Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Why arent we Brentford?

Hey dont look me like that someone was going to say it! 😉 Fair play to take the lead as they have been battering Man City so far and quite frankly if not for the missed chances they made they would be 3 nill up by now. I'm sure Man City will come back and end up winning (probably..) but always nice to see Man City get shook just like we did to them, so fair play to the bees.  

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hey dont look me like that someone was going to say it! 😉 Fair play to take the lead as they have been battering Man City so far and quite frankly if not for the missed chances they made they would be 3 nill up by now. I'm sure Man City will come back and end up winning (probably..) but always nice to see Man City get shook just like we did to them, so fair play to the bees.  

I admire the fact that they’ve not just gone there to defend. I don’t mind it if we lose in the Prem when we go to places like the Etihad, as long as we give it a go, what I can’t stand is if we effectively admit defeat at the start.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

But it's Brentford who score! 🤣🤣🤣

Brilliant!

Toney again.😃

Edited by Mengo

39 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I am having a total nightmare this season on the fantasy.

Just to add to mine, I forgot to put Toney back in.😬

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

I admire the fact that they’ve not just gone there to defend. I don’t mind it if we lose in the Prem when we go to places like the Etihad, as long as we give it a go, what I can’t stand is if we effectively admit defeat at the start.

Our plan for our last 2 games at The Etihad was the same as our plan for all of our away games in the Premiership under Daniel Farke-pass out from the back. Only we almost inevitably lost possession deep in our own half. 

The Bees haven’t spent Fulham or Forest levels of cash but make us look amateurs. There again they haven’t got a couple of octogenarians ruling the roost with a husband and wife team running the day to day operations. They certainly are not a bigger club than us but are clearly run much more effectively.

• Like 1

Well that did for my FPL. One point each for Cancelo and Haaland. 4 from captained Debruyne. Toney and Raya benched. 

7 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Aim higher. Delia and MWJ are conning the fan base 

Oh, definitely. The whole thing is poison.

• Like 1

Brentford serve as a pretty telling reminder that we in fact did not hit our ‘ceiling’ in the premier league under the self funding model, we just cocked it up massively. Bournemouth as well didn’t spend a great deal and find themselves in 13th. I don’t believe our ceiling should be lower than other clubs of similar financial stature.

• Like 1