Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Middlesbro (h/L) ****

This game has summed up everything that is wrong with this team. Play well for 20 minutes and utter rubbish the rest of it, slow, sloppy, lacklustre and its the same pretty much every game under Smith. Something has to change.

• Like 1

I have disliked some City managers before, but I have never, ever got to the point when we have yet another poor performance with yet another poor result and my biggest reaction is to say "meh" and carry on as if nothing had happened.  I hate the fact that Webber and Smith have taken me to the point where I don't seem to care any more.

• Like 1

23rd competitive match of the season and this is it?

Shocking!

Too many players who think they are better than they are, coupled with a manager unfit for purpose = this shower of sh*te!

• Like 1

Annoying. We start to wrestle back control of the game and go close with Sara and Aarons and we concede. Urrrrgghh! 

Surely with the World Cup coming we have to sack smith and get someone decent in?

isnt his son in the states? Happy to let him keep flight out to tampa and then he can stay there!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Playing well for 20 minutes a game just isn’t good enough

Can anyone think of a decent 90 minute performance this season? I can't 

1 minute ago, TheGunnShow said:

Suddenly the comments start flying in.

Yup, always the way. As I said fairly early on in the season... just look at the length of threads... Veeeery quiet when we do well and win.

I have to say though, we just are not convincing enough. Again, today, we have had more than enough chances today at 1-0 and 1-1 to put this game to bed.

I think it also shows that when people say we have a competitive bench, when Hugill has a chance to score, and isn't fast enough. If that had been Idah... goal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Can anyone think of a decent 90 minute performance this season? I can't 

I can't think of a decent 90mins performance for any team, us or anyone we've played... By decent I mean consistent. There have been games we have deserved to win by some distanced but have toyed dangerously with it far more than we should have done. 

Edited by chicken

3 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Maybe Mark Antanassio is the problem, 2 games attended - two defeats 🤣 

I wonder what he thinks of what he's seen today.

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Suddenly the comments start flying in.

Maybe some of us have been busy and aren't glued to phones/computers? 

Some will be at the game. 🤷🤷

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Monty13 said:

I wonder what he thinks of what he's seen today.

Was thinking the same witnessing two defeats. It's frustrating that we're 4th, but yet it just doesn't feel like we're going forward!

We've got the perfect opportunity to sack Smith now - a mid-season break, a chance to get someone new in and get them on the training pitch, I'm sick of this sh*t

• Like 2

It’s not just down to Smith though is it? Let’s be honest the squad is average at best, how many of these players could cut it in the top flight? Not many, Pukki maybe? 

A major overhaul is what’s needed of the dross we have 

I saw the score alert for the first goal and waited patiently…kept waiting….and when it hit half time I had zero confidence that we’d get 3 points. We’re so slow and ponderous under Smith. At least we wont have to wonder what the negative impact of his “coaching” will be on Sarge for the next 4 weeks.