Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Farke.. Some M'gladbach fans want FARKE OUT?!

The results have been a bit hit & miss but they have suffered through injuries, they been missing some key players, last night they had the 3rd choice keeper playing.

I don't know anything about BM or the Bundesliga. What kind of position would they realistically be hoping for as fans? Europe?

7 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I don't know anything about BM or the Bundesliga. What kind of position would they realistically be hoping for as fans? Europe?

Definitely. They finished 10th last season, which was the first time they've finished in the bottom half since 2010/11 (remember that the Bundesliga has 18 teams). They've finished in the top four on four occasions since then, and reached the last 16 of the Champions League two years ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Gladbach should be aiming to qualify for Europe, their problem has always been that they tend to lose their better players, Xhaka, Ter Stegen, Thorgan Hazard, Marco Reus have all had great seasons for Gladbach but not stayed at the club.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Satriales said:

gladb.png

As you can see right now they are 9th. Not bad so far but not amazing. Last season they finished 10th, 8th before then then they sort of over the lase decade or so have bounced between finishing down in 9th and having a high of finishing the season 3rd.. Apart from that odd 10-11 season in which they did awful and finished 16th. They were relegated down to the 2nd divison in 2007 but then went and finihed 1st and went straight back up the season after and aside from the 10-11 season since then they have never really looked in any trouble of going down again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like they lost to second from bottom Vfl Bochum (Not a clue about them), when 3 points would've put them just outside the top 6 on goal difference.

That's probably a kick in the nads and will cause more reactive responses as linked.

Watched a few games live and thought they looked pretty decent, big step up in those 50k+ stadiums though.... It's a whole different level to what he was dealing with here.

There was a good video/article on the BBC sport page regarding the Bundeslinga. Any German who supports anyone but bayern are happy to aim for 2nd place. 

Any bayern manager who loses 3 games the whole season gets his p45.

5 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

This sure sounds strangly familiar.. All a little early and premature given they are 9th in the table and all, but still rather interesting given the flaws we all know Farke had 

A massive total of 4 likes. All the replies (both of them!) are from Norwich. Could some fans actually be one?

They just lost against weaker opposition. Seems German has reactionary fans that vent after a loss like every football club in the world do! Not really a story is it? 

23 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Stubborn, no subs until after 80 minutes, benching expensive wide players, left-field selections at #10 ... 🤔

Never change Daniel ... 🤣🤣

Edited by Barham Blitz
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Barham Blitz said:

Stubborn, no subs until after 80 minutes, benching expensive wide players, left-field selections at #10 ... 🤔

Never change Daniel ... 🤣🤣

But but but I thought Farke was flawless and if we still had him as manager we would be 1st in the table and clear by 10 points 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

But but but I thought Farke was flawless and if we still had him as manager we would be 1st in the table and clear by 10 points 😉

The two aren't mutually exclusive to be fair ...

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well that was the situation at the end of the 20/21 season, at least over 3rd place Brentford. Hard to scoff at Farke for winning the Championship when he's done it twice 😉

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You’re probably right

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And now they're beating Dortmund.. 😳

And now it's 1-1😉

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And now 2-1 clickety click. 

Now 3-1   click click click 😉

3-2

Edited by Mengo

Dortmund look hilariously bad at the back. For the 3rd goal just then they had a 2v1 against their last man 50 yards from goal. 

8 minutes ago, hurricane said:

Watching the game, the stadium and fans are rocking, would love it to be even half as noisy at carrow road.

One thing the bundesliga has always had is fantastic support and rocking stadiums, compare that to the Prem in which even United and Liverpool seem oddly quiet and gloomy nowadays..

This game appears to me to be the perfect encapsulation of the Bundesliga. Great fun because no side seems to be any good at defending. It's one of the reasons I thought Farke would do fine at Gladbach, when he's given the talent his sides will be good going forward and if they're good enough you don't have to worry as much about defence.

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

All I want for Xmas is my Farke back 

And all I want is boat, a few billion in cash and a supermodel to bed but it's not going to happen is it?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary