Sign in to follow this  
stratton canary

Club cabbage farm shop

Xmas eve & the club cabbage café & farm shop on the A17 is closing & will be put up For Sale after 50 years service to the locals and the travelling public. So no more full english breakfast's or very large slices of cake! 

I got knocked out on that road around '92. If anyone was on cabbage at the time.  Pretty messy stuff, services were called out and I delayed the bus leaving, but it was the other guy who was in a worse shape than me! 🙂

Gosh that takes me back. A local landmark from my childhood. When I was a kid it was Harold Payne’s Cafe and my dad delivered milk from the dairy near there. I moved away 30 odd years ago and had no idea it was still going.

18 minutes ago, Hansterbubble said:

When I was a kid it was Harold Payne’s Cafe and my dad delivered milk from the dairy near there

Wasn't Payne's on the other side?  I'm trying to think back to how it all was back in the day, i'm sure the road didn't have those dividers and cars would go through much quicker too.

1 minute ago, Google Bot said:

Wasn't Payne's on the other side?  I'm trying to think back to how it all was back in the day, i'm sure the road didn't have those dividers and cars would go through much quicker too.

Wasn’t there a hotel or motel or something on the other side? I recall going to a birthday party there when I was about 8 and getting in a row for doing knee slides and ruining my new trousers. 

I think you’re right Google Bot - dredging my memory a bit but wasn’t it the Anglia Motel on the other side and I think you’re right that Harold Payne ran that one. I’ll have to ask my old man as he will know all the ins and outs of who ran what!