Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Middlesbro (h/L) ****

May be an image of map and text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF Helsinki 17:00 Norwich 15:00 Toronto 10:00 NORWICH CITY MIDDLESBROUGH Berlin 16:00 Tampa Bay 10:00 Los Angeles 07:00 Beijing 23:00 Athens 17:00 Abu Dhabi 19:00 Rio De Janeiro 12:00 Seoul 00:00 Hong Kong 23:00 Bangkok 22:00 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 12:00 Sydney 02:00 Harare 17:00"
No photo description available.

Videos:

LEST WE FORGET
Our players will be wearing strips featuring poppies owing to it being the closest match to Remembrance Day and Remembrance Sunday - this year, being sandwiched between the two. More on this in a bit.
image.png.d4552b43bc0b7f316aa13b82d86204ec.png

Articles:
The Pink'Un has it's usual presser coverage article here.
Canaries.co.uk have the clubs official build up piece here.
Middlesbrough have 
their own pre match piece here.

Ins, out's, shake em all abouts:
Norwich: Nunez is set to return. All others that were out for our last game due to injuries continue to be, however there is light at the end of the tunnel. Rowe is already back "on the grass", and Idah, Sorensen, Byram and Omobamidele will all be traveling and be fit to take part in the warm weather training during the world cup period that is to take place in Tampa. 
Middlesbrough: unable to find any info about injuries at this time.

A little bit of kntowledge:
I thought I would go with something a little different this week and focus on something a bit closer to home and a bit more poignant. I came across this website called football and the first world war. It had intrigued me because I wondered how many of our boys in green and yellow had also served their country. Of course, at the time, football wasn't nearly as lucrative as it is now and every fit and able man was called up. I knew this, but I didn't know the names of those players.

These are those that are listed as having both served and played for Norwich City in two categories "players that served in 1st world war"
image.thumb.png.dae0726d639a363aa95d2b8b8036fe50.png

And former players that served (which is a tad unknown to me as it would appear that former includes those who last played for Norwich, but who also, sadly, never returned).
image.thumb.png.7df560bc63f3e0ed4589c094634f27fa.png
image.thumb.png.dcb80606804d7a161e031a7d67e36b38.png

The home page of the site also holds a quote from a general, 
image.thumb.png.d9edd2668ed6867b312d717ec97f6b03.png
Of course, we remember those who also served during the 2nd World War too. Though at this time finding a good source of information on that is difficult. I will certainly be thinking of those I knew well in my family and close friends but also those who I have met over my travels and adventures, all of whom are now no longer with us. I'm not sure we will ever know generations quite as great as them.

Rays Funds for the Community Sports Foundation:
1125699955_2015presentation.thumb.jpg.f1323b5671654cc8d0e0e48d50c96fa3.jpg
Nutty has his PUPs thread up and running as usual. Please do go and take a look and take part in all of the fun.

Edited by chicken
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

2 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Hope we play as well against them as we did in the play off final 👍

Me, too. But I doubt it. That play-off final was a perfect example of how to manage a game when you are winning, which is something we seem incapable of at the moment.

2 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Me, too. But I doubt it. That play-off final was a perfect example of how to manage a game when you are winning, which is something we seem incapable of at the moment.

Worth pointing out Boro fans are still not over that loss and we really do live rent free in a lot of their fans heads.. It's quite sad

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Worth pointing out Boro fans are still not over that loss and we really do live rent free in a lot of their fans heads.. It's quite sad

Priceless🤣😂

28 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

His neck is so fat it's pushing his beard forward. Ol' Fat Neck.😀

• Haha 1

I wonder how many troglodytes triggered by the LGBTQ/Stonewall campaign who go "keep duh polly ticks uht da foot bull" are perfectly OK with the poppy despite it being, well, political?

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

I wonder how many troglodytes triggered by the LGBTQ/Stonewall campaign who go "keep duh polly ticks uht da foot bull" are perfectly OK with the poppy despite it being, well, political?

I'd say this is a football match thread and concentrate on that ....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, raunds canary said:

I'd say this is a football match thread and concentrate on that ....

Agree, just an observation on the FB page.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!1

Edited by Hook's-Walk-Canary

Well, if you're going to celebrate going to the World Cup, do it by doing what you're there to do. Score goals in Sargent's case.

He's doing a Rupp. Not great in his first season in the Premier, but then finds his feet and starts bossing it in the Champs.

• Like 1

Interesting fact about Akpom, the Middlesbrough centre forward. In 2012 The Independent published their projected England line up for the 2022 World Cup. Akpom was then a youngster at Arsenal and was included. 

That went well. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Having one of those madcap starts again. Hopefully it lasts more than 25 minutes this time.

7 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

James Maddison taken off injured😱

Walked off so I reckon precautionary

Super first 20/25 mins once again, absolutely dominated after a shaky first couple of mins. Sara was easily having his best game for us so far. But then as with previous games we spent the rest of the half slowly winding down.

I don’t really understand why we can’t keep the levels a bit higher, I know it can’t be all guns blazing all the time but it feels like there is a middle ground we are missing right now. It’s not like our press in these excellent periods is so high octane and energy that it can’t be maintained any longer either.

Have a feeling we need more than just the one goal to win this game although we have looked pretty comfortable at the back fist 45. So hopefully we can recapture the good in the second half but I can already envisage the repetition of passes from left to right across the defenders and Gunn and the crowd getting frustrated….

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

Managing ok just about but need Hanley to be strong again in second half. Would be nice to defend from the front a little more

41 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Having one of those madcap starts again. Hopefully it lasts more than 25 minutes this time.

Your fault😂 But congratulations for picking almost exactly the right minute 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Haha 1