing more 'extravagant' than the summer 2019 business and we can all painfully recall that!

To cap it all of and complete the 'glass half empty' view point, is the fact that this squad (so far at least) is miles worse than the variants of the last two promotion campaigns. Based on performances this season to date, the embarrassment of 21/22 would be worse, far worse (if possible) next season in the PL should such promotion be attained.    

If we're that 'hard-up' it makes you wonder why we're treating the squad and their families to a jolly in Florida. Warm weather training to prepare for matches in the winter 🤣

Having spent millions developing the training facilities at Colney we now ditch them for a week in the sun.

@corbs- I think it seemed harsh, but the decision to sack Farke seems to have been made as soon as the directors could get together in advance of that Brentford game, it just so happened that we won it but the dismissal was already set in stone. So it seemed more ruthless than it was. Had we lost there would probably not have been the same reaction. 

I have to say also that Dean Smith is slowly sucking my enjoyment out of following NCFC. A man who has neither said nor done anything that really suggests he has any enthusiasm for the club or its supporters is turning my near 50 years of passion for this club into near apathy. Its actually a remarkable achievement.

Re the debt, what about the EPL TV money and the parachute payments do they not help?

On 12/11/2022 at 21:22, TeemuVanBasten said:

The best time to have sacked him would have been 2 months ago.

However the next best time to sack him is today.

Don't be coy. Every day's the best time to sack anyone and everyone involved in the running of the club in your world.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Well he has obviously survived it as I’m sure we’d have heard by now. Can’t see any realistic way we’re going up this season under him so the board have clearly stated their intent to be a championship club going forwards 

Makes you wonder what the club actually want to to achieve this season, as with dean smith in charge I’d be surprised if we make the top 6 let alone too 2.

They must surely see it so I wonder what their inner thoughts are or how the reality is matching with their expectations.