Sign in to follow this  
vos

So what is the burning question to ask at the AGM !!

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

You cannot predict the future.

Very true,it's half his problem, he predicts it incorrectly, not being able to understand English is the other half . I genuinely feel sorry for someone so bitter about something  that was clear from the start. 

For life is not forever. 

53 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Or how’s about this?

Do they really need to fly to the United States for warm weather training? Couldn’t they have just gone to … I don’t know - southern Spain ? Haven’t they heard of the need for everyone and every business to reduce their carbon footprint ?

Coukd this not be a networking thing? I’d be amazed if Attanasio didn’t get a chance to meet the team in his turf. Which potentially is building relations for the future of the clubs finances? I understand the carbon footprint issues but let’s be honest, international business trips that can all be done via an internet connection are probably a bigger fish to fry 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

@vos are you choosing one of these questions or will you attempt to ask them all?

Last week the nurse told me my blood pressure was much better than usual. So hopefully I will keep quiet for a change !!!

4 minutes ago, vos said:

Last week the nurse told me my blood pressure was much better than usual. So hopefully I will keep quiet for a change !!!

I'll bring my pills just in case...

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm sure Roger will be remembered fondly tomorrow evening.

As for those vacant season ticket holders, I do hope there's no connection with the increased attendances at that small club to the south...

Maybe if you are a young person living in Diss looking to watch football at an affordable price?

Recruitment and retention of fans should be important. The example of Roger and his colleagues was a great one. The current approach could prove to be complacent.

Another interesting comparison is last seasons gate money of £10.8 million (excluding commercials) compared to £9.7 million for the same in 2019. Realistically the extra £1 million plus must have come from non-season attendees. The Strategic Report claims that the season ticket increase has gone into ground improvements. Sounds like sophistry as clearly the season ticket must effectively be offsetting the significant drop in casual ticket sales value this year. 

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Maybe if you are a young person living in Diss looking to watch football at an affordable price?

Recruitment and retention of fans should be important. The example of Roger and his colleagues was a great one. The current approach could prove to be complacent.

Another interesting comparison is last seasons gate money of £10.8 million (excluding commercials) compared to £9.7 million for the same in 2019. Realistically the extra £1 million plus must have come from non-season attendees. The Strategic Report claims that the season ticket increase has gone into ground improvements. Sounds like sophistry as clearly the season ticket must effectively be offsetting the significant drop in casual ticket sales value this year. 

Are these undecided young persons in Diss vacant season ticket holders?

It can't help with pricing that apparently these vacant season ticket holders can afford the tickets and leave them unused.

Edited by nutty nigel

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Followed by the children..... 

AKA, the inheritors 😉

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It can't help with pricing that apparently these vacant season ticket holders can afford the tickets and leave them unused.

Indeed but non-attendance this year could be a precursor to not buying next year and/or that casual attendance maybe an alternative for fewer matches next year.

24 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Indeed but non-attendance this year could be a precursor to not buying next year and/or that casual attendance maybe an alternative for fewer matches next year.

If you're right in the long run all this will save the club millions as they realise there's absolutely no point in building a new stand for the vacant...

Edited by nutty nigel

The number one question is surely. 

Does the halfway line line up with the middle of the tunnel yet? I can't find the picture but it just looks odd. The pitch should be in the middle of the stadium shouldn't it?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Very true,it's half his problem, he predicts it incorrectly, not being able to understand English is the other half . I genuinely feel sorry for someone so bitter about something  that was clear from the start. 

For life is not forever. 

So the phrase as written originally is 'being x entitles the holder to y'

9 years later a reinterpretation says that x can be retained but y cannot. 

In Oxford English I would suggest that means that x is intrinsically linked to y, an existential state that goes hand in hand, indivisible.

Maybe not in Stowmarket English or Cork English?

14 minutes ago, essex canary said:

In Oxford English I would suggest that means that x is intrinsically linked to y, an existential state that goes hand in hand, indivisible.

Planet Ethics. Strange place indeed. 

9 hours ago, essex canary said:

I wonder what the ombudsman makes of it ?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Why aren't the local press and media allowed into the AGM?....

This question really should be posed by someone who is going.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I wonder what the ombudsman makes of it ?

They haven't got the same teeth as other Ombudsman and have come in for a lot of criticism accordingly. 

That said, there  was a new Ombudsman appointed this year who seems to have a better reputation with the Football Supporters Association.

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

They haven't got the same teeth as other Ombudsman and have come in for a lot of criticism accordingly. 

That said, there  was a new Ombudsman appointed this year who seems to have a better reputation with the Football Supporters Association.

Can we assume you have contacted him then not that you wish to carry on your agenda of course ?

17 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

If you're right in the long run all this will save the club millions as they realise there's absolutely no point in building a new stand for the vacant...

If you play your TV extras gag it will bring the house down tonight and fill it with a much higher capacity going forwards. 

I am happy to give way for that one.

• Haha 1

Having raised the question it looks as if the answer is that many of us are blazing mad with the apparent fallout between Club and Archant. This must be sorted. Could be an interesting evening. I wonder if the potential American involvement has lit the fuse !!

3 hours ago, vos said:

I wonder if the potential American involvement has lit the fuse !!

Even if the fuse is lit, there's only a sparkler at the end.

Gary Field from the Canary's Trust was on Radio Norfolk, speaking to Rob Butler about the AGM.

The only two things of interest he said were that Mark Attanasio was there.

And that the issue of no media being allowed in was raised. They said the media had got too personal or something.

Not exactly riveting stuff.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, essex canary said:

If you play your TV extras gag it will bring the house down tonight and fill it with a much higher capacity going forwards. 

I am happy to give way for that one.

Well, now you know that the reason the lights shine in your eyes is because we're unpaid TV extras for the armchair Arthurs. 

I'm quite happy that some more fans are inconvenienced after nobody having sympathy with me about the bloke stood in front of me with a camera.🙃

Lovely old job.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Well, now you know that the reason the lights shine in your eyes is because we're unpaid TV extras for the armchair Arthurs. 

I'm quite happy that some more fans are inconvenienced after nobody having sympathy with me about the bloke stood in front of me with a camera.🙃

Lovely old job.

Arguably paying TV extras...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Arguably paying TV extras...

Who pay extra to carry advertising on the shirts they wear... good scam.

• Like 1