Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Middlesbro (h/L) ****

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

Can anyone think of a decent 90 minute performance this season? I can't 

Millwall was probably our most ‘complete’ - had control of the whole game without ever really looking outrageously good, just a solid 7/10 throughout. However most of our games have been characterised by 8-9/10 performances for 20 minutes and 4-5/10 for the rest. Just nowhere near the sum of our parts.

Wish we’d pulled the trigger a few games ago when we looked like toast. Now we’ll most definitely be persisting with Smith for the rest of the season save for a total disaster. Clearly the Stoke game was not a turning point and we won’t have one now under Smith.

2 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Maybe some of us have been busy and aren't glued to phones/computers? 

Some will be at the game. 🤷🤷

Hasn't stopped 'em before.

Middlesbrough looked a far, far better team than Norwich.

How long has Carrick been in charge?

Amazing what a difference a good manager makes….

Just now, TheBaldOne66 said:

It’s not just down to Smith though is it? Let’s be honest the squad is average at best, how many of these players could cut it in the top flight? Not many, Pukki maybe? 

A major overhaul is what’s needed of the dross we have 

I don't think anyone thinks this squad could cut it in the top flight, I can't think of any of our players who would, but they should be cutting it at this level, this squad is capable of much more in the Champs.

Just now, alex_ncfc said:

We've got the perfect opportunity to sack Smith now - a mid-season break, a chance to get someone new in and get them on the training pitch, I'm sick of this sh*t

Totally agree. And as the classic phrase goes, we’ve “given him until Christmas”… as the league stops now until then. 😉

Perfect time to make a change, as this is just dire to watch and there are little signs it’s going to improve.

• Like 1

Just now, alex_ncfc said:

I don't think anyone thinks this squad could cut it in the top flight, I can't think of any of our players who would, but they should be cutting it at this level, this squad is capable of much more in the Champs.

Is it though? The table doesn’t lie 

1 minute ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

It’s not just down to Smith though is it? Let’s be honest the squad is average at best, how many of these players could cut it in the top flight? Not many, Pukki maybe? 

A major overhaul is what’s needed of the dross we have 

We don't really know though do we. We score and sit back. Another coach might get us to keep attacking.

3 minutes ago, yellow 63 said:

Two wins in ten, in the Championship with this squad, unacceptable needs to go tonight, don't care if we are 4th.

We’re 6th and only one point clear of 7th. He has to be sacked this weekend to give us time to get the right man in with no rushed appointments, which is exactly what he was 

3 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

We've got the perfect opportunity to sack Smith now - a mid-season break, a chance to get someone new in and get them on the training pitch, I'm sick of this sh*t

Personally I'm not going to start calling for his head straight after an absolute dross game like that, too much emotion.

However if we are serious that the club believe's we are an Automatic promotion team...it can't be dismissed as an option. You're right you'll never get a better chance for a new manager to make an impact.

• Like 3

Get rid tonight, take a week or so looking at the options, get the new man in, they then have a few weeks to work with what we have.

Step in and do it Mark! you know it makes sense! 

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Personally I'm not going to start calling for his head straight after an absolute dross game like that, too much emotion.

However if we are serious that the club believe's we are an Automatic promotion team...it can't be dismissed as an option. You're right you'll never get a better chance for a new manager to make an impact.

Biggest issue for me is I just dont think there are any good enough managers avaible. I do feel a lot of the players clearly just don't care anymore and would rather be anywhere else.  Serious mentality issues that I don't think a new manager could fix to be honest

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Football is emotion Monty. And what we saw today was passionless. Boro played us off the pitch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Biggest issue for me is I just dont think there are any good enough managers avaible. I do feel a lot of the players clearly just don't care anymore and would rather be anywhere else.  Serious mentality issues that I don't think a new manager could fix to be honest

Knowing us, we will go for Lampard after he gets sacked tonight.

• Sad 1

Played well for the 20 mins then stood off way too much which handed the initiative over. This happens almost every game. 
I don’t know if it’s an attempt at game management or they simply run out of puff.  Either way it is poor. And it happens in almost every match. Grounds for dismissal certainly but I doubt it would happen. 
Can we swap Smith for Carrick? 

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Two wins in the last 10 matches and now only one point separates us from falling out of the play off places, The only trajectory we’re following is downward so any calls for his sacking are not based just on today. A perfect opportunity has presented itself to get a new man in with plenty of time to get up and running. We should grab it with both hands 

Just seen that Robins has got 22 points out of the last 27 at Coventry...

Bloody hell, just seen they are only 3 points behind us

Edited by alex_ncfc