cambridgeshire canary

Forget soccerbot- Should we hire witch doctors?

People will scoff at things like this, but there is much more to existence than we know in every day life.  Witch doctors and  healers are able to harness natural energies that defy science, but even regular science is starting to understand that apparently inexplicable healings have a basis in reality......the reality of capturing and harnessing energies to do good. 

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Real Question , do we actually use soccerbot ? 

Only the youngsters use it now I believe; the senior squad can never keep a straight face when they are in there - "WTF"!

2 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Only the youngsters use it now I believe; the senior squad can never keep a straight face when they are in there - "WTF"!

😉🙈 So to be used for Halloween and possibly Christmas 🎄 events. Father Christmas this year could be Ralf Ragnick as he was the salesman for this. I remember  reading he would introduce one at Man U. Yeah that went well Ralph 😉. I would imagine Stuart uses it for his growing list of summit podcasts 😄  , outside of normal working hours undoubtedly.  In fact forget big Ralf . Big Stu could be this years father Christmas. 

44 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

People will scoff at things like this, but there is much more to existence than we know in every day life.  Witch doctors and  healers are able to harness natural energies that defy science, but even regular science is starting to understand that apparently inexplicable healings have a basis in reality......the reality of capturing and harnessing energies to do good. 

So if you collapsed at Carrow Road, you would be declining medical treatment and instead be calling for a witch doctor?

44 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Didn't Glenn Hoddle use a 'healer', Eileen Drewery, during his time as England manager? I recall people thought it a bit cranky at the time. 

10 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

So if you collapsed at Carrow Road, you would be declining medical treatment and instead be calling for a witch doctor?

I would really love to read a full scientific study full of evidence that points at and shows the existance of 'magical healing energies' .. Do wonder why there may not be any? 🙃

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Didn't Glenn Hoddle use a 'healer', Eileen Drewery, during his time as England manager? I recall people thought it a bit cranky at the time. 

Indeed. Before he was dismissed for saying that disabled people deserved it, because they had sinned in their past lives.

What a nutjob.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Real Question , do we actually use soccerbot ? 

We do, didn't you see the Onel scaring other first teamers video...

Makes a good studio by the looks of it.

4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm fully convinced that the workings of the universe are way beyond what we know about day to day and that the narrow bandwidth of human existence is a tiny part of what is out there.  Hoddle was a bit too off beam with it though, because he didn't go about things in a subtle enough way to bring people along with him and just caused himself ridicule, but he was on the right track in some ways imo.

7 hours ago, lake district canary said:

In general I think that this only works if you have a patient inculcated into whatever belief system forms the basis of the faith healing in question. Not sure it is going to work with your average British footballer ...

Although to be fair, if you do believe in it it does have some beneficial effects because the role of the mind in is often underestimated.  See accounts of the Cuna Shamen for details... 😉

Edited by Barham Blitz

The brain is hard wired to prove you right, to achieve your goals, it must be otherwise you would never learn to walk or talk, hence the expression, be careful what you wish for. Is success guaranteed, no, does it make success more likely, yes. Consequently, if you believe you are sick/well, it is more likely you will be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray said:

The brain is hard wired to prove you right, to achieve your goals, it must be otherwise you would never learn to walk or talk, hence the expression, be careful what you wish for. Is success guaranteed, no, does it make success more likely, yes. Consequently, if you believe you are sick/well, it is more likely you will be.

AKA (sorry Mello) the placebo effect. 

Alternative Medicine: If It Worked It Would Just Be Called Medicine: https://sites.psu.edu/whothehelldoyouthinkiam/2015/03/25/alternative-medicine-if-it-worked-it-would-just-be-called-medicine

Nuff Said,

Not quite, I'm sure you agree the body can cure itself, and is designed to do so, which is why we get over colds, infections, etc., the brain is part of the body and therefore can help to cure, having said that I do understand the placebo effect.

I love the Headline of the article, Alternative Medicine: If It Worked It Would Just Be Called Medicine, well approx 100 plus years ago it was and had been for centuries, it is modern drug based medicine that really ought to be called alternative, nothing wrong with being alternative but big pharma at play here, also the article includes the following;

"Homeopathy is one of the biggest subsections of alternative medicine. The logic behind homeopathy is that to treat a disease, one must ingest very little parts of what causes the disease to trigger the correct response. The root of the word comes from the Greek word for “same”, homios, and the word for “suffering”, pathios.  This sounds fine at first glance, but a little more critical thinking renders that argument completely invalid.  Giving someone little tiny doses of arsenic when he is already suffering from arsenic poisoning does not work for the same reason that giving someone dying of a gunshot wound body armor does not work.

I wonder how this works with vaccines!!! 

2 hours ago, Ray said:

Nuff Said,

Not quite, I'm sure you agree the body can cure itself, and is designed to do so, which is why we get over colds, infections, etc., the brain is part of the body and therefore can help to cure, having said that I do understand the placebo effect.

I love the Headline of the article, Alternative Medicine: If It Worked It Would Just Be Called Medicine, well approx 100 plus years ago it was and had been for centuries, it is modern drug based medicine that really ought to be called alternative, nothing wrong with being alternative but big pharma at play here, also the article includes the following;

"Homeopathy is one of the biggest subsections of alternative medicine. The logic behind homeopathy is that to treat a disease, one must ingest very little parts of what causes the disease to trigger the correct response. The root of the word comes from the Greek word for “same”, homios, and the word for “suffering”, pathios.  This sounds fine at first glance, but a little more critical thinking renders that argument completely invalid.  Giving someone little tiny doses of arsenic when he is already suffering from arsenic poisoning does not work for the same reason that giving someone dying of a gunshot wound body armor does not work.

I wonder how this works with vaccines!!! 

Are you really trying to equate Homeopathy to vaccines?

18 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Think the bigger problem was his window-licking gibberish about disabled people.

Cornish Sam,

Well yes and no I suppose, hence why I put I wonder.

It's just that I found quite interesting, the line, "The logic behind homeopathy is that to treat a disease, one must ingest very little parts of what causes the disease to trigger the correct response."  especially considering that is sort of what vaccine do I believe.  If I am correct, and I may well not be, then modern day vaccines follow the same process as homeopathy, the same homeopathy being, imo, belittled in the article?

22 minutes ago, Ray said:

Cornish Sam,

Well yes and no I suppose, hence why I put I wonder.

It's just that I found quite interesting, the line, "The logic behind homeopathy is that to treat a disease, one must ingest very little parts of what causes the disease to trigger the correct response."  especially considering that is sort of what vaccine do I believe.  If I am correct, and I may well not be, then modern day vaccines follow the same process as homeopathy, the same homeopathy being, imo, belittled in the article?

No, modern vaccines don't follow the same theories as homeopathy. For a bit of background reading try this objective view https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathic_dilutions

Pay particular attention to things such as Molar limits and the "Proposed explanations" section.

Also look at the kind of thing that homeopaths use to create the solutions, e.g. duck liver as the base for a cure for the flu.

Much as I would like to post articles saying how crackers homeopathy actually is I would rather you reached that conclusion yourself.

Modern vaccination on the other hand stimulates the body to be able to produce the antibodies to fight off an infection itself, this by its very nature needs to contain enough of the active componant of the vaccine (there are a few different techniques, some using live virus at a low concentration, some using dead virus and some using other means) for the body to detect and react to, which by its very nature means that the concentrations involved are magnitudes higher than even the most concentrated of homeopathic remedies.

• Thanks 2

There’s no reputable studies that show homeopathy works, rather than just encouraging a patient to think they are getting better. A placebo, if you like.

On top of that, homeopathic dilutions are so huge that there is *no* trace of the original element (e.g. arsenic) in the tablets. There is some woo woo claimed about molecules “remembering” the element but the more you read about it, the more flimsy the whole thing is.

Edited by Nuff Said

Hi Cornish Sam,

I'll take you word for the vaccine scenario, however my preference, as I suspect yours is too, is to keep to all things natural if possible, and this has certainly stood my wife and I in good stead.  We have a business which remained open throughout the last 3 years, a business which brings us into close contact with hundreds of people.  We ensure we boost our immunity naturally and have not been vaccinated and have remained covid free throughout, or at least shown no symptoms.   That said, I also understand that modern medicine has its part to play, although I do believe too many people abdicate themselves of their responsibility for their own health and use the NHS as a crutch (excuse the pun).  In other words if people are proactive rather than reactive their could be a whole manner of benefits.

3 hours ago, Ray said:

Hi Cornish Sam,

I'll take you word for the vaccine scenario, however my preference, as I suspect yours is too, is to keep to all things natural if possible, and this has certainly stood my wife and I in good stead.  We have a business which remained open throughout the last 3 years, a business which brings us into close contact with hundreds of people.  We ensure we boost our immunity naturally and have not been vaccinated and have remained covid free throughout, or at least shown no symptoms.   That said, I also understand that modern medicine has its part to play, although I do believe too many people abdicate themselves of their responsibility for their own health and use the NHS as a crutch (excuse the pun).  In other words if people are proactive rather than reactive their could be a whole manner of benefits.

But getting trolleyed and eating cràp are all I have to forget my miserable existence and the state of the UK/World 😂

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Ray said:

Hi Cornish Sam,

Thanks ray, but I would prefer you not to take people's word for things and to look at the evidence and get information from a wide range of sources (but now I am going to "tell you what to do" 😁). Whilst there are a lot of benefits to living healthy and natural there are definitely also benefits to modern medicine and vaccines, whilst you and the wife have been lucky (which is great) by not catching covid, the dangers of the vaccines are so small that it really would be worth you and the wife getting it now unless there are underlying weaknesses or allergies that increase your risks as your luck may not last.

I agree on the whole though, prevention is better than cure and if people were more proactive with their own health then it would be best for everyone, unfortunately it takes, time, effort and education, things that a lot of people are lacking one or more of at the moment.

Hi Cornish Sam, we will have to disagree on this topic, as we have undertaken massive research and as a consequence believe we are not lucky but well informed. Although I also agree modern medicine can and does have its benefits, but not always.

Cheers

Ray

57 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Thanks ray, but I would prefer you not to take people's word for things and to look at the evidence and get information from a wide range of sources (but now I am going to "tell you what to do" 😁). Whilst there are a lot of benefits to living healthy and natural there are definitely also benefits to modern medicine and vaccines, whilst you and the wife have been lucky (which is great) by not catching covid, the dangers of the vaccines are so small that it really would be worth you and the wife getting it now unless there are underlying weaknesses or allergies that increase your risks as your luck may not last.

I agree on the whole though, prevention is better than cure and if people were more proactive with their own health then it would be best for everyone, unfortunately it takes, time, effort and education, things that a lot of people are lacking one or more of at the moment.

Oh, come on, Cornish Sam. You're far too polite.

Just call him an anti-vaxxer nutjob putting his health, and everyone else he comes into contact with, at risk.

• Like 1

The issue is that there are some very sensible people out there who get put in the same boat as some the the nut jobs. But in essence Lakey is right - so much we don’t understand today and many things that are unexplained.

Ray, your view goes against the greater majority of community focused folks on here. Do not do us the (albeit polite) disservice of dismissing our acceptance of modern science as being wrong. I'll be polite and allow you the benefit of our free society to follow your own path, pleaae let us follow our own path. From my own perspective i see only positives. I truly hope that nothing befalls you. 

Tonight though I have had a great night out enjoying myself socially, whilst making sure of basic hygiene etc. I fear if I had adhered to your ideology I would have been bored shìtless and my mental health would have tanked. 😄

First of all Pyro Pete, I've never said I am an anti vaxxer and your comments tell me all I need to know about you, and Shef Canary I have not dismissed your acceptance of modern medicine, I have in fact said I accept it has its place and I shall too be polite and hope nothing befalls you, furthermore, I can assure your mental health would not have been tanked, mine on the other hand! Also, you follow whatever path you wish, nowhere have I suggested you should do otherwise, I too have had a great night out and will (hopefully) have a great afternoon at Carrow Rd tomorrow.

Cheers 

Ray

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ray said:

First of all Pyro Pete, I've never said I am an anti vaxxer and your comments tell me all I need to know about you

If you aren't an anti-vaxxer, why didn't you get vaccinated against COVID?

16 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Think the bigger problem was his window-licking gibberish about disabled people.

The irony....