Sign in to follow this  
The Real Buh

How LOW can we get the noise at Carrow Road today?

One of the quirks of our current situation as a club as a whole is the insane periods of quiet during home games. The malaise and shrugging of shoulders at the end of last season as goals flew in against us with ease was an early sign that things were really not right and now, well, things have descended to truly insane levels. All of which I’ve flawlessly predicted and was slated for it, but, there you go.

I want to hear a toilet flushing on the other side of the stadium today, somebody folding shirts in the club shop, the wrinkle of a crisp packet in Morisons.

How low can we go? Let’s get those thumbtacks out and listen to them hit the floor. 

Of course, taking thumbtacks into the ground is a level 3.5 violation so be careful everyone, and remember, the Real Buh was/is right about everything and it’s all our fault, not the idiot suits that “run” this club.

Edited by The Real Buh

Just now, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Even for me, with my pessimism, this post is a new low and I wanted the fella sacked. 

Get the noise low and Webber might go, that will be the mantra.

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Get the noise low and Webber might go, that will be the mantra.

He won’t go his Mrs is in charge. Webber won’t sack Smith as that would be an admission he got it wrong in the first place. We are stuck with the status quo so long as Smith limps us along with the odd result here and there. The only real way to effect change is to boycott the games but as they’ve already received a majority of the crowds money I doubt they would care anyway. 

4 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

He won’t go his Mrs is in charge. Webber won’t sack Smith as that would be an admission he got it wrong in the first place. We are stuck with the status quo so long as Smith limps us along with the odd result here and there. The only real way to effect change is to boycott the games but as they’ve already received a majority of the crowds money I doubt they would care anyway. 

…yay…

guess we should just stay quiet and say nothing then. That’s healthy.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I would imagine it's the buglar followed by a minutes silence today. You won't get lower than that 😉

In a further act of respect not only will we perform an exemplary minutes silence for remembrance of our fallen heroes but several moments of silence throughout the game and, indeed, throughout the season. 

Just now, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I thought that's what you were advocating 🤔

The silence will be deafening so they say

I notice it's not just us, the Birmingham Sunderland game last night was silent for loud parts and most championship highlights reflect the same.

The away fans have been superb and the last 2 games the atmosphere at home has improved so hopefully another good result, atmosphere in right direction and we go into the world Cup break in a good spot.

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

We are 4th. 

That's why neither will be leaving.

We arent failing.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We are 4th. 

We arent failing.

We're not failing but we're not succeeding either. We're in a position where either future is possible.

For people like me, who think Smith is the epitome of mediocrity, it's all very depressing. We have to hope he succeeds because there is not a cat in hell's chance that he'll be fired.

4 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

We're not failing but we're not succeeding either. We're in a position where either future is possible.

For people like me, who think Smith is the epitome of mediocrity, it's all very depressing. We have to hope he succeeds because there is not a cat in hell's chance that he'll be fired.

He won't be fired until he is falling,  correct.

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He won't be fired until he is falling,  correct.

Agreed. But, if people like me are right, it'll be too late. We'll be a mid-table Championship club with no parachute payments, dragged down to his level of mediocrity.

We're arguing about the future, effectively, so neither of us can really make cast-iron arguments.

EDIT: You can say he set up Brentford very attractively and was a major part of their becoming who they are today; I can say he came 9th-10th-9th, worse than the managers both before and after him. You can say he took Villa up and kept them up; I can say he scraped promotion with the best team on paper in the league and only survived because of a fluke decision. You can say he has us in fourth and close to automatics; I can say there has not been a single game this season when we have looked particularly impressive.

All we can do is wait and see who events prove closer to the truth.

Edited by canarybubbles

Well it will be quieter around my seat today because I've got the 'rona and didn't fancy being responsible for the deaths of the elderly people who sit (sleep?) near me in the river end. 

They'll be glad not to be disturbed by my insane external monologue, rants at our midfielders who don't track their men off the ball and my jeers at Dean Smith when he takes Cantwell off. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We are 4th. 

We arent failing.

Everything’s so good

7 minutes ago, Unhinged Canary said:

But, but, but!!

*checks script

Hands in pockets!!  Cup of tea! Cup of tea!!

I think you’ll find I was proven correct on that 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Not exactly excelling though are we 

Nope.

Thought fans were decent today and gave the team good backing, no excuses.

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

We are 4th. 

We arent failing.

We are 6th and one point above 7th
2 wins in 10. They should be gone tonight 

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Hows it going bro?

Not great because the team I support lost. How are you doing? You seem extraordinarily perky.

Just now, hogesar said:

Not great because the team I support lost. How are you doing? You seem extraordinarily perky.

Yeah, everything’s peachy mate.

Clubs leadership has been hijacked by morons and is being tuned into a communist republic where nobody’s allowed to question them. Happy days!

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

There’s a shock - barely hear from the guy until things go badly, then there’s posts all over the place.  The biggest shame about the defeat is that we’ll get another 5 weeks of the same garbage until the season restarts.

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

There’s a shock - barely hear from the guy until things go badly, then there’s posts all over the place.  The biggest shame about the defeat is that we’ll get another 5 weeks of the same garbage until the season restarts.

Must hurt to have backed Dean Smith and the board and for me to have been proved so eminently right about everything…

Edited by The Real Buh

6 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Good chance he'll die on Everest. Probably buy some secondhand crampons from Ebay that Reinhold Messner deemed damaged, an overpriced(****) sleeping bag from TK Maxx that said the rrp was 100x more than it's worth and hire some old Sherpa that the local villagers felt was unsafe to climb. Whilst telling the locals to shut up and he is the only true conqueror of the mountain. But he would have updated the mess tent, which is now deemed a world class facility.