Jump to content
cambridgeshire canary

Forget soccerbot- Should we hire witch doctors?

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Think the bigger problem was his window-licking gibberish about disabled people.

The irony....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

If you aren't an anti-vaxxer, why didn't you get vaccinated against COVID?

The fact you have to ask that question explains a lot, just because someone doesn't get vaccinated doesn't make them an anti vaxxer, but I am not performing the justification dance here, I simply add, I chose not to vaccinate, if you want to you carry on with my good wishes.

Cheers

Ray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2022 at 20:25, TheDarkKnight said:

In fairness, how many people believe stuff from the Bible actually happened? Billions?

The majority of Earth are crackers.

To answer the OP:

No. Paul Pogba hired a Witch Doctor to put a hex on Mbappe. Next thing we know, the spell backfires and Pogba is injured and out of the World Cup.

The problem with witch doctors is that there is always more powerful one who can place suitable counter hex. And with Mbappe's salary, you can (and should) hire quite a few!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hepphep said:

The problem with witch doctors is that there is always more powerful one who can place suitable counter hex. And with Mbappe's salary, you can (and should) hire quite a few!

We saw the effectiveness of sorcery (sp?) on this very board a few years back with Wiz’s hexes, which even he admitted were a bit hit and miss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ray said:

The fact you have to ask that question explains a lot, just because someone doesn't get vaccinated doesn't make them an anti vaxxer

By definition, it does.

This isn't like choosing to not eating your greens. Do we really need to spell it out?

Vaccinations greatly reduce the chances of you contracting COVID, and therefore greatly reduce the chances of you spreading it to others.

If you do catch COVID, the vaccine reduces your chances of developing serious symptoms, such as those which could be life threatening, requiring hospitalisation.

We know the young, and fit & healthy, can contract the disease and be asymptomatic. But still pass it on to others.

Don't you feel even remotely guilty that you could be doing this? Putting the elderly, the vulnerable, people with underlying conditions at risk of hospitalisation or even death?

I don't care what your 'beliefs' are. Your actions are selfish, irresponsible and dangerous.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, and as for your description of modern medicine being the real 'alternative' medicine.

Just two hundred years ago people in the UK generally only lived into their fifties.

While the UK infant mortality rate meant that 1 in 3 children died before their fifth birthday.

Now tell us, why isn't that still the case?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Oh, and as for your description of modern medicine being the real 'alternative' medicine.

Just two hundred years ago people in the UK generally only lived into their fifties.

While the UK infant mortality rate meant that 1 in 3 children died before their fifth birthday.

Now tell us, why isn't that still the case?

 

 

Thanks for your opinion Pyro Pete, not that I asked for it and you really don't know my personal circumstances, but heh ho!

The 'alternative' discussion is essentially semantics and I'm afraid your points really do not make much sense to me. My point is natural medicine was around before modern medicine, so in essence modern medicine 'replaced' the existing medicine and was therefore the alternative. I hope that makes my musings clear.

Cheers

Ray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No need for Witch Doctors just get Darel Russell back. He was like a living curse and when he left bang good times left just before the Worthington era and then came back after Worthington then left one season into the Lambert era. Good player though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, hepphep said:

The problem with witch doctors is that there is always more powerful one who can place suitable counter hex. And with Mbappe's salary, you can (and should) hire quite a few!

Oh. Without a doubt.

Mbappe probably has his own team of Witch Doctors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2022 at 14:20, Ray said:

Thanks for your opinion Pyro Pete, not that I asked for it and you really don't know my personal circumstances, but heh ho!

The 'alternative' discussion is essentially semantics and I'm afraid your points really do not make much sense to me. My point is natural medicine was around before modern medicine, so in essence modern medicine 'replaced' the existing medicine and was therefore the alternative. I hope that makes my musings clear.

Cheers

Ray

The difference is that modern medicine is much more rigorous and provable than old medicine, just look at survival rates to see this... But I don't want to get into a debate about this, I would recommend that you read bad science by Ben goldacre though.

I actually just wanted to share this article with you which seemed like a reasonable analogy to your situation

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63256505

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Cornish Sam,

Thanks for taking the time and effort to share your info👍

Alongside continuously boosting my natural immunity, long before Covid, I have conducted an untold amount of research from both sides of the fence, which is undoubtedly a many sided fence (if that is possible??) as a result my decisions have been taken based on numerous and multi-faceted criteria, including, but not limited to, this research.

Cheers

Ray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...